Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RC6GS V2 control my winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #1

Default RC6GS V2 control my winch

I am trying to control my Integy winch through my RC6GS V2 controller and can not figure out how to do this, can anyone help me? This is on my TRX4 Sport running a Hobbywing 1080 ESC off a TRaxxas 5000 3s battery. What do I need to make this work, it is a pain to try and use the "fob". THANKS
4th St Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC6GS V2 control my winch

Just wire your winch controller to either 5th or 6th channel on the receiver, they are 3 position switches, perfect for driving a winch.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You need something between the RX and the winch to make it work. More than likely when you plug it directly into the RX the winch just spins in one direction. You need a winch controller.

You can do a couple of different things for controlling winches...
• You can get an RC4WD controller. They work, but they are not waterproof, they are expensive, and they are very low power.
https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Wired-...it_p_3725.html
There is also the wireless version of this is well with the same issues.
• Hey OK has some great options. This guy makes some great stuff that just plain works.
He makes these in both wired and wireless.
Winch Controller - Relay Driven - External Power
• As much as I like to support guys like Hey OK, I go a bit more simplistic, and just install a HW1060 as a winch controller. The only real trick to it is removing the red wire going from the HW1060 to the RX. But, other than that, its easy-peasy...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

I use a Precision RC Works cheapy winch controller. It's easy to program with the 4 little switches. You can waterproof it with electrical tape, silicone goo, hot glue.
It doesn't need to plug into a battery, just plug into the receiver with the servo connector and it's good to go.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/precisi...-0021/p1175153
KingRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #5

Ok so I purchased a PrecisionRCWorks Raptor Plug and Pull winch controller. Connected the RX lead to the 5 and 6 channels on my RadioLink R7FG and the other leads to the winch and power... turned it on and all the winch did was run in and did not stop no matter what position I placed the 5 or 6 channel switch in on the TX. I did reconnect the RX lead to the steering channel as suggested by Precision and the winch did nothing... ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IS WRONG???
4th St Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th St Graphix View Post
Ok so I purchased a PrecisionRCWorks Raptor Plug and Pull winch controller. Connected the RX lead to the 5 and 6 channels on my RadioLink R7FG and the other leads to the winch and power... turned it on and all the winch did was run in and did not stop no matter what position I placed the 5 or 6 channel switch in on the TX. I did reconnect the RX lead to the steering channel as suggested by Precision and the winch did nothing... ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IS WRONG???
I think you have your Sub Trim set incorrectly, go to the SUB-TRIM option on your radio and adust it to the point where the winch dosent move.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th St Graphix View Post
Your winch controller is probably looking for a three-position type of servo signal in order to work. It would be good to verify that you are giving it such a signal. An easy way to check this is to plug a servo into that channel. Then try the channel. You should be able to get the servo to swing left, stop in the center and move right. If you can verify that, then turn up the end points (travel adjustment) to max if needed.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winch controller

RC6GS V2 control my winch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winch piggyback control - Cheap, No CH needed / Proportional remote control CRAWLER75 Electronics 9 12-15-2017 06:03 PM
Winch Control DustyfX4 Electronics 9 12-06-2011 06:43 AM