Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Silent outrunner and ESC for less then $60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Silent outrunner and ESC for less then $60

Also try using the capacitor, the iflights don't come with as many capacitors on board as the wraiths.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2021, 12:19 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
Also try using the capacitor, the iflights don't come with as many capacitors on board as the wraiths.

That's right, I'm using 1.74 and it turns out that a capacitor is needed to solve the problem thanks to the creator of this firmware

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
rickybalungbung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:30 AM   #143

help me

Old 07-26-2021, 03:29 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

https://github.com/AlkaMotors/AM32-M...rduino-PC-Link

Your arduino is probably using the old bootloader.

Which one did you buy?

You can get much faster and better support by using the am32 slack chat here:
https://am32-invite.herokuapp.com/

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 07-26-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #145

Quote:
I think it is pb4 bootloader, so start with that and just try different targets till it works, I can't tell which pads are swd or swc. so you need to trace them with an continuity tester / multimeter.

hello friend I got to flash the Flycolor 50A, if they were those connection pins. The only thing that did not work well at all, in fact the esc burned, it only lasted a few minutes, when I gave it a punch. I think it was from using another esc's firmware. Can you tell me about a firmware that works well with this esc?
greetings thanks.
Óscar vh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

I don't know which firmware target would work best sorry.

Did it run rough or change directions at Partial throttle?

Did you run it with the original firmware at all. The quality control on these cheap quadcopter esc's is not the greatest.

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch the temperature on the esc. Especially when crawling slow.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 07-29-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:17 AM   #147

Quote:
I don't know which firmware target would work best sorry.

Did it run rough or change directions at Partial throttle?

Did you run it with the original firmware at all. The quality control on these cheap quadcopter esc's is not the greatest.

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch the temperature on the esc. Especially when crawling slow.

I got the original firmware. and if I change direction when I accelerate partial. there was when it burned.
Óscar vh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

I don't have answers.
If you were pushing it hard it could just be too many amps.

I imagine driving forward and suddenly switching to reverse makes a power spike.

Try the am32 slack chat. The people there know much more then I do.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 07-30-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:39 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

In our german group lots of people tried first the wraith32 and changed afterwards to the Iflight55A....one guy burned 5 of those and is now partially happy with an Iflight.
Mine is still hung up in customs so I cant say anything about the issue.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

The new Iflight ESC's have a different MCU, So you need to check that is not G071 before you erase it. Possibly you can load am32 on it but it uses a different bootloader and firmware.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #151

Quote:
The new Iflight ESC's have a different MCU, So you need to check that is not G071 before you erase it. Possibly you can load am32 on it but it uses a different bootloader and firmware.
this is mcu
I still don't understand how to flash this mcu

Old 08-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

erase the esc, and upload https://github.com/AlkaMotors/g071Bo...Bootloader.bin to 0x08000000
Then connect the esc to the Arduino or FC and open configurator to upload https://github.com/AlkaMotors/AM32-M...N_ESC_1.74.hex
Then also in the configurator click send default settings This installs the default EEPROM settings
Old 08-19-2021, 04:59 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Updated the tutorial to show that using the power from the ST-link is no longer recommended.
Just Solder all your wires to the ESC like normal.
And connect the SWC, SWD and ground to the ST-link.
This prevents you from burning up the ST-link if you try to plug it in with power at the same time as the battery.
Having ST-link power and battery pawer at the same time instantly Kills the ST-Link.

I also removed the breadboard. Using small 26g silicone covered wire works better.
The flexible wire and heat tolerating silicone wire is easier to solder up and is less likely to damage the SWD and SWC pads.

If I left any references to breadboards or using the 3.3 or 5v out on the ST-link then please let me know so I can fix them.
It will probably take awhile before I can update the video the reflect this change.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 08-19-2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #154

Quote:
yea the led does that every time, its normal. I think its hooked up to a debug pin or something. Because its not programed to light up, at least not on purpose. Try powering on the radio after you plug the battery in. There is some kind of intermittent arming issue in some of the builds. But if you hear the start chime the next step is arming. Some times its just trim, some times its turn on the transmitter after the car, I never have arming issues with my Arduino PWM servo tester. but i do with my Spektrum tx/rx, most of the quad copter people never have the issue. The full flashes are the best bet, because they have the EEPROM populated. if you load the bootloader separate from the firmware then you need to load or save EEPROM defaults in the configurator through a flight controller. I dont have much time to respond here because I'm in the last week of may BSN program and the stress is hitting me pretty hard.

The best place to get help is in the AM32 slack chat https://am32-invite.herokuapp.com/

I have no idea id the V2 is compatible with this firmware or not, I dont have one. I mean I sure it could be if it has a STM32F051 processor, but I dont know the Pinout.
Do you happen to know what it is with the Spektrum setups that makes them grumpy. With the DSM2 sr3100 RX i cant get an arm without adjusting the trim pretty far. Flashed probably 2 dozen or so now all being used fine across many brand radios even other Spektrums. Something with the 3100 specifically for me causes issues.
Muffin Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:54 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

I kinda know, and it's complicated.
Newer versions of the Firmware don't have the arming issue at all.
If you have trouble arming on 1.74 it's probably your trim settings.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #156

Sorry for asking a noob question, I've been reading through this thread and trying to discern what esc I can use that is also available and in stock in the UK. The only one I think I can get is the IFlight SucceX 50A but from what I can tell there can be problems using this esc?

Also, I see a gentleman from Spain used an ESC without changing to the AM32 firmware and just changing the settings in BLheli. Is it possible to do this with the IFlight ESC?
Dave_Pinnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Pinnock View Post
Sorry for asking a noob question, I've been reading through this thread and trying to discern what esc I can use that is also available and in stock in the UK. The only one I think I can get is the IFlight SucceX 50A but from what I can tell there can be problems using this esc?

Also, I see a gentleman from Spain used an ESC without changing to the AM32 firmware and just changing the settings in BLheli. Is it possible to do this with the IFlight ESC?
Here is a target list of compatible escs to start investigating. https://github.com/AlkaMotors/AM32-M...orted-Hardware

I have flashed several wraith32 esc's and I have nuked a couple by over motoring them. Currently Im working through trying out an iflight 80a esc with a Holmes 2500kv 10pole stubby (the same motor that incinerated the last wraith32)

The github is super informative and the slack community is oh so helpful in troubleshooting or in general better understanding what your tinkering with.
gvngoheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvngoheavy View Post
Here is a target list of compatible escs to start investigating. https://github.com/AlkaMotors/AM32-M...orted-Hardware

I have flashed several wraith32 esc's and I have nuked a couple by over motoring them. Currently Im working through trying out an iflight 80a esc with a Holmes 2500kv 10pole stubby (the same motor that incinerated the last wraith32)

The github is super informative and the slack community is oh so helpful in troubleshooting or in general better understanding what your tinkering with.
Yeah I've checked the list and the IFlight Succexx ESC is on it however I have seen a few people in this thread having issues with it
Dave_Pinnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Yes if you have a way to conect it to your pc to adjust the settings you can run it with blheli.

The startup is not as low with blheli as with am32.

Also check out the APD quad esc's they look thicker and would probably handle the heat better. Especially that 120a one it has giant mosfets. But you can't currently lod am32 on them.

This is a $12 esc running blheli32 firmware, all blheli esc's can do this.
https://youtu.be/zLdP6-4fasw

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 09-05-2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:59 AM   #160
Rock Crawler

Quote:
https://youtu.be/zLdP6-4fasw

They can do much better than this
Set up the blheli32 to rampup power 130,low rpm PP off, sine modulation on, motor timing 22degrees and pmw on auto and you will see how slow and silent that thing will go ! It depends on the motor though....I wouldnt recommend a kv higher than 2500 on 3s lipo. And you have to put some capacitators on the main power connection. In the UK you can easily get a flycolor x 50amp or a turnigy multistar 51A.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...2-6s-opto.html

Good set up read ---------> https://oscarliang.com/blheli-32-esc-fc-passthrough/
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Silent outrunner and ESC for less then $60 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get a Silent ESC for outrunner motors Voodoobrew Electronics 5 11-17-2020 01:25 PM
Waterproof Sensorless ESC able to handle 4S for Outrunner Stray Electronics 10 10-27-2018 04:51 PM
Brushed esc with silent mode? moondaddy Electronics 9 10-03-2016 06:10 PM