Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo battery charger recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo battery charger recommendations

Just picked up a couple used gens ace 2s and 3s batteries. Looking for a decent charger that can charge dual batts, balance the cells and one in a reasonable price range.

Lmk you're recommendations & experiences.
thanks
spiderxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2022, 11:17 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Lipo battery charger recommendations

Hi-Tec X2 AC charger. Good price, lots of features and does more than I need it to.

I've been running mine for about 7 years, with zero problems yet.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:57 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I don't have the Hitec X2 charger but it was highly recommended to me when I was looking for a dual charger some years ago. Figured it might be worth mentioning here.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 06:25 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i max b6.cheap and charge just about any battery alive
there only single chargers though but there so cheap you could get 2 for half the price of one of those fancy units
i have 2 1 for the car and one for the house but if i need too i can charge 2 batts ether from the car or the house
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i max b6.cheap and charge just about any battery alive
there only single chargers though but there so cheap you could get 2 for half the price of one of those fancy units
i have 2 1 for the car and one for the house but if i need too i can charge 2 batts ether from the car or the house
Same one I have.. You might have recommended it to me. I love mine and it charges everything I've got from tiny 2S to my large cap 3S batteries, no issues. Great charger.

EDIT> Just saw the HiTec is $130. Two iMAX B6 chargers are about $60 ea so the HiTec isn't all that much more.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Same one I have.. You might have recommended it to me. I love mine and it charges everything I've got from tiny 2S to my large cap 3S batteries, no issues. Great charger.

EDIT> Just saw the HiTec is $130. Two iMAX B6 chargers are about $60 ea so the HiTec isn't all that much more.
lol right on

i dont know were your looking for them at but im seeing them as low as $25

this one is $32 and comes with the ac adaptor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17538396064...mis&media=COPY
Old 11-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I got this one. Compact with a big color screen that's super convenient and easy to use. AC/DC, so you can charge smaller batteries from big ones if you're out camping or whatever. Took like 3 weeks to get it from china, but it was worth it. You can find it locally at a higher price. You can also wirelessly charge your phone by setting it on top. I use that feature more than I use it for charging batteries... haha. If you decide to go that route, make sure you specify the US plug... it appears the link automatically goes to the European one.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

Last edited by DRED805; 11-26-2022 at 01:49 PM.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I too have an Imax b3. Does HV too. Got a 4 way splitter and charge 4 4sHV at once (,small ones, 1600mah).
I also have a quad charger. I recommend getting the biggest baddest one you can afford.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Much thanks fellas. Ive been asking around on some other sites and the Hitec seems to be very popular. Good to know. I definitely have to check this one out more.

Its this charger correct? Hitec X2 AC Plus Black Edition

Ive done some researching last night and found a few of them as well. Ayone know how good these are?

Skyrc t200 I like the feature of being able to charge diffferent size batteries at the same time. Im not sure if the others can do that?

Venom Pro Duo Says Airsoft, Drone Not sure for vehicles?

ISDT D2 Mark 2

Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro

Wanted to get an interface like the ISDT or Hobbymate but was looking for the best bang for the buck as well especially with cable connectors. Its not a deal breaker though. Just seems easier to read.

How do any of these I found stack up to the Hitec X2?

Also found a discharger unit, SKYRC BD250 that some people out there recommend but wasnt sure if the chargers discharge capabilities are good enough for discharging them?

Last edited by spiderxx; 11-26-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx View Post
Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro

Same thing as the link I supplied, but the straight from china version is "Hota D6 Pro". Highly recommend.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
Same thing as the link I supplied, but the straight from china version is "Hota D6 Pro". Highly recommend.

Much thanks I was just doing a review on that one and was wondering the HOTA vs Hobbymate differences. I appreciate the knowledge.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:11 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
lol right on

i dont know were your looking for them at but im seeing them as low as $25

this one is $32 and comes with the ac adaptor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17538396064...mis&media=COPY
Ah.. gotcha. This V2 is the one I was referring to but yeah that other one is dirt cheap.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:17 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Ah.. gotcha. This V2 is the one I was referring to but yeah that other one is dirt cheap.

i dident even know they came out with a v2

i wonder what it doses that the other 2 versions dident
Old 11-26-2022, 09:48 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
i dident even know they came out with a v2
Quote:

i wonder what it doses that the other 2 versions dident

If it had about two more features I would have replaced my wife with it.

They say:

"SKYRC B6AC V2 is the upgraded version for well-known iMAX B6AC. Compared with iMAX B6AC, it is more accurate and stable and also has some new features and functions. Users could set the terminal voltage by themselves and connect it to PC for PC control and firmware upgrade. What's more, users could also use it as Lithium Battery Meter and Battery Internal Resistance Meter. There are Automatic Charging Current Limit, Capacity Limit, Temperature Threshold and Processing Time Limit which makes the charger safer than V1. SKYRC B6AC V2 is a high-performance, micro processor control charge/discharge station with battery management suitable for use with all current battery types, with integral equalizer for six-cell Lithium- Polymer (LiPo), Lithium High Voltage,Lithium iron phosphate(LiFe) and Lithium-Ion (LiIon) batteries; maximum 6A charge current and maximum 50W charge power."rge
) batteries; maximum 6A charge current and maximum 50W charge power."
Old 11-26-2022, 10:15 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
I have the Hota D6+ too as well as an IMAX B6v2. Both have worked really well but the Hota has a lot more capabilities and capacity. Depends on what you foresee needing. It is 300W off AC and 650W off DC. I think the IMAX is 60W IIRC. If you only run 1/10 scale crawlers it might be fine, but if you think you'll run 1/6 scale crawlers, bashers, 6S+ anything, planes, quads.... I'd just get the Hota now.

I went out today with 5 - 5200mAh 3S batteries for trailing my SCX6 and my Vanquish Phoenix on my backpack, and I only needed to run one batch on the charger < 45min@1C. It is nice to have the IMAX around too though so I can pop a 2S for my radio or FPV goggles if I need to while the big batteries are on the Hota.

Also nice features like today I got home with 2 of those 3S packs around 12V and one down at 10.6v. So I put the 2 high charged ones on a balance board and used them as DC input to the charger. Set the min input voltage to my storage voltage of 11.5V (so it only draws down that far and turns off). Then used them to charge the low one back up to (almost) storage voltage. Depending how anal you are with batteries, discharging big batteries can be a pain in the butt if you can't strap it into a car for some reason.

It's a much nicer unit overall too with options and the general interface. But the IMAX is definitely a good charger too, and not something you'll ever regret having around if you upgrade later.

Last edited by chilly; 11-26-2022 at 10:17 PM.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

If you do go with the IMAX, I remember when I bought mine maybe 7 years ago, counterfeit ones were a big problem for them. There was a way you could verify - I can't recall how - maybe a sticker or serial number lookup... not a big deal. But something to consider looking into if you're finding unusually low prices on ebay.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

There are some YouTube videos on spotting fakes - real ones have a hologram sticker underneath...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Amazon has a BF deal on the ISDT D2 Mark 2. I haven't used it specifically but sounds like a hell of a charger for $95 not shipped from China and seems to be fairly well regarded. Doesn't have DC input, but is 200W for each of 2 channels... pros and cons.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WVVZ5D...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Another for the Hitec X2
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:05 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly View Post
Amazon has a BF deal on the ISDT D2 Mark 2. I haven't used it specifically but sounds like a hell of a charger for $95 not shipped from China and seems to be fairly well regarded. Doesn't have DC input, but is 200W for each of 2 channels... pros and cons.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WVVZ5D...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I was eyeballing & researching this one over the weekend as well. I came across it after checking out the ISDT fd200 discharger unit. The price is nice but I didnt jump on it since Im not a prime member of amazon.

I came across the spektrum smart chargers. The s2200 and the s2100 look interesting.

I was wondering if it was necessary to use the spektrum xbc100 balancer with a smart charger? I also wondered if a stand alone discharger was needed as well. It looks like all of that is built into the s2200 unit.

Just exploring what else is out there.

Lipo battery charger recommendations - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery/Charger recommendations seanmnew Electronics 5 02-08-2014 10:15 AM
Lipo Charger/ Battery Recommendations BMFOTP Electronics 21 05-14-2009 05:27 PM
Lipo Battery/ Charger Recommendations BMFOTP Electronics 6 05-09-2009 08:32 AM
7.4v lipo battery recommendations anyone? Illeagle Electronics 9 11-18-2008 11:25 PM