Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Gt5 winch glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 02:21 AM   #1

Default Gt5 winch glitch

Hi all. Newish to the hobby but reasonably good with mechanical and electrical stuff. I've got a flysky gt5 with a HeyOk winch controller on channel 6. The thing that's got me a bit stumped is that the winch won't go unless I give the steering a jiggle. Once going I can turn the knob the opposite way and it stops, but won't go in the opposite direction untill another steering jiggle. Is this just a setting I need to play with?
Kiwiaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gt5 winch glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiaristo View Post
Hi all. Newish to the hobby but reasonably good with mechanical and electrical stuff. I've got a flysky gt5 with a HeyOk winch controller on channel 6. The thing that's got me a bit stumped is that the winch won't go unless I give the steering a jiggle. Once going I can turn the knob the opposite way and it stops, but won't go in the opposite direction untill another steering jiggle. Is this just a setting I need to play with?
I'll try and help.

My suggestion would be to connect a servo to the winch channel as it gives you a visual way to see what is happening with the servo signal. Then you can decide if the trouble is with the radio system or the winch controller.

The winch controller expects to see a servo signal that is in the center position (winch Stop) and fully left (winch winds one direction) and fully right (winch wind the other direction).

Maybe the servo isn't moving immediately when you tell it to do so with the remote until you move the steering for some reason... or if it does move as expected, then you can look more at the winch controller for the trouble.

That's all I have for you right now. Maybe report back as to what you find when controlling a servo and I might be of more help.

Cheers,
Al
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Also consider going to the servo monitor screen on the transmitter. This will show you what the transmitter is sending to the receiver.
Does channel 6 show the appropriate response on the screen when you operate it?
vinceherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #4

Ok I've had a gt5 for awhile and have always used channel 3 for the winch and the winch controller I have is kinda a pain you press once to let out 2 times to stop and 3 times to reel in. The messed up thing is if you press once and its letting out you still have to press twice to stop or 3 times to reel in instead of once for out and 1 more time to stop ect it always messes with me as I dont use it often and forget this fact anyways my question is why ch6 and what's this servo screen you speak of I think I may have had it pop up once but not sure and how do you get to it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
kingothecave is offline   Reply With Quote

Gt5 winch glitch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it m1009cucv Electronics 94 01-05-2022 06:34 AM
FS-GT5 vs DX5C bexline Electronics 6 06-27-2020 01:58 PM
FS GT5 Receiver CBen22 Electronics 2 05-19-2020 06:21 AM
FS-GT5 owners... TK421 Electronics 3 05-04-2020 03:42 PM
Flysky GT-3C vs GT5 Stomp Electronics 14 09-28-2019 08:43 PM