Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Very Quick Battery Mount for TRX-4 Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Very Quick Battery Mount for TRX-4 Sport

My TRX-4 Sport is currently non-drivable while I wait from my CI foams to come in, so I've been doing some rudimentary work in the shop in the meantime.

The stock battery mount situation has been bothering me, so I very quickly designed something with some scrap lexan I had (see pics below).

It seems to be pretty decent. Holds firm, the battery doesn't move, and it's definitely a bit lower than where the stock tray puts the battery.

Does anyone see any potential issues with this setup? I am just looking for feedback to make sure there aren't any glaring potential problems that I'm missing with this setup. I confirmed that it doesn't limit full suspension travel.

I'll probably replace this with something a sturdier than lexan eventually; this is in sort of a "proof of concept" stage.

Ignore the tangled wire spaghetti. It's one of my next things to tackle.

slothRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Very Quick Battery Mount for TRX-4 Sport

Did you consider putting the heavy battery lower, Like on the slider where that light esc is? Maybe use that lexan mount for the esc. That looks like a great esc mount!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
Did you consider putting the heavy battery lower, Like on the slider where that light esc is? Maybe use that lexan mount for the esc. That looks like a great esc mount!

Do you have to worry about weight on one side of the chassis versus the other? If I put the battery on the slider/floor pan, won't it be a lot of extra weight on one side of the chassis vs the other? Would I have to add weight to the other side for balance, or is this not really an issue?
Old 05-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Been running on the slider for a long time. Works out really well, as long as your battery tucks between the slider mounts. I just moved my electronics to the other side in my Sport, though in other trucks I stuck them in the battery location.

I never noticed an issue with weight balance, though you might need to tweak your spring collars a little bit if it's a really heavy pack.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Been running on the slider for a long time. Works out really well, as long as your battery tucks between the slider mounts. I just moved my electronics to the other side in my Sport, though in other trucks I stuck them in the battery location.

I never noticed an issue with weight balance, though you might need to tweak your spring collars a little bit if it's a really heavy pack.
Thanks. I moved the battery to the side panel and moved the ESC to that center plate, and everythings going very nicely. Ran several packs today and it's performing well
Old 05-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

how does this effect side hilling?
splyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Lower cg probably better overall. Generally side rails are good. Balance? Well it can help or hurt. Going up hill depending on torque twist. There are too many factors involved to know for sure. Testing, tinker and test some more. Which way do you like more, that's the only "best" I know. But that's only accurate for you.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 05-24-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Very Quick Battery Mount for TRX-4 Sport - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount? TAOTAO Traxxas TRX-4 2 07-01-2019 04:22 PM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM