RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Dragon-1 & F3PV (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/618340-dragon-1-f3pv.html)

Rockin140 05-17-2020 02:15 PM

Dragon-1 & F3PV

Here's the setup: TRX4 Sport (kit), MyTrickRC DG-1 light controller, Futaba 3PV transmitter. DG-1 connected correctly having black connector to 1080ESC and ch. 2/throttle on double end of Y-splitter with single end of splitter into receiver ch. 2/throttle. DG-1 red connector plugged into receiver ch. 3.. DG-1 powered by 3S balance port. Futaba ch.3 set to SWITCH w/ endpoints -100 and +100 (factory settings).

Truck has two 5mm red LED's in rear (no reverse LED's), front has two 5mm and two 3mm white. When controller is powered I get 3 flashes then steady indicating port E/rear is in TRAIL/BRAKE mode (rear DIM, FULL brightness when braking).

Ok - all that happens. This sounds stupid, but is FULL brightness expected at throttle neutral (to me that's brake) AND when reversing? Bright at neutral I can buy. But I was expecting when in reverse the brake lights would dim. Is that normal?

Another oddity is that ch. 3 does control the lights by moving the switch forward AND BACK again to turn ON - but not as simply as ON one way and OFF the other. It's ON/OFF to turn ON. And to turn OFF, the switch has to go through FOUR ON/OFF cycles to turn off; ON/OFF, ON/OFF, ON/OFF, ON/OFF to turn OFF.

Can this be corrected by endpoint adjustments or other feature in the transmitter? If so, what and how? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Rockin140 05-22-2020 12:54 PM

Re: Dragon-1 & F3PV

Bump...

Any ideas?

dungeonracer 05-22-2020 04:31 PM

I have the Trick RC light kit as well, mounted in a TRX4 Bronco, and here's what I found.

Set up as per the instructions, the reverse lights would come on anytime I stopped or reversed. I switched the wiring so the the brake lights come when I stop or reverse. Doing so, I lost the reverse lights. I prefer having the brakes lights come on rather than the reverse lights.

I also set up to turn on the lights via a Spektrum DX5C radio. I found one click only turned on the marker lights. Continuing to click 3 more times would turn on the headlights. One more click would turn off all lights.
I do have an odd thing happening. I'll turn off the lights, and little while later, the marker lights will be on even though I don't recall hitting the switch.

You can also try contacting mytrickrc at www.mytrickrc.com/

MyTrickRC 05-22-2020 11:32 PM

Hi Rockin140
The way we implemented "Drag Brake" function is that Brake Lights are always ON except when driving forward. The thinking that in a scale vehicle you only let off the brakes when driving forward. Of course scale trucks have neutral, but it was a compromise. We do have Normally DIM with FULL bright with Brake and Reverse. But this is only meant for trucks with forward-brake-reverse configuration. I hope that all makes sense.

Also, regarding the remote mode switch on your transmitter, you need to set the switch to toggle full left to full right. That will solve that issue.

dungeonracer,
Did you try pressing and holding the mode button for 3 sec? It changes the function of port E. Port E switches between 4 functions:

1. Running Lights (Lights always ON)
2. Reverse Lights (Normally OFF except when driving forward)
3. Tail/Brake (Normally DIM, FULL bright at Brake and Reverse. This is for trucks with forward-brake-reverse configuration)
4. Tail/Brake (Normally FULL bright, then DIM when driving forward. This is for trucks with forward-reverse configuration, like rock crawlers)

Also, regarding the remote mode switch on your transmitter, you need to set the switch to toggle full left to full right. That will solve that issue.

Hope this helps!

Rockin140 05-24-2020 03:46 PM

QUOTE=MyTrickRC...Also, regarding the remote mode switch on your transmitter, you need to set the switch to toggle full left to full right. That will solve that issue.

Still a bit lost on Tx (Futaba 3PV) settings...Ch. 3 is selected to SW1. Ch. 3 sub-trim is 0. Ch. 3 EPA's are -100% / +100%. Is that not toggling full left and full right? Is this a two-position switch or three-position?

Re lights, they are working as they should. I was expecting more than the system and/or transmitter allows.

HONCHO_PETE 07-09-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyTrickRC (Post 6024562)
Hi Rockin140 Also, regarding the remote mode switch on your transmitter, you need to set the switch to toggle full left to full right. That will solve that issue. Hope this helps!

Could you please explain further? How to set SW1 on the 3PV to toggle full left to full right? Apologies if it's obvious, I haven't been able to work it out...

HONCHO_PETE 07-09-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin140 (Post 6024899)
Still a bit lost on Tx (Futaba 3PV) settings...Ch. 3 is selected to SW1. Ch. 3 sub-trim is 0. Ch. 3 EPA's are -100% / +100%. Is that not toggling full left and full right?

Same here... did you find a solution?