Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Flysky FS-GT5 vs Radiolink RC6GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Flysky FS-GT5 vs Radiolink RC6GS

I am finally getting some rc's back up and running and really need to get a new radio system, but don't want to spend a fortune. If I were racing again, I'd probably go for a $200 range futaba or Spektrum, but Im just bashing these days. I have found these 2 to be the go-to radios for budget radios. I considered the Dumborc for $30, but I need EPA and it only has D/R but not individual EPA nor does it have model memory. Anyway, between these 2 I am not sure which way to go. from what I can see they are basiacally the same price $60-80 depending on when and where. The Flysky seems to be more user friendly, except for bind plug instead of button, while the Radiolink has more features. Most of the features are probably things I would never use, but the key being:
Radio link Pros:
1. idle up (good for my old nitros)
2. on baord battery telemetry (on the newer model with the R7 FG receiver.
3. Firmware can be upgraded by usb
4. Can use up to 3s in transmitter and adjust battery warning voltage.

Flysky Pros:
1. better ergonomics/looks
2. 20 Models vs 10 models
3. more user friendly (maybe)
Honestly if the Radiolink had the Flysky ergonomics I think this would be a no brainer. Any thoughts?
SF RC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Flysky FS-GT5 vs Radiolink RC6GS

I just bought 2 R7FG receivers for 30$ and I will update my RC4GS to get the battery voltage telemetry.
Pretty nice for a 75$ radio

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I just got hobbyporter 007 7ch for 55$ from bangood. Got 2 x Rx for another 22$. Killer radio.

7 ch, 4w steering, gyro, built in lipo checker built in temp sensor, lipo or Dry cell, 15 model mem, 11$ receivers. My tested range was approx 400 yards. Also has built in flash light.

SBG did a vid review...
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #4

The only thing I don't like about the Radiolink radios is that the antenna seems very fragile. I've never broken mine, but I was paranoid careful with it.

Mine did stop centering after I fell with it in my hand though so I switched to FlySky. Need something more durable for the trails.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I really like the Radiolink. I didn't even consider the flysky...looks like a phaser reject from star trek. When I'm out on the trails, I don't want to have to explain to people that I'm playing with toy trucks, and not star trek gadgets! Haha!
Minoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
I just got hobbyporter 007 7ch for 55$ from bangood. Got 2 x Rx for another 22$. Killer radio.

7 ch, 4w steering, gyro, built in lipo checker built in temp sensor, lipo or Dry cell, 15 model mem, 11$ receivers. My tested range was approx 400 yards. Also has built in flash light.

SBG did a vid review...
Looks like a killer deal, what part number or model extra receivers did you get?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:10 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Hobby Porter HP007 has a good price/function ... but like the GT5, you're stuck with the hard coded mixes.
Radiolink might look dated with its antenna and boxy design, but you're free to use the mixes as you need, it handles up to 4s instead of plain batteries, and has vehicule battery telemetry with the R7F receiver ... and if you're not afraid of soldering, you can even get 6ch cheap with the RC4GS ;)
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxstang View Post
Hobby Porter HP007 has a good price/function ... but like the GT5, you're stuck with the hard coded mixes.
Radiolink might look dated with its antenna and boxy design, but you're free to use the mixes as you need, it handles up to 4s instead of plain batteries, and has vehicule battery telemetry with the R7F receiver ... and if you're not afraid of soldering, you can even get 6ch cheap with the RC4GS ;)
How do you use mixing on ground vehicles? I thought that was for the air guys.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

4 wheel steering is mixing and it's what's hardcoded on GT5/HP007/etc ... but you can also use mixing to drive a tracked vehicle, sync an accessory depending on steering or throttle input but at a different rate (driver's head, steering wheel), drive two MOA at a different speed for a permanent overdrive or underdrive ...
Sure there's not that much need for mixing in crawlers in general and if you don't feel the need, then it's like the hard coded 4WS, it'll remain useless, but it opens up a lot of possibilities if you're creative ...

Say you want to adjust the ride height of a truck/car. You install servos that will move the upper mount of the shocks relative to the chassis and drive them on one channel ... without mixes, the only way you could adjust the ride height without any other electronics would be by playing with the trims of the channel driving the servos. With the mixes, you can set one so it lowers the ride height according to throttle input ... low input = full height / max input = low height ... You can also make a set up that will lower one side or the over according to steering input (you'll need 2 mixes I guess, one per side) so it leans in turns.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Pretty nice for a 75$ radio
That is can dollars , right?
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:24 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
That is can dollars , right?
I think so yeah

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

The Radiolink looks like something from the 80's. I love my FS-GT5
nzrc is offline   Reply With Quote

Flysky FS-GT5 vs Radiolink RC6GS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set soze Electronics 221 01-16-2024 12:49 PM
Flysky GT-3C vs GT5 Stomp Electronics 14 09-28-2019 08:43 PM
Radiolink RC4G or Flysky GT3B MrBlank Electronics 54 03-16-2018 09:18 PM