Notices

Thread: New Holmes Hobbies ESC spotted: Crawlmaster Mini V1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Holmes Hobbies ESC spotted: Crawlmaster Mini V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
So what is the procedure for updating the ESC?

Lou

This is all I've seen on the subject:
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

I thought I saw something about using an Arduino or ad drone flight control as a pass through, the firmware is on the Holmes site... But, yeah, this is all I know as well...

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

well....----> Silent outrunner and ESC for less then $60

Its in the second post of voodoo...sorry

Last edited by themountain; 10-04-2021 at 05:44 AM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:01 AM   #84
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Nope, that step is to remove the write protect on the original BLHeli_32 and put the AM32 in

Instead, go to the second post by Voodobrew and go to the AM32 config tool section. For the config tool, you should use the one in the Holmes zip that you dowload from holmes website (it looks the same though), the folder named ESC_Config_Tool_1_68_Win. When you run the exe file it actually says ver 1.70 Holmes Crawling Edition.
Follow the steps described by voodobrew's post to connect, and then go to "Flash" tab to flash the new firmware.
I have succesfullly update my fw to v1.1 by using the arduino nano with the steps described above, but I still cant upgrade to the v1.2 (the process completed but my esc failed to start up, so I wnt back to v1.1)
Yudi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:42 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yudi13 View Post
Nope, that step is to remove the write protect on the original BLHeli_32 and put the AM32 in
you are right ...shared the wrong post from Voodoo...sorry about that.

Last edited by themountain; 10-04-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

So I’ve ordered the Serial programmer from Holmes. If all goes to plan, my C2 rig will soon be 4s powered with the 1800kv snubnose…

Lou
Old 10-04-2021, 08:40 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So I’ve ordered the Serial programmer from Holmes. If all goes to plan, my C2 rig will soon be 4s powered with the 1800kv snubnose…

Lou

Hang on with the 4S, JRH has said no 4S until the V2 firmware is out. I think its only on V1.1
Old 10-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Hang on with the 4S, JRH has said no 4S until the V2 firmware is out. I think its only on V1.1
With the new firmware V1.2 its ok
Old 10-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #89

Quote:

Instead, go to the second post by Voodobrew and go to the AM32 config tool section. For the config tool, you should use the one in the Holmes zip that you dowload from holmes website (it looks the same though), the folder named ESC_Config_Tool_1_68_Win. When you run the exe file it actually says ver 1.70 Holmes Crawling Edition.

Follow the steps described by voodobrew's post to connect, and then go to "Flash" tab to flash the new firmware.

I have succesfullly update my fw to v1.1 by using the arduino nano with the steps described above, but I still cant upgrade to the v1.2 (the process completed but my esc failed to start up, so I wnt back to v1.1)
I have a Crawlmaster Mini but also tried to make my own out of an Airbot Wraith32 V2 ESC (per Voodoobrew's thread and Alka's tutorial). I'm getting stuck at the part where I program it via ST-Link because it won't let me update the firmware of the Link. I've tried the Utility Tool as well as the STM32 Cube software. Do you think it's just a bad ST-Link?

I'm willing to buy another ST-Link if I'll be able to flash the Holmes firmware onto my Airbot Wraith32 V2 ESC. This is the first I've heard of that compatibility. Can you confirm that? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
alexrex20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:17 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
With the new firmware V1.2 its ok
Where did you find that? only V1.1 is up on their site
Old 10-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrex20 View Post
I have a Crawlmaster Mini but also tried to make my own out of an Airbot Wraith32 V2 ESC (per Voodoobrew's thread and Alka's tutorial). I'm getting stuck at the part where I program it via ST-Link because it won't let me update the firmware of the Link. I've tried the Utility Tool as well as the STM32 Cube software. Do you think it's just a bad ST-Link?

I'm willing to buy another ST-Link if I'll be able to flash the Holmes firmware onto my Airbot Wraith32 V2 ESC. This is the first I've heard of that compatibility. Can you confirm that? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think it would get better respons if you post this in the voodoobrew's thread. I don't know for sure, it could be the problem with your ST-Link. But I don't think you can flash Holmes firmware to your Wraith32. It's different hardware.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #92
Rock Stacker

And I never say that the Holmes firmware is compatible with any other esc, it is the config tool that's similar, Holmes use the AM32 config tool as the base of his config tool.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

I thought I saw on IG that the 1.2 would allow 4s so we’ll see…

Lou
Old 10-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I thought I saw on IG that the 1.2 would allow 4s so we’ll see…

Lou

Thanks

In one of his live streams he mentioned once V2 is out 4S would be fine but maybe he had meant V1.2? or I might have misheard him.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:31 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks

In one of his live streams he mentioned once V2 is out 4S would be fine but maybe he had meant V1.2? or I might have misheard him.
It's the 1.2 that should be able to support 4s on the higher kv motors, it's available at Holmes website in a zip file named Holmes Program Suite (there are 2 fw file inside, Crawlmaster v1 temp fix 1_1 .bin and Crawlmaster V1 4s lipo fix 1_2.bin). But unfortunately for me, try as I might (I even have download the file twice to ensure that there is not an issue with the files downloaded), the 1.2 is not working on my esc, so I rollback to firmware 1.1 which working fine, but not recommended for 4s for motors over 1400kv.

Last edited by Yudi13; 10-04-2021 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding more information
Old 10-05-2021, 02:12 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
But I don't think you can flash Holmes firmware to your Wraith32. It's different hardware.
Exactly
Old 10-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Just curious if there's any ETA on when these will be back in stock? And is there any way of getting a non RTR version? Thinking about running two w/ one battery connector for a MOA setup.
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
Just curious if there's any ETA on when these will be back in stock? And is there any way of getting a non RTR version? Thinking about running two w/ one battery connector for a MOA setup.
You can sign up to be notified when they're in stock, though with products like these that are in high demand that email will come too late. Checking facebook is probably the best method, he's been calling out what days they'll re-stock some of these newer items.

I think the Non RTR version got pulled from their site shortly after the RTR version came out.

You could email them to see if they'll do a few of the non RTR's for you. They might even assemble a dual setup. If its feasible and they have inventory thats unassembled they'll probably help you out.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 10-06-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:20 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You can sign up to be notified when they're in stock, though with products like these that are in high demand that email will come too late. Checking facebook is probably the best method, he's been calling out what days they'll re-stock some of these newer items.

I think the Non RTR version got pulled from their site shortly after the RTR version came out.

You could email them to see if they'll do a few of the non RTR's for you. They might even assemble a dual setup. If its feasible and they have inventory thats unassembled they'll probably help you out.
Thanks! I did sign up for the email notification, but my experience is the same as yours - it's usually sold out by the time I get the email so I figured I'd ask if here as well.

I'll send them a message about a dual setup. As much as I don't mind soldering I think they'd still do a better job!
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:20 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

Update on 1.2. I finally got the 1.2 works. Turns out the settings on my esc is way off after flashing the 1.2 and I don't know why. After Holmes posted the latest video with the settings explained, I adjust my settings according to the video, and now it works.

New Holmes Hobbies ESC spotted: Crawlmaster Mini V1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies Br-mini esc in a scale rig ? tapped-out Axial SCX10 II 4 03-05-2018 11:03 PM
holmes hobbies dual mini esc calibration J21 Newbie General 8 08-22-2017 04:58 AM