Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: anyone using the Dynamite Passport P2 charger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2022, 01:55 AM   #1

Default anyone using the Dynamite Passport P2 charger?

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a 2 (or more?) channel AC/DC charger with at least 100W capacity.

I like everything I've seen so far about the Dynamite Passport Ultra P2 (https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../DYNC3016.html) and I've heard a lot of people say that they value the support and customer service from Horizon Hobby, so I'm leaning that direction. I'm also vaguely considering the P4 (more for the extra wattage than the extra channels) but I don't think I want to pay the difference.

I have two questions about the P2:
1) It has a talking feature, where you get voice commands and guidance from the machine, telling you what to do. I really, really do NOT want that! Mostly because it would annoy me, but also because I often charge batteries while my wife is trying to sleep. Can the sound be muted? I've tried reading the manual, watching YouTube reviews, etc. and can't find any info on this.

2) For anyone who has used one of these, any complaints, concerns, or regrets? Anything that would make me reconsider and pick something else?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
ebeowulf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2022, 05:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: anyone using the Dynamite Passport P2 charger?

Don't have the Dynamite P2...but, I do have the Hitec X2 AC Black Edition. All the P2 is USA rebadged X2 AC. Honestly, I don't use it anymore, as it is now my "backup" charger, replaced by an iCharger 406 Duo. I can say, the Hitec/Dynamite is a great charger.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

at that price it better charge more than rc car batterys
dose it have its own battery bank to charge off of cause that would be worth it or solor pannels so i could charge my house batterys to
i payed $20 each for my chargers if i need to charge 2 batterys at the same time i use 2 chargers thats just way to much for a battery charger
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Don't have the Dynamite P2...but, I do have the Hitec X2 AC Black Edition. All the P2 is USA rebadged X2 AC. Honestly, I don't use it anymore, as it is now my "backup" charger, replaced by an iCharger 406 Duo. I can say, the Hitec/Dynamite is a great charger.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Thanks for the insights. Does your X2 also have that same voice guidance feature? If so, is there a way to turn it off?

If I can't disable/mute the talking, that might be a deal-breaker for me, but I'm otherwise pretty sold on this charger.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Honestly, it's been so long since I've used it, I can't remember whether, or not, it has a 'voice' (tho, I'm thinking of does). As for how...or, even if...it can be disabled, that I do not know.

Old 04-26-2022, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Honestly, it's been so long since I've used it, I can't remember whether, or not, it has a 'voice' (tho, I'm thinking of does). As for how...or, even if...it can be disabled, that I do not know.

UPDATE: I feel dumb now for pestering everyone on the forums with my "can I turn the voice off" questions. I just found the answer in the manual available on Horizon's website. The voice feature and the beeps can be turned on or off independently of each other.

I tried scanning through the manual online a few days ago and must've been skimming a little too fast and just overlooked it. When I went back to it today it was right there, plain as day.

I think I'm gonna go for it and get the P2! Thanks again for the feedback. Cheers!
Old 04-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

No worries...ya didn't "pester". We're all here to help each other...and, you're not the only one to have 'missed' something in a manual.

Tags
charger, dynamite, passport ultra p2

anyone using the Dynamite Passport P2 charger? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamite Passport Charger Trouble bmock50 Electronics 0 10-18-2011 02:47 PM