Notices

Thread: RGT 1/24 Adventurer replacement radio Tx wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #1

Default RGT 1/24 Adventurer replacement radio Tx wanted

Hi all,
Hope this is the right thread to post.
Firstly, I am a newbie in RC.
I have just accidentally fried the PCB on my son's RGT Adventurer's transmitter in my attempt to repair the broken steering wheel. Not sure how this happened but I don't think the Tx is reparable.
What is the most cheap and straightforward way to get the car running again? Where do I buy a replacement transmitter (or its PCB) and how do I pair with the stock receiver? Or will it not, and I need to replace both?

This is precisely my receiver: https://www.asiatees.com/display?RGT...d=148550&pid=1

But there are no transmitters in stock or even listed.

Thanks in advance!
Alex
AlexA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RGT 1/24 Adventurer replacement radio Tx wanted

Well how about a bit more info before we explore replacing the radio.

So is the steering not working on the truck itself or is it just the wheel thats busted on the radio? And what was the fix that went wrong? Pictures might help depending on what it is.

If you're not sure which it is let me just say that I've never seen or heard of a steering wheel on the radio that went bad without being dropped or physically damaged. If damage didn't occur then I would focus on the steering servo, these go bad frequently.

If you have a known good spare servo you could unplug the current servo and plug it in to see if it works. I'm guessing you might not though.

Here's the servo https://www.asiatees.com/display?RGT...d=148549&pid=1

I know they may hit you pretty hard on shipping so an alternative might be to check and see if the ECX Barrage servo might also work, These 2 trucks are clones I believe RC badge engineering so to speak. If that is the same you can likely find it from a closer retailer/save on shipping.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-11-2019 at 10:03 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #3

Hi HumboldtEF,

Thanks for trying to help. I just wanted to spare the details but there you go.
Yes, the steering wheel axis got broken as the remote got dropped ot have been stood on. I fixed it by drilling and replacing the axis with its flat end that inserts into the pot on the PCB. While testing with the transmitter disassembled, I accidentally short-circuited something on the board which produced some hissing sound and a smoke ) It is not waking up now, so let's forget it.

The steering on the truck should be working but I cannot test it now. Previously it was responding fine to the steering alignment knob. So let's skip the servo for now.

What I need you or others to help me with is understanding how the transmitter gets paired with the receiver (ESC + receiver two-in-one unit in my case, as far as I understand). I have not been able to find a replacement remote for the RGT or the clone ECX truck but they do sell the receivers separately so I guess they could be paired with a different transmitters somehow. Correct me if I am wrong.

And no, there are no local RC hobby stores, I live in a shithole in New Zealand (which I love nonetheless . So, I am limited to online orders.

Any ideas how (and where from) to get a different remote working with the Adventurer ESC/receiver? Thanks again for your time.!

Last edited by AlexA; 07-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:14 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes a replacement radio can bind to your existing gear, I haven't been able to locate a manual for this truck. Typically you bind the receiver by pushing a button or installing a jumper as well as putting your radio in "bind" mode. Can you see 'bind' written anywhere on the 2 in 1 combo? its hard to see in the photos, it also looks like when its installed on the truck there is a cover or mount that might obscure the text that appears to be on it.

It looks like they might not sell the radios separately but you could try contacting them directly RGT-Racing - Contact us

You could also keep a look out on Ebay to see if you can pick up another damaged model for its radio.

EDIT: it does look like Horizon Hobby lists the radio, though its says its only available stores https://www.horizonhobby.com/24ghz-t...4-all-ecx10003

You could try contacting them as well, I think they may be more responsive.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-12-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yes a replacement radio can bind to your existing gear, I haven't been able to locate a manual for this truck. Typically you bind the receiver by pushing a button or installing a jumper as well as putting your radio in "bind" mode. Can you see 'bind' written anywhere on the 2 in 1 combo? its hard to see in the photos, it also looks like when its installed on the truck there is a cover or mount that might obscure the text that appears to be on it.

It looks like they might not sell the radios separately but you could try contacting them directly RGT-Racing - Contact us

You could also keep a look out on Ebay to see if you can pick up another damaged model for its radio.

EDIT: it does look like Horizon Hobby lists the radio, though its says its only available stores https://www.horizonhobby.com/24ghz-t...4-all-ecx10003

You could try contacting them as well, I think they may be more responsive.
Hi, thaks heaps for your great help. I will try and find an ECX radio now using your lead. This will be a great start )
Yes, My 2-in-1 has a binding button (hole) which seems to be working.

I'm also thinking, is it possible to by a ready radio+receiver combo somewhere and replace my receiver with a different one that would be working with my motor and servo? What do you reckon?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Certainly, you could just purchase another radio and receiver, though you'll likely also need a new ESC too as I think its directly connected to the 2 in 1 receiver. At that point you may end up spending as much if not more than just getting another Adventured. Then the other could be used for its spare parts maybe, but thats also likely to be pricey.

As for what electronics would be suitable and affordable I'll have to bow out as I just dont know the electronics for these smaller trucks well at all. If anyone else has some suggestions please chime in.

There is a micro crawler section here where you may find a bit more help from folks who actually own this truck (I do not). You might try staring a new thread or just copy/pasting from this thread Scale Rigs General Tech - Micro Scale Rigs at RCCrawler.com
Old 08-20-2019, 01:45 AM   #7

A quick update.
Neither v3 nor v4 ECX radio pairs with the RGT receiver (labeled as R3862-24). I tried both myself.
The OEM RGT transmitter which I burned is labeled as T3928 whatever this means. It is not available anywhere at all, even as a Tx-Rx combo.

Does anyone have a redundant RGT transmitter radio for sale by any chance?
Old 07-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Where you able to sort this out? I have the exact same problem...
D440 is offline   Reply With Quote

RGT 1/24 Adventurer replacement radio Tx wanted - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/24 rgt adventurer hit it hard! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 05-30-2018 07:04 AM
Rgt adventurer 1/24 shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 05-09-2018 06:32 AM
1/24 HSP RGT Adventurer Mongol Pete Micro Scale Rigs 15 02-23-2018 02:47 PM
Rgt 1/24 adventurer snow and ice shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 01-15-2018 06:59 AM