Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum FIRMA 1040 and External BEC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Spektrum FIRMA 1040 and External BEC

Hey Guys I needed some help with wiring a Spektrum Firma 1040 I picked up. I want to add an external BEC, but what ports do I Even plug the Castle Creations BEC into on the Receiver?

Generally I toss it in the AUX and Battery Port, Take the Power wire off the ESC connector and Im g2g. Since the ESC and Receiver are built in Im not sure how that works.

For reference here are the items

Spektrum FIRMA 1040

Castle Creations BEC

All in all I was tryna put this in one of my more powerful rigs that require the higher voltage and Amperage. Worst comes to worse It can go inside my basic rig that my buddies use and I had no intentions of upgrading lol
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Spektrum FIRMA 1040 and External BEC

I'm not 100% certain...but, I'm guessing got can't disable the ESC's internal BEC? Have you checked into that possibility? If the ESC's internal BEC can be disabled, you should be able to plug the CC BEC into any unused port on the RX. However, if the ESC's internal BEC can't be disabled, there is an easy "work-around", assuming you're only using the external BEC to power your servo.

Holmes Hobbies makes an external BEC 'adapter', which has 4 connectors - one to plug the external BEC into, one to plug the servo into, one to plug into the Channel 1 port on the RX, and one to plug other accessories (such as LED lights) needing power from the external BEC.

This actually had a great benefits of you're using more than one LED, and they require different voltages. Say you have one lightbar that's rated for 6V, and another rated for 7.4V. You set the ESC's BEC to 6V, and the external CC BEC to 7.4V. Then, you plus the LEDs for 6V into Channels 3 and/or 4 on the RX, and you plug LEDs for 7.4V into the 'accessory' port on the CC BEC. Now, your servo, as well as 7.4V LEDs will receive their power from the external CC BEC, while the 6V LEDs will receive their power from the ESC's BEC. Best of all, there's no need to 'snip' any red wires, as the Holmes Hobbies harness takes care of that "problem" for you (red + black from the external BEC, plus white/yellow from the receiver, reach the servo).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum FIRMA 1040 and External BEC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum Firma Brushed ESC/Receiver svt923 Electronics 18 10-07-2020 10:36 AM
If a esc doesn't have a bec can I use a external bec jemelumadu2 Electronics 3 08-31-2020 09:13 PM
external bec +esc bec ferp420 Electronics 11 03-06-2019 04:39 AM
internal esc bec or external bec 3sgte Electronics 15 01-15-2015 08:23 PM
using external BEC & esc's internal BEC.... slowlearner Newbie General 2 02-14-2010 01:35 AM