Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Team Brood Racing 5-Slot and 3-Slot Sealed Can Motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2021, 12:15 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Team Brood Racing 5-Slot and 3-Slot Sealed Can Motors

[bitterness]
But then again, judging from the forum posts and social media...
People would all rather just ask, like its never been answered before "What's the best motor for my car, and no I won't tell you how I'm going to drive it, that's personal."
Never a mention gearing or battery or...
Man that gets old...
[/bitterness]
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
What the web nerds don't understand is most of your sales are probably from people who search for "brood rc motors" or "team brood..." IMO Your sales world probably be better served with better descriptions then SEO optimized bull.

If people search for best crawler motor, or most anything else not directly looking for you, you probably wont be making a sale from them, because all those searches go to ...

Holy shit I just googled "best crawler motor" and it went to HH, I completely expected it to go to one of those bullshit top 10 websites that never have good intent or information and calls them "Climbing car" with some kid pretending to stand on it. ( that wasn't meant to be a cheap shot I was really sincerely surprised)
what do I know..

I did a lot of research about brushed motors for crawlers, for a consumer. pro's and cons of high and low turn motors, what it takes to get more torque, lower initial startup speed, armature sizes, beveled magnets...but each one of those has pro's and con's some complement each other better then others. Admitidly I don't know why I would want 4vs2 magnets or a diffrent can thickness other then weight. but I I still feel lost and cant make a decision when I look at your page.

You know what I think ( add that to try and not sound demanding) would help, and yes it's time consuming, You remember buying transformers when you were a kid. They came with that clear red plastic. and on the package was a chart that when you put on the red glasses you could see the stats of the transformer you purchased. I mean you don't need to require us to wear red glasses but I'm totally down if you do.

Just change the stats to power, punch, smoothness, battery life, torque, speed, etc...
I can imagine anyone who wouldn't love to have it simplified so much. And the numbers just need to be suggestive, compared to your other motors, on a scale of 1 to 10, maybe 11 for a team motor...
I feel there are a lot of people willing to pay big money for a good brushed motor, but they really dont know that they are looking at, or why one motor is better then another. Make it easy for us dumb dumbs.
The SEO stuff is weird.....you have to compete with words you can win on and hope those are used in the search.....its a really a science on how it all works.

When I simplified the site, I took a lot of those options off basically every type of motor. I did make an ultimate of some motors (conflux, stubby, etc) which you can still choose said options like magnets and can thickness, etc. Each and every one of those options is a button......click on it, it explains options and what they do.... They don't exist on the basic versions as they are not an option anymore, as per listening to customers questions, I made basic versions that people could just order without having to make a bunch of decisions on options. I however kept an ultimate version of some motors for the guys who wanted to take the time and build a fancy motor.

Button examples on a Conflux Ultimate

Magnets

Choose the magnet that gives the performance characteristics you want. Magnet mods are available for each magnet that allows you to fine tune the magnet to your needs.

More powerful magnets will increase torque, drag brake and efficiency, but will limit RPM and startup smoothness. Quad magnets have smoother startup, more RPM, and more power, while Dual magnets will have more torque, efficiency, and brake.

Can Thickness

Choose from different can thicknesses that will determine the weight along with determining performance traits of the motor.

The thicker the can the more torque, drag brake, and efficiency it will have.

Thinner cans produce more power, rpm and have a smoother startup, while weighing less.

Even if you got to the basic motors now....say like the Conflux TS-2 and Conflux TS-4.....same motor in all parts except the magnets, but it explains the differences in a quad vs dual magnet setup. Still working on a few of them to clean up these differences as I get time and realize I suck at writing product descriptions, especially ones that work with SEO stuff.

And yes, I remember buying Transformers..........take a peek at some of the names of the motors on the site. (including one of the motors this thread is about!) I literally would not be alive anymore if it was not for my Laserbeak.......(long story), I even have a Soundwave with Laserbeak tattoo on my back in honor of likely being the only 9 year old in the world who would be dead if its wasn't for my Laserbeak. :P

That being said, I have a chart I have been working on for a bit like you suggest. Problem is, I tried to add every motor to it and it simply does not work really, so I have been working on a reformatted version that rates the motors against others in the same series of motors (example, all the Riot motors are together, so each is rated 1-10 on stuff like torque, rpm, etc). Really the only way I could make it work without making some motors look terrible compared to others rating wise.

So in the end, I am working on it......but still basically a one man show with not enough time in the day.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Hey I appreciate the explanation of your different motors, that does help me understand.

Last week I was looking through your motor offerings hoping I'd find 1 page with everything so I could compare and better understand them but I found them scattered throughout a bunch of different sections. I thought having one single section with all of the "crawlerish" motors might be nice, then within their description you can indicate which are better suited for scalers, U4 or G6 competition ETC. Just a though.

I think I'd like to try out one of the skewed armatures next.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 01-12-2021 at 08:19 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:35 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I think what I call crawlers he has as scaleres, and his crawler motors are more pro comp stuff. But they are catacorized.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
I think what I call crawlers he has as scaleres, and his crawler motors are more pro comp stuff. But they are catacorized.

They are seperated into different types of uses on the brushed side, Crawlers (I apply these to the comp crawler type trucks), Scalers (pretty much anything crawler based thats not a comp style crawler), u4, etc. I am likely going to move away to this sorting system once I have the guides done.........assuming people actually read the guides. People really just wanna click buy without much research though....... it's more normal for "oh, 35t for a scale truck...buy it" than it is for questions and the like on motors.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3-slot, 5-slot, brood, electronics, motor, team brood

Team Brood Racing 5-Slot and 3-Slot Sealed Can Motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 Slot vs 5 Slot Garden Testing. Hardcoretam Videos! 0 04-08-2020 11:46 AM
Yeah Racing "just climb" 5 slot brushed motors TheLetterJ Electronics 7 02-19-2020 03:22 PM
3 Slot & 5 Slot Honchos Take On Mud, Water & Rocks Hardcoretam Videos! 2 08-20-2019 03:34 AM