Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: my first battery charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default my first battery charger

I'm in the market for a battery charger, however I don't know much about chargers yet so I was helping that you guys could shed some light on them. I;m on a smaller budget so i can't blow a ton of money on a charge but i want one that will work for what i need. I need a charger that can charge my 7.2V pack and my 4.8V rx pack. I would prefer one that has a discharger and a quicker charge rate cause i don't want to wait 4-5 hours to drive my truck. if you guys could shed some light on this it would be great.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

power of the search bar http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...searchid=15796
as for my personal preference i use integy 16x2 pro and a 16x7 pro.along with some older out of date (non mhn)chargers such as tekin and victor engineering.neither no longer available but are great chargers.stay away from the super brain 959,it's a hit or miss charger.my case miss.worste charger i ever bought.actually the only bad one
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

One thing I've learned in electric RC is that a GOOD charger and GOOD batteries are worth their weight in gold. You might be on a tight budget but if you buy a cheap charger that works half ass,you'll soon wanna buy another or a better one. Seems like buying the first cheapie would be a waste of cash. They will make all the difference in the world. You will get more power and longer run times with a better charger and cheap batteries than you would with better batteries and a cheap charger. I bought a cheap charger and 3300 matched packs and would get about 12 to 15 minutes run time,that sucked. I then bought a good charger and got 20 to 23 minutes run time with alot more power.

Im using an Integy 16x4. I love it,it gives great charges,it can discharge,it can charge the smaller rec. packs and also cycle the packs to erase memory. Theres probly better ones out now but this one works great. I'd highly recommend it.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I really agree with you raptor .... that's why last month I smashed my piggy (very big fat one) and got the Futaba CDR-5000. http://www.futabarc.com/batteries/futm4170.html
This thing is all you need to get your cells up the maximum.
Only one thing it missed out is this CDR-5000 can't charge the Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery packs. ****
RockDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

dynamite peak chargers have always worked well for me and they are only 40$ the 959 that i got works very well i am lucky
chafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

OMG rockdragon i checked out the charger you got. man you should have sent some of that money my way.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb

Yeah! wheeler ... I was kind of crazy to buy it. It took me for whole month thinking of buying or not. But now I am very satisfied and not feel sorry at all of smashing my fat piggy.
I had a few dead cells in my junkbox. They were not be able to charge with my INDI 16X5v6. You know what ... they came back alive and well after I put them couple times on cycle mode with the CDR-5000.
I know this charger really make a big hole to my wallet. But it is a real piece of equipment that satisfied my need because I've been very frustrated with my electronic not functioning well.

And I'd like to say one more thing seriously ..... IT'S NOT A TOY ....
RockDragon is offline   Reply With Quote