Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba x. User error or lack of understanding?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2022, 12:15 PM   #1

Default Mamba x. User error or lack of understanding?

I recently got a mamba X and castle motor combo along with the B link to program the ESC.
I can’t figure why I either have full brake or what it feels like no brakes at all.
For what i’ve read the brake amount is a percentage of the strongest brake setting. What setting are they referring to on the application? Drag brake is only applied when the trigger is in neutral and drag break ramp is the percentage at which the drag brake is apply.
That being said, I’ve tried setting the brake amount from 10% to 90% with different drag brake ramp settings and i can’t see a difference within 10 to 90 the car rolls. With 100% brake amount and drag ramp disabled the rig locks the brakes as soon as i start to let go on the throttle, no in between.
Can anyone shed some light please???
Here are the screenshots of my last attempt.
Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alxe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2022, 12:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Mamba x. User error or lack of understanding?

I'm not exactly sure what you need beyond understanding how to adjust the drag brake, am I missing something?

Leave brake set at 100% (you almost never use brakes on a crawler) and adjust the drag brake value. (brakes are a racing thing not a crawler thing BTW)

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-23-2022 at 12:34 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #3

I get that but…
The system it’s in an axial bomber. I’d like to go trailing and go fast from time to time so I don’t want full brakes when doing that.
In short what I’m hoping is to have crawler mode via aux wire on channel 3 (that is working alright) and basher on demand.
When bashing I don’t need full brakes but I don’t want it rolling loose when I release the throttle all the way either.
I just can’t see any difference at all between 10 to 90 % and it’s likely an overnight on the way I’m setting the esc. Otherwise what is the point of displaying options from 10 to 90%

Old 05-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

You have drag brake 100% on and ramp on instantaneous. You need to change that. The other brake setting has nothing to do with you brakes if you have it set for crawler reverse.

You can plug that white cable into another channel and you get set a second brake, you also have to activate the aux wire.

When you change that channel you change your brake. You can have two different brake settings.

Last edited by MOguy; 05-23-2022 at 02:32 PM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxe24 View Post
I get that but…
The system it’s in an axial bomber. I’d like to go trailing and go fast from time to time so I don’t want full brakes when doing that.
In short what I’m hoping is to have crawler mode via aux wire on channel 3 (that is working alright) and basher on demand.
When bashing I don’t need full brakes but I don’t want it rolling loose when I release the throttle all the way either.
I just can’t see any difference at all between 10 to 90 % and it’s likely an overnight on the way I’m setting the esc. Otherwise what is the point of displaying options from 10 to 90%

Okay that makes a big difference, when using the rock racer mode you cant use crawler reverse you actually have to set the reverse mode to the Forward to brake to reverse (I forget if thats the actual name for it or not but its not crawler reverse and its not the no reverse option)

Then you need to decide if you'll use 3 position (3 modes) or 2 position (2 modes), set the AUX channel you plugged into to a 2 or 3 position switch. Then your sub trim becomes the drag brake value for the middle position and the end points become your 1st and last positions, I think 2 position just uses the end points.

What ever value you set the drag brake to becomes the crossover point, above this value you have a drag brake and instant reverse, below it you get no drag brake and delayed reverse (brakes first).

For much, much more on how to set this up check here: Mamba Firmware V2.02

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-23-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:49 AM   #6

MOguy and HumboldtEF. Thanks a million for your replies. Both of you were on point. I got the answer I was looking for and today I had a blast with the car. May be a little too much fun. Rolled the rig more time than I liked cracked the body in a corner and busted the proline light bar corner bracket. I hope I can find another one.
I need to pinion that thing down. Way too much motor for that car.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:22 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxe24 View Post
MOguy and HumboldtEF. Thanks a million for your replies. Both of you were on point. I got the answer I was looking for and today I had a blast with the car. May be a little too much fun. Rolled the rig more time than I liked cracked the body in a corner and busted the proline light bar corner bracket. I hope I can find another one.
I need to pinion that thing down. Way too much motor for that car.
If you are running more as a basher you may not want to run the drag brake (or adjust the ramp low). I have an old Wraith 2.2 that I run with a Trailmaster 3300, the MambaX and 4s. With the drag brake up and at speed if I come down wrong (esp if it is on just one front tire) things brake. If you are really moving and have the brake come on fast you will break things.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:10 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

He's already running no drag brake in the rock racer mode I believe.

Glad you got that worked out Alxe24 I know every time I set this up I need to review some of the steps agian.

Mamba x. User error or lack of understanding? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help with an understanding of ......... hardknox Newbie General 23 03-14-2012 11:31 AM
Mamba max flash error bjornsson Electronics 5 06-09-2009 04:40 AM
Help understanding ctoms Comments, Suggestions, and Help 16 09-26-2008 09:53 AM
mamba 25 user manual yukon635 Electronics 2 03-28-2008 05:30 AM
understanding batteries Bknight Newbie General 2 05-21-2006 11:38 PM