Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 7PX question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Futaba 7PX question

Does anyone know if this radio is capable of momentary switch action? I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I’m considering upgrading from a 4PL to a 7PX but I watched a scale builder guild video and he set his spektrum radio to momentary. It blew my mind.

I’m always trying to start and stop a winch at just the right spot. I am a Futaba guy through and through because they’ve never let me down. But that feature alone has me thinking about a spektrum radio!
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Futaba 7PX question

When i was trying to set up dig on my 4PK I had the PS1 button somehow set to what you're talking about. The dig servo went to full lock, when I pressed the button it would go to the opposite position, but then as soon as I released it would return to the original position. I can't say exactly how to recreate it though, just that it had something to do with "Switch Select" on channel 3.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I will be following this as I am looking for momentary switch on my 7PX also.
Walterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Here’s a mod to make it work on the 4pl. 4PL 3 Position Momentary Switch Mod
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
When i was trying to set up dig on my 4PK I had the PS1 button somehow set to what you're talking about. The dig servo went to full lock, when I pressed the button it would go to the opposite position, but then as soon as I released it would return to the original position. I can't say exactly how to recreate it though, just that it had something to do with "Switch Select" on channel 3.
First, while having a 3-position DIG switch would be nice, I'm NOT about to open my 7PX and start soldering away...no thank you. However, the "momentary" vs "on/off" switch problem is a super simple one to fix. ANY of the switches can be set to "on/off", it "momentary". By default, PS3 is set to "on/off", while all other PS switches default to "momentary". That beefing said, here's the 'fix':

User menu > Switch select (found on page 4 of 7PX, not sure on other Futaba Txs). On this page, there are three columns (Function, Dir, & Type). The first is, obviously, for telling the Tx what the switch will be controlling (there are 6 pages of Function options). The second column tells the Tx whether to operate the switch in normal, or reverse. For example, if the switch is being used for on/off control, normal means the 'default' is "off", and pressing the switch turns it "on". Press again, and it's "off". Reverse is the exact same, except the 'default' is "on".

Now, can the third column...the column labeled "Type"...this is where your problem is. This is the option that determines whether the switch operates as an "on/off" switch, or a "momentary" switch. As pointed out about, PS3's 'default' is "on/off", while all other switches default to "momentary". By changing the "Type", from 'Nor.' to 'Alt.', you change the switch from one, to the other. For example, I'm using PS2 to control headlights, and PS3 to control the roof-mounted lightbar. PS3 is set to 'Nor.' (as its default is "on/off"), but PS2 is set to 'Alt.' (which changed it from a "momentary" switch, to an "on/off"switch.

There you are...problem should be solved.

Now, if you could help me with my problem, as I'm having difficulty figuring out how to program one of the PS buttons to operate the DIG servo. I've shown you (and others) how to correct the problem you were having, so, could you please be so kind as to tell me how you programmed the PS switch to operate the DIG?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:48 AM   #6

does anyone know if one of the dt switches can be set to momentary im trying to use dt6 for the winch? i got it to work but when you hit the switch once it just spools out you have to hit the switch again to make it stop. i guess if i have to use it this way its no huge deal. i have messed with this menu and emailed futaba several times with no response.
maxx2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #7
RCO
Pebble Pounder

You can set all switches to Normal or Alternate mode...
RCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #8

im with hibbs on this one and what panther 6834 makes a lot of sense but it is not what myself an hibbs are trying to do. i just switched from the spectrum transmitter to the futaba 7pxr. and on my spectrum i can set a switch to 3 position middle being off push the switch forward and my winch spools out release the switch and the winch stops, press the switch rearward and the winch will spool in so i want to winch in 6 inches of line i release the switch and the winch will stop until i press it rearward again. what you guys are saying is not working for a winch. can we do this on the futaba? thank you for your input though
maxx2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Futaba 7PX question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba 7PX Laz79 Traxxas TRX-4 3 06-07-2019 07:55 AM
Futaba 7PX Receiver/s bbrigg Electronics 1 02-27-2019 10:44 AM
Futaba 7PX - Chiphead Electronics 6 08-17-2017 11:32 PM