Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: NSDRC RS500B High Performing Budget Servo any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2022, 06:12 AM   #1

Question NSDRC RS500B High Performing Budget Servo any good?

Anybody have experience with the NSDRC RS500B High Performing Budget Servo? How has it held up with use and how is it if it's ran through the occasional puddle?

I used the search function and found mention of NSDRC servos but not this specific one. Thinking of picking 2 of them up for my TRX-4 Sport and Capra
DaddyFatSack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2022, 07:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NSDRC RS500B High Performing Budget Servo any good?

IMO, it's the best servo out there for running 4S. Five hundred ounces for 60 bucks? Yes please. If you're only planning on 3S, I'd recommend the AGFRC SA75CVSW. Direct power for 3S only, almost 600 ounces from that one, about 75 bucks.

I have zero complaints about either, but can't speak to waterproofing on the NSDRC. It's in my "Tranquish" build (TRX-4 axles under a VS4-10 chassis) and the other 3 servos are absolutely not waterproof. That rig is dry days only.

NSDRC does say, "Water resistant, 7 point O-ring seals, full conformal coated internals. Still not recommended to Submarine... " So if you're planning on putting it in the dunk tank, look for something with "WP" on the end, or that explicitly states waterproof.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I see lots running the NSDRC Servos. Most running the big boys.
For 58.00 the RS500 looks decent, Direct power but can goto rx with adapter that I think is included.

For the money, 500.oz/in is a fair deal.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post
IMO, it's the best servo out there for running 4S. Five hundred ounces for 60 bucks? Yes please. If you're only planning on 3S, I'd recommend the AGFRC SA75CVSW. Direct power for 3S only, almost 600 ounces from that one, about 75 bucks.

I have zero complaints about either, but can't speak to waterproofing on the NSDRC. It's in my "Tranquish" build (TRX-4 axles under a VS4-10 chassis) and the other 3 servos are absolutely not waterproof. That rig is dry days only.

NSDRC does say, "Water resistant, 7 point O-ring seals, full conformal coated internals. Still not recommended to Submarine... " So if you're planning on putting it in the dunk tank, look for something with "WP" on the end, or that explicitly states waterproof.
How long you been running the NSDRC servo? Think it'll hold up on a 2.2 rig driven by an 8 year old on 4s?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It will be fine in a 2.2 rig on 4s. Might snap a ear off if its in a stupid hard bind. Id get a rs700 if your afraid to snap a ear off. Plus 900oz to boot on 4s.

All i run is nsdrc. I used to run only savox 2290’s with a bec but since ditched bec servos because less wiring.

Currently i have 5 rs800v2’s with no problems. Picked up a rs700 to try in a pro rig because its a lo pro. I recommend running xt30’s on the direct power servos no matter the brand. Less connector issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:49 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Id get a rs700
That's my new favorite servo. I've got two so far, and will eventually switch over to low profile servos completely. I don't see any reason to have a stronger servo than that. I have the new holmes 500lp also, which isn't quite as strong or budget friendly, but saves weight and real estate just the same (and I got it before the rs700 was released). My RS1 is totally overkill and I've already sold my Protek black label servos. If you don't care about size/weight/appearance, I wouldn't hesitate on the RS500.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Just thought I'd "chime in", even though I haven't actually run any NSDRC servos yet. There was a time I used nothing but Hitec, which came to be because of helicopters. I tried a Savox a few years ago, and immediately hated them (WAY to noisy). Then, I started switching to nothing but ProTek & EcoPower (both Amain brands...and, honestly, between the two, I prefer ProTek). Having gotten into boats a couple years ago, I started running Power HD & Power Hobby, both of which are quite affordable, and haven't had any problems.

However, over the past year, a lot of people have been talking about the NSDRC servos, and how good/powerful they are. They're not priced as low as Power HD & Power Hobby, but they are priced lower than ProTek. So...in building my VS4-10 Phoenix, I decided it was time to give NSDRCa shot. I ordered (and received two days ago) an RS800 to handle steering, and two RS100s to operate the DIG & OD. Based on the results countless others have had with the NSDRC servos, I'm confident I'll be happy...and, it they turn out as "great" as others have indicated, moving forward, I could see the majority (potentially all) of new servo purchases being NSDRC.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I'll also add that NSDRC's customer service is outstanding. I accidentally yanked a wire on one of my micro dig servos and asked on Facebook if it was fixable. The owner, Mark Superior, said he'd fix it if I mailed it in. I mailed it and made another order the same day, with a note to hold the order and mail it all together when the servo was fixed. I got my fixed servo back with my order exactly 1 week later. Unbelievable.
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote

NSDRC RS500B High Performing Budget Servo any good? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NSDRC servo Frank211 Electronics 4 12-12-2021 05:43 PM
Whats a good budget servo choice? big_poppa49 Axial SCX-10 25 11-22-2015 05:44 PM
What is a good budget servo? Benjamin Axial SCX-10 3 01-23-2013 09:58 PM
Smallest, good performing 1.9s? Oso787 Tires and Wheels 16 05-19-2011 09:57 AM