Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery Tech, kinda outta touch and need a little schooling, I guess.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Battery Tech, kinda outta touch and need a little schooling, I guess.

Ok, think I’m a bit out of touch on batteries, I need to replace LiPos as I’ve managed to kill the ones I have and have looked at the Graphine batteries, but somebody from the LHS I’ve been going to said there was better out than the Graphine, which last I heard, were the new big thing. Not sure if I’ll be using them for any crawlers since I’m mainly looking to power my VXL powered Stampede and 4-Tec 2.0, Sidewinder SCT/3800 Bandit, and eventually my M-03 that I’m planning on getting another one of those Sidewinder combos for and my two Wheely Kings, both stock chassis, but one being a trail rig and the other being a 4WS MT. My other Tamiya’s may remain NiMH right now and I may be going back to 8.4v on my SCX10 built from an AX10 Scorpion.

Is there something new in the horizon that I may want to look into?!

Last edited by BJoe; 09-19-2021 at 01:32 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2021, 06:44 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Battery Tech, kinda outta touch and need a little schooling, I guess.

LiPo is the big thing now for batteries. Voltages are in easy 3.7v steps and they supply monster current with high energy density and long run times.

I never did see graphene on the market for the basher world.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Battery Tech, kinda outta touch and need a little schooling, I guess.

There are graphene batteries out there (e.g. Hobbyking's top line). Just get something from a reputable manufacturer, at least 5000ish mAh with a 30C or more discharge rate and you're set. I always buy Hobbyking's mid-range batteries, but I'm in Europe so it's the cheapest source of decent packs for me.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I run graphene packs in my drag cars.. I don't know if they hold up better under load or not, I just have no way of measuring, but they feel the same behind the trigger as my standard packs. I run regular Turnigy cells for most everything now and they do great.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Battery Tech, kinda outta touch and need a little schooling, I guess. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery info. (kinda long) xjnation Electronics 19 07-21-2020 05:55 PM
Your battery of choice for tech crawling? Chief64 Newbie General 28 05-19-2016 12:13 AM
esc & motor, tech question, kinda stoneface Electronics 1 08-28-2010 07:03 AM