Radiolink Cool 9030

90 Ampere (100 Peak)

BEC 3 A 5.5/7.5 V

Waterproof

Input: 6 - 18 V (2 - 4s LiPo!)

LV Protection 2s, 3s, 4s

380 - 570 Motor

BUT:
PWM frequency 2 kHz - not adjustable? This means, the new Radiolink ESC is probably very noisy :-(

Settings are not changed by BT and app (I really do NOT like this in my Furitek ESCs and ISDT ESC 70s), not by program card (as in HW 1080, Carisma, ...), but by jumpers directly on the ESC.
This is quite new (to me), setting so many settings by jumpers, maybe quite interesting:

My main concern: 2 kHz PWM, not changeable... I hate noisy ESCs.
Some more adjustments (e.g. dragbrake force) would be nice...
However:
It is simple, many people do not like tons of possible adjustments, they only wanna drive.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Radiolink Cool 9030: New budget brushed Crawler ESC, 90 A, 2-4s LiPo

Nice find!

And with a quick search, I spotted this on Amazon (both USA and Canada - for our many Canadian members) at a great price as well.

Might need to try one out...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:31 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Radiolink Cool 9030: New budget brushed Crawler ESC, 90 A, 2-4s LiPo

I just received mine today, hopefully I will not procrastinate and will have it up and running by sometime this weekend.

It arrived with an operators manual and the 4 jumpers needed to run it on Crawler mode with a 7.5v BEC output, in a simple Mylar Zip-lock bag.

I'm not very educated regarding PWM frequency so I'll just cut and paste some stuff from their manual:

"Signal input

The signal input (the throttle signal input) of this brushed DC ESC can only identify the PWM signal output by a single channel of the receiver. The signal with multiple channel codes (such as PPM signals, S.BUS signals, etc.) cannot be recognized. At the same time, the characteristics of the PWM signal need to meet the parameter characteristics in the table below to ensure that the ESC system is stably controlled by the control signal. The parameter characteristic table of the PWM signal is as follows:

(See image added at the bottom of the page)

Note: The PWM signal delay parameters in the above table are used to measure the fault tolerance range of the ESC system for sudden signal interruption (loss). The specific value refers to the period from the interruption (loss) of the PWM signal to the recovery of signal.

This ESC system not only has basic control functions, but also has a response function to abnormal state of the control input signal. Regarding the abnormal state of control input signal, there are the following two situations:

No signal input: When the ESC is connected to the power supply, if the throttle input signal is not detected by ESC or the throttle signal delay time exceeds the PWM signal delay parameter, the system will identify the ESC as no signal input state, and the current abnormal state will be prompted by the flashing status light and the motor beeping at the same time.
Abnormal Signal input: when the ESC is connected to the power supply, if the throttle input signal is not within the midpoint range (The factory default setting of midpoint is 1500 us, and the midpoint range is within plus or minus 50 us of the midpoint value, which is 1450 us to 1550 us. When the throttle is calibrated, the calibration result shall prevail), the system will identify the ESC as abnormal signal input state, and the current abnormal state will be prompted by the flashing status light and the motor beeping at the same time.

Note: When the signal is in an abnormal state, set the throttle input signal back to the midpoint range to remove the fault prompt."
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Radiolink Cool 9030: New budget brushed Crawler ESC, 90 A, 2-4s LiPo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This might be the BEST BUDGET brushed ESC out there DavidRCBasher Electronics 23 12-18-2020 10:40 PM
Budget brushed ESC with Drag brake Deerhurst Electronics 21 10-14-2012 07:27 PM
need esc that will do 3s lipo and maybe brushless/brushed ae racer Electronics 12 06-05-2009 10:16 AM
11.1v LiPo with brushed ESC--new info--in--> jnaarnold Electronics 4 10-28-2008 04:29 AM
LiPo with brushed ESC, what do I need?? jnaarnold Electronics 8 10-20-2008 10:03 AM