Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Throttle Curve? Mamba Max?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Throttle Curve? Mamba Max?

Where is a good place to start when setting your throttle curve with a Mamba Max? Also looking at the Brake Curve aswell. mainly what I'm trying to fix is. With my XL-5 ESC I had an 0% throttle delay. It seems with the MM when I pull back on the throttle it's a little slow to move. Like it has to think before it moves. I forgot to mention I was running Lathe motors.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 03-05-2007 at 05:55 PM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I made the throttle curve on mine kind of flat at first and then ramped it up.By doing this it gives you alittle forgiveness in the sticks and at least for the first half of the travel.
The brake curve when the esc is set up to go straight from foward to reverse works as a reverse curve.I set my reverse curve the same as my fronts.
The best way to set every thing up and run it around the house and if you dont like it change it and try it again.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser
I made the throttle curve on mine kind of flat at first and then ramped it up.By doing this it gives you alittle forgiveness in the sticks and at least for the first half of the travel.
The brake curve when the esc is set up to go straight from foward to reverse works as a reverse curve.I set my reverse curve the same as my fronts.
The best way to set every thing up and run it around the house and if you dont like it change it and try it again.
I'll try that. I have been screwing with it for about an 1hr. There is just so many setting and changes that can be done. It's going to take me some time to figure out what is best for mine. I just need some ideas of where everyone has there's set.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I know if you will turn the punch control to 20 or 30% in makes it alot smother.
I would start with the drag brake @100%,punch control @30% .
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Punch control only slows how fast the ESC reacts to your finger. If run2 thinks it reacts slow already, he should take it off!

I keep my throttle and brake curves linear. It allows me to learn how each motor acts without muddling with the feel. It also allows me to compare different radios.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
Punch control only slows how fast the ESC reacts to your finger. If run2 thinks it reacts slow already, he should take it off!

I keep my throttle and brake curves linear. It allows me to learn how each motor acts without muddling with the feel. It also allows me to compare different radios.
So if the punch control is set high it will slow the reaction down?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
So if the punch control is set high it will slow the reaction down?
Yes.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I think mines set high. I was thinking "Punch" as in Power. Like the saying "punch the gas". I'm not sure if thats what I did. I'm going to bed now. I'll check it in the morning. Peace. John and Joe. If you don't mind. Check this thread tomrrow for me. I'll post up if I have it fixed or not. Thanks again guys.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

For some reason i totaly missed the fact that you said it was slow to react.
And yes the higher you set the punch control the softer the reactin of the truck is to the sticks.
When i set mine up the first time with 7 cells and the punch control at 0% i was to punchy on the sticks and it was hard for me to take it easy in the technical stuff so i started dialing punch out and flating out the throttle curve to almost give a dead spot in the stick.
Let us know what you got figured out.If nothing else if some one can tell me how to send you the program i saved for mine you can try it out.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Not that anyone cares but here is how i look at the mamba max esc.
I like to compare it to my digital MSD ingnition in my drag car.My msd box has timing control.I can plot a timing curve so i can get my small tired big horse power car down the track.If the track is slick i will hit the tires with vrey little timing and then bring the timing in as i go down track.Being able to do ths is why all small tire and especially drag radial racing is as fast as it is.
By using the throttle curve and punch control in the mamba max it kind of does the same thing.I know there is a ton of people who would say you should be able to control the throttle and the punch yourself.But why not turn the punch down alittle and play with the throttle curve to give yourself a little leway on the sticks and keep the tires planted to the rocks and out of the gates.
At least this works for me i finished second in the last SERCRC comp with my setup.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Yep it was all Punch Control. I had it set on 100%. Now I have 0% Punch Control. The way I want it. The DUD it helps break the front tires loose for Burns.