Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help getting a spectrum remote/receiver to work with an MMP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2022, 07:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Need help getting a spectrum remote/receiver to work with an MMP

I gave my brother one of my Castle Mamba Max Pros and a spare remote I got from an RTR truck (ryft). I gifted him a TRX4 unassembled kit with these electronics.

He has everything plugged in correctly, as far as we can tell. The remote is bound with the reciever, and the steering servo works correctly.

However, the ESC will not calibrate with the remote for throttle control. The remote is a DX3 "Smart". The reciever is an SR6100AT. I have had him try disabling the "brake rate" as well as try it in different positions. I also had him confirm that the throttle limit was set to 100%.

Is this transmitter just not compatible, or is there something we are doing wrong? Thanks!
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2022, 10:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help getting a spectrum remote/receiver to work with an MMP

What motor is he using? Brushed or, brushless? Try plugging the servo into the second channel and see if it works there. Only black and red wires used for brushed motors. https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net...95-0290-00.pdf
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:32 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome987 View Post
I gave my brother one of my Castle Mamba Max Pros and a spare remote I got from an RTR truck (ryft). I gifted him a TRX4 unassembled kit with these electronics.

He has everything plugged in correctly, as far as we can tell. The remote is bound with the reciever, and the steering servo works correctly.

However, the ESC will not calibrate with the remote for throttle control. The remote is a DX3 "Smart". The reciever is an SR6100AT. I have had him try disabling the "brake rate" as well as try it in different positions. I also had him confirm that the throttle limit was set to 100%.

Is this transmitter just not compatible, or is there something we are doing wrong? Thanks!
From memory, I had to reverse my throttle on the transmitter to get Castle ESC's to calibrate, but I think it might only be Futaba trans/receivers that need that, but could be worth a try?
OutLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

what you got a mmp to work there so old the ones i have gave up long long ago
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:35 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
What motor is he using? Brushed or, brushless? Try plugging the servo into the second channel and see if it works there. Only black and red wires used for brushed motors. https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net...95-0290-00.pdf
He is running a sensored brushless motor.

I did have him try reversing the throttle on the remote, but it made no difference.

I had 2 MMPs, and both were waterproofed with RTV. Both are still working surprisingly!
MrAwesome987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help getting a spectrum remote/receiver to work with an MMP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warn wireless remote and receiver don't work Derek108 Axial SCX-10 2 11-05-2014 01:59 PM
Will the Losi Spectrum radio/receiver work with the Honcho? TACORICAN Axial SCX-10 7 01-19-2010 09:46 AM