Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: burned it down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #1

Default burned it down

ive had the scx24 deadbolt for several months and ive ran it here and there. well, after a few weight additions and the very moment i swapped to a savox servo i lost my leds, then 2 runs later my motor dies. i tested the motor and indeed it was dead, and when i went to plug my battery back into the esc i had reversed my connections. POP.
so heres where im at...... ive ordered the furitek lizard/bluetooth, but since the stock rx is also kaput and unavailable ANYWHERE im wondering what the compatibility of my radio transmitter is. i have a leftover flysky fsIA6 from a quadcopter build and im wondering if i will be able to bind to this.
What rx has been used with this axial radio tx? what are you guys running after doing these esc/motor swaps.
J'scrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: burned it down

The stock receiver in the 2-in-1 electronics won't bind to any other transmitters, but you can plug an aftermarket ESC into the channel 2 pins that act as an ESC bypass. You'd basically be treating the 2-in-1 as a traditional receiver. This works even with a burned ESC, so long as the servo part works

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by spoo76; 05-22-2021 at 01:06 AM.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'scrawler View Post
ive had the scx24 deadbolt for several months and ive ran it here and there. well, after a few weight additions and the very moment i swapped to a savox servo i lost my leds, then 2 runs later my motor dies. i tested the motor and indeed it was dead, and when i went to plug my battery back into the esc i had reversed my connections. POP.

so heres where im at...... ive ordered the furitek lizard/bluetooth, but since the stock rx is also kaput and unavailable ANYWHERE im wondering what the compatibility of my radio transmitter is. i have a leftover flysky fsIA6 from a quadcopter build and im wondering if i will be able to bind to this.

What rx has been used with this axial radio tx? what are you guys running after doing these esc/motor swaps.
Furitek tegu, surpass 1400kv outrunner, emax servo, and a FS-A3 Rx, paired on the 5th memory slot in my Fs-Gt5 Tx. I have ZERO complaint, bang for buck??

Current pic, but i AM AWARE that the CG is sky+high due to the stack'o'lectronics! Lol! Been pondering a better setup without having to scrap my Bow house LCG conversion kit.

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:47 PM   #4

thats a nice setup.
For me though, ive destroyed my 2in1 so im trying to figure out what i can bind with my stock radio transmitter/controller. ive got the 050 barrage motor on its way, as well as the furitek lizard. i really didnt want this thing to be a $200 rig but without the availability of another AE-6 2in1 i decided to go with the lizard. it does have nice features.
has anybody used another receiver with the stock transmitter?? thats what im really after here. its a 2.4ghz and so is the flysky FSIA6 that i have.......
Old 05-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
Furitek tegu, surpass 1400kv outrunner, emax servo, and a FS-A3 Rx, paired on the 5th memory slot in my Fs-Gt5 Tx. I have ZERO complaint, bang for buck??

Current pic, but i AM AWARE that the CG is sky+high due to the stack'o'lectronics! Lol! Been pondering a better setup without having to scrap my Bow house LCG conversion kit.

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
i just noticed you paired flysky rx and tx.... i actually use a flysky tx for my quadcopter. i like the trigger and wheel type tx for the ground vehicles but i might see if that works for me if i cant use the stock axial tx(AX-4) with the FSIA6.

nah im not going to use that transmitter with my crawler. quadcopters and crawlers are too different animals.

Last edited by J'scrawler; 05-21-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #6

interesting discovery.......the rx works and so do the leds all of the sudden. i have steering and light but no motor. i think i will ride that out in the mean time, but that 050 motor is definatley going in and so is that furitek lizard. ill have to figure out what future rx/tx combo i might want. my losi 22s uses the spectrum so maybe i can buy a 3 channel rx and run that combo in the scx24. I'll have to "bind" each time i use one or the other but oh well.
only time will tell.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:14 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If you are looking for a cheap TX/RX combo, look at the Turbo Racing P32. $26.00 from Asiatees, and $28.00 from Amazon. I have 2 of them on my Atlas and RGT and have not had any problems with them.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:00 PM   #8

im just updating. so my esc is in fact fried and i ended up getting a furitek lizard, its really nice. the bluetooth isnt quite necessary but allows you to set your throttle points and a couple other tweaks. my tx/rx still work so im still running all that. my motor burned up too so it now has an RGT 050. pretty nice motor, it seems just as fast but in a high torque spot i think the motor shaft spins inside the plastic pinion. it sometimes just locks up but i can hear something going......
Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Kevin talbot likes the dumbo rc one i think thats pretty cheap. Any pwn 1000-2000us should be fine. Quadcopters use crazy stuff like dshot that may not be compatible. Personaly i use spektrum. But its expensive.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

burned it down - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Burned out bec?’s redneckracerx Electronics 18 03-29-2018 05:24 AM
Motor Burned Out jray Newbie General 3 01-15-2012 02:54 PM
Got Burned On ebay WestTxRc Chit Chat 27 12-19-2011 05:42 AM
Esc burned rapttor Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 19 10-21-2011 12:30 PM
Anyone else get Burned Out once in a while? Krakker Chit Chat 35 03-25-2011 09:13 AM