Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PM Set up for Dual ESC & MOA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #21

Default Re: 4PM Set up for Dual ESC & MOA

On the 3 Pic you posted I not able to change DT3 to 100. On the first Pic it does show 100 for me and not sure if it has to do with the same.

Thanks you.
3Gunner70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I'll pull my radio out tonight and see what I can find.

Edit: Are your mix mode and trim setting changed to "ON" like in the first picture?

Last edited by nathanotis; 01-13-2022 at 11:50 AM.
nathanotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:02 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunner70 View Post
On the 3 Pic you posted I not able to change DT3 to 100. On the first Pic it does show 100 for me and not sure if it has to do with the same.

Thanks you.
I broke out my radio tonight and went through the settings. Aside from the things that I detailed in post number 13, all settings are stock. If it's not working for you, I'm not sure how to help.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanotis View Post
Awesome screen name, Jim. I assume you compete?

It's been a while since I got this sorted out, and I've slept since then. I was pretty religious about resetting everything to stock each time I jumped in with a new idea. I wanted to be certain I knew what was fixing my issues and exactly which settings were making the changes I wanted. So I don't think there were "pre-settings" that I didn't detail here.

I'm confident that, if you follow the steps here, it'll get you *somewhere*. It worked very well with my Holmes Hobbies electronics. In the end, it's all about understanding the manual (which you should download right now!) and finding the settings you need to alter.

Enjoy the journey,
n.
Yes I still compete as a hobby. Got bit by the RC bug as well.

One thing I noticed in your 2nd screen is that I had to go to DT2 changing to ESC-MD and DT3 to TH-TRM. This finally allowed me on the 3rd screen Trim Dial #2 to change DT3 to 100.

Now to download the manual as suggested.
Harley's videos do not match the menus as they have drastically changed on the 4PM, there is one that gets close that he did on the 4PL.

Thank you fellows for all the advise, I'll have to play with this further. I called Futuba and none of there techs had experience with dual ESCs. Looks like a job opening for someone.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:17 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunner70 View Post
Yes I still compete as a hobby. Got bit by the RC bug as well.
Expensive hobbies, brother. (Aren't they all?)

Quote:
One thing I noticed in your 2nd screen is that I had to go to DT2 changing to ESC-MD and DT3 to TH-TRM. This finally allowed me on the 3rd screen Trim Dial #2 to change DT3 to 100.
Glad you got it sorted. I love the configurability of these radios. You can completely customize the controls to be where YOU want them. Play with all the options til it works like YOUR brain thinks it should.

Quote:
Now to download the manual as suggested.
This was the key to my success. There's SO MUCH MORE in the full manual than in the short one the controller ships with, it's not even funny.

Quote:
Harley's videos do not match the menus as they have drastically changed on the 4PM, there is one that gets close that he did on the 4PL.
This was my frustration as well... I watched that video several times and kicked myself for not being able to make my 4PM work. Little did I know, Futaba likes to move menus around like an angry restaurant hostess.

Quote:
Thank you fellows for all the advise, I'll have to play with this further.
You are quite welcome. I'm glad that my struggle is, ultimately, of use to others. Just remember that this is all supposed to be fun, so definitely keep playing with it!

n.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:28 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I haven’t actually utilize this thread yet but I’m super stoked to have found it. When I originally built my XR 10 I bought a 4PK to use with it and I absolutely hate the radio. It’s so big and clunky in my hands I just can’t stand using it. I actually had a friend of mine help me program it because I had no clue how to set up the dual ESC/MOA when I built it and it’s been a while since I’ve really used it. I literally have it as the only radio for that crawler while everything else is on my spektrum radio. But now I’m looking to get into drift cars as well and they recommend a Futaba radio so I’m probably going to get a 4PM and sell the 4PK. And my first thought is how the hell do I program it for my crawler? So I’m hoping this thread will help me when I get to that point. Just wanted to say thanks for posting your solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:11 AM   #27

I have a T4Pm with MOA. When you get to that point as you say and have the radio. Message me and I'll try and help you.

4PM Set up for Dual ESC & MOA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Dual MOA ESC Zaint Electronics 7 08-04-2014 12:43 PM
Dual ESC Losi MOA xgerstandtx Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 08-01-2011 07:55 AM
My LCC MOA - Dual ESC, BL 17.5T, Dual 3S axelram Team Losi Comp Crawler 47 06-26-2010 02:00 AM
Dual ESC for MOA xirtic Electronics 39 02-06-2009 06:36 PM