Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX5 trim sound at full lock - TRX-4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2022, 06:11 AM   #1

Default Spektrum DX5 trim sound at full lock - TRX-4

Hi guys.

When I get toward full left and right steering lock on my DX5-Pro the radio emits the trim sound in a constant tone, almost like it’s telling me there is a problem, but functionally I don’t see a problem with the steering. I turned the sound off in the sound settings but I don’t really consider that a proper solution.

Any ideas?
GBNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Spektrum DX5 trim sound at full lock - TRX-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBNova View Post
Hi guys.

When I get toward full left and right steering lock on my DX5-Pro the radio emits the trim sound in a constant tone, almost like it’s telling me there is a problem, but functionally I don’t see a problem with the steering. I turned the sound off in the sound settings but I don’t really consider that a proper solution.

Any ideas?
That’s an interesting one for sure. Mine does not do that. Question, does it emit the sound at full lock with other models? If not, it might be some setting you inadvertently set up for that specific model.
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 09:23 AM   #3

Thanks. It’s the only rig with that 5 channel Spektrum receiver. I have a 3 channel in another rig where it doesn’t do it, although I’m only using 2 channels in it.

The 5 channel is in my 2021 Bronco with 2 speeds and locking diffs, so lots going on. One other anomaly is that when I assign the locking servos to switch C and D, and control the one servo on switch C, the steering servo moves. When I control the servo on switch D my throttle moves. The locking servos are on AUX2 and AUX3, so I don’t understand why those 2 channels are creating interference on the steering and throttle channels. It almost seems like the receiver might be defective.

I’ll be getting another 5 channel for another project and will try it to see if the same behaviour persists. BTW I am using a Fusion 2300KV.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBNova View Post
One other anomaly is that when I assign the locking servos to switch C and D, and control the one servo on switch C, the steering servo moves. When I control the servo on switch D my throttle moves. The locking servos are on AUX2 and AUX3, so I don’t understand why those 2 channels are creating interference on the steering and throttle channels. It almost seems like the receiver might be defective.
On spektrum radios they always assign throttle and steering trim to buttons A and B i believe. You may have changed that to C and D possibly.
I dont have my radio in front of me but to change this you go to the trim assign section and from there you can switch which buttons are the throttle and steering trim.

Really they should just allow us to disable trim if we dont want them becuase its just wasting 2 buttons that could be useful.

As for the original question I dont really know whats going on but it sounds like it could be related to the trim buttons which will make the radio beep when used.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-13-2022 at 10:53 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 02:38 PM   #5

Thanks I’ll check that out.

Spektrum DX5 trim sound at full lock - TRX-4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clicking sound in transmission when steering at full lock atf300 Axial Wraith 7 10-21-2013 04:27 AM
Anyone get full lock to lock steering with stock radio? XDR Axial Wraith 5 10-12-2011 08:25 AM
Spektrum DX5 Kanine38 Electronics 1 09-07-2010 05:12 AM