Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2022, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System

Platform is a TRX4 Sport. New motor and ESC is the Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System 2300. Problem I知 having is this thing is touchy! I can barely crawl anymore. It痴 more of a basher and I hate it. Not what I was expecting.

Is there anything with the program card that can help me slow this thing down and not make it so touchy.

If not I知 gonna go back to stock. Was having great fun and was told this was a good upgrade. I知 not seeing it.

I run Traxxas 3s batteries only.

Any help would be appreciated!
BigMike330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2022, 08:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike330 View Post
Platform is a TRX4 Sport. New motor and ESC is the Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System 2300. Problem I知 having is this thing is touchy! I can barely crawl anymore. It痴 more of a basher and I hate it. Not what I was expecting.

Is there anything with the program card that can help me slow this thing down and not make it so touchy.

If not I知 gonna go back to stock. Was having great fun and was told this was a good upgrade. I知 not seeing it.

First off, did you calibrate the radio to the Esc after install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Did you get a programming card? The fusion pro doesn't include one like everything else they make. They just include the sticker that tells you what each setting does.

Secondly take it out of second gear lol (joking).

Make sure you calibrated for first time set up.

Use programming card to adjust "punch" to calm down initial throttle response.

Go smaller pinion on the motor.

Fusion pro is a nice upgrade but it gives you wheel speed, have to tune it to get low speed control which only takes a couple minutes, even better if you have a good transmitter and not the stock one which I don't think has expo or something similar on it which can be adjusted so you're first half of throttle pull is very slowly increasing speed, second half ramps up quickly to full throttle.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 08:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Did you get a programming card? The fusion pro doesn't include one like everything else they make. They just include the sticker that tells you what each setting does.

Secondly take it out of second gear lol (joking).

Make sure you calibrated for first time set up.

Use programming card to adjust "punch" to calm down initial throttle response.

Go smaller pinion on the motor.

Fusion pro is a nice upgrade but it gives you wheel speed, have to tune it to get low speed control which only takes a couple minutes, even better if you have a good transmitter and not the stock one which I don't think has expo or something similar on it which can be adjusted so you're first half of throttle pull is very slowly increasing speed, second half ramps up quickly to full throttle.

Adjusting the punch helped a lot!!! I知 gonna be down at the viper rc tomorrow I値l get a smaller pinion on the motor.

What痴 a good transmitter? I知 never gonna run a winch or 4ws but maybe a dig in the future.

Thank you for helping me.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
First off, did you calibrate the radio to the Esc after install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed this but yes, the neutral, forward and reverse. Then with the program card change rotation so it was corrected!
Old 12-11-2022, 08:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

You say you're never going to...

How long have you been in this hobby? I'm guessing not long lol. Never say never.

That said, I have a dx5 rugged. It's decent, lots of settings and as durable as stated.

If I had to do it again, which I'm going to get one here soon now anyway because a bunch of rigs on one transmitter has its perks but actually can be a pain in the a$$ too. So by popular demand by a lot of guys I run with, flysky gt5. Ya more channels than you need right now but you'll have more if you want. It's cheap, reliable and I know a ton of guys that use them. Has all the main settings we need like expo as well.

Old 12-11-2022, 09:11 PM   #7

Quote:
You say you're never going to...

How long have you been in this hobby? I'm guessing not long lol. Never say never.

That said, I have a dx5 rugged. It's decent, lots of settings and as durable as stated.

If I had to do it again, which I'm going to get one here soon now anyway because a bunch of rigs on one transmitter has its perks but actually can be a pain in the a$$ too. So by popular demand by a lot of guys I run with, flysky gt5. Ya more channels than you need right now but you'll have more if you want. It's cheap, reliable and I know a ton of guys that use them. Has all the main settings we need like expo as well.

A little over a year. That damn scx24 got me into this mess now I have the trx4 sport and a Redcat gen8 v2 (said I壇 only have 1 crawler 😂).

I値l check that transmitter out now. Maybe the hobby shop will have it, if not I値l get it online.

Thanks again!
Old 12-11-2022, 09:29 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
A little over a year. That damn scx24 got me into this mess now I have the trx4 sport and a Redcat gen8 v2 (said I壇 only have 1 crawler ).

I値l check that transmitter out now. Maybe the hobby shop will have it, if not I値l get it online.

Thanks again!
Hobbyshops don't carry it (they rarely carry off brands ) easiest place to get is amazon.

And I know the feeling. My wife got me a Knightrunner last Christmas cause I wanted it so I could make it match my 1:1 '21 tacoma.

That pic is 3 weeks ago now. Just added the 1/18 easyrc Patriot better known as Toyota LC80 this last week cause of a cyber Monday deal. Wife got me either a vanquish or trx4 builders kit for Xmas, know in a couple weeks lol.

Also discovered 3d printing in the last year.

This hobby gets a good mix going on. Some build just to see how much performance than can get and compete, some build all for scale, most tend to be a mix somewhere in between. I lean more scale, but who doesn't like performance!!!

Old 12-11-2022, 10:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Hobbyshops don't carry it (they rarely carry off brands ) easiest place to get is amazon.

And I know the feeling. My wife got me a Knightrunner last Christmas cause I wanted it so I could make it match my 1:1 '21 tacoma.

That pic is 3 weeks ago now. Just added the 1/18 easyrc Patriot better known as Toyota LC80 this last week cause of a cyber Monday deal. Wife got me either a vanquish or trx4 builders kit for Xmas, know in a couple weeks lol.

Also discovered 3d printing in the last year.

This hobby gets a good mix going on. Some build just to see how much performance than can get and compete, some build all for scale, most tend to be a mix somewhere in between. I lean more scale, but who doesn't like performance!!!

That is an absolute sick set up! I never understood the scale thing till I got my Redcat. Now I get it. Once I figure out how to upload pics I値l show my trucks!
Old 12-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Adjusting the punch helped a lot!!! I知 gonna be down at the viper rc tomorrow I値l get a smaller pinion on the motor.

What痴 a good transmitter? I知 never gonna run a winch or 4ws but maybe a dig in the future.

Thank you for helping me.
Radiolink RC4GSv3. its about 65.
OR
Dumbo RC (made by Radiolink just more basic radio) 4chnl setup is about 40.00
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
OR
I did order the flysky radio that ^ recommended but I値l watch the review and check these out too. I appreciate your input!

I did change out the motor gear and the trans gear today after I popped in the hobby shop (well they did it not me) but it definitely slowed it down.

New remote will be in tomorrow and hoping after playing with it a bit I値l be dialed in and ready.

Thursday I知 headed up to Mt Lemmon for the maiden voyage of the refresh!
Old 12-12-2022, 09:55 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post

OR

I was curious about those. I know a ton of people on the flysky though so hard to ignore what so many run with. Since I haven't ordered anything I'll have to check into that one too just in case

Old 12-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
I was curious about those. I know a ton of people on the flysky though so hard to ignore what so many run with. Since I haven't ordered anything I'll have to check into that one too just in case

many reviews on youboob of them. I have the v2 RC6GS and I say its the best 500.00 radio I ever bought and it comes in an 80.00 box.

The v3s are about 5.00 more.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:05 PM   #14

Quote:

Well today was the maiden voyage my first time in snow like powder all over was wild.

That controller is the shit. Got me dialed in! Tomorrow I知 headed to the rock garden for more fun!

Thanks again!

This is also my first rc paint job. 1 can of lame flake, 4 coats of fluorescent pink and it痴 backed by white.

Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion Pro FOC 2-in-1 ESC & Motor System - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion Pro 2300kv 2-n-1 cogging? Goro Majima Electronics 4 11-21-2022 11:39 PM
New Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion 2-1 FOC Brushless motor/ESC Combo for Rock Crawling soze Electronics 42 11-19-2021 04:05 PM
Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion FOC? derekmac Axial SCX10 III 6 12-04-2020 06:48 AM
IN STOCK Hobbywing XeRun AXE ESC FOC System Combo w/ AXE540 Motor 1800kv RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-25-2018 10:54 AM