Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: newb Q. of running reciever packs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default newb Q. of running reciever packs

I'd like to run a reciever pack on my crawler to enhance steering power/run times. Can someone give me an over view how it's to be setup. I'm using hs 5645 servo/jr radio/intellispeed w/rev. esc.
heeper40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeper40 View Post
I'd like to run a reciever pack on my crawler to enhance steering power/run times. Can someone give me an over view how it's to be setup. I'm using hs 5645 servo/jr radio/intellispeed w/rev. esc.
I know it's a trend, and I know Im jumping on the boat, but if you look up, there is a search arrow, I just saw that thread like two days ago
Nlee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I run 1 55t lathe, and a JR 8611a wich is a 333oz/in servo. I only use a standard stick pack at 3300mah and get over an hour of run time.

Forgot to add I run a JR radio and reciever.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlee111 View Post
I know it's a trend, and I know Im jumping on the boat, but if you look up, there is a search arrow, I just saw that thread like two days ago

stupid me, but I've tried the search feature but can't find an actual thread with some kind of solid info of reciever pack setup/example diagrams.
heeper40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

If you care about the BEC on your ESC,unplug the red wire from the reciever plug. Then plug the reciever pack into the reciever pack port on the reciever when you get ready to run.

If you don't care about the BEC on your ESC,just plug the reciever pack in and go.

Not pulling the red wire will burn the BEC outta the ESC but won't,or shouldn't,hurt anything else.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeper40 View Post
stupid me, but I've tried the search feature but can't find an actual thread with some kind of solid info of reciever pack setup/example diagrams.

Let me look around and I'll try and find it. I think it's broken down by johnholmes...
Old 04-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

It should be on here somewhere... I know I've posted a few times info and a pic of what to do for runnin' an RX pack...

Pull the red wire out from the ESC's RX plug so's not to cook the ESC's BEC... Lift the lil tab on the RX plug to just pull the whole thing out... You can just cut it off but that makes it really hard to program the ESC again if you need to... Other than that, that's about all ya need to do to get ready to use an RX pack... Aside from getting the RX pack itself...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

This is one thread I remember that has a pic of a rx plug showing the wire removed, and I think a drawing of the circuit:moped and reciver pack
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
If you care about the BEC on your ESC,unplug the red wire from the reciever plug. Then plug the reciever pack into the reciever pack port on the reciever when you get ready to run.

If you don't care about the BEC on your ESC,just plug the receiver pack in and go.

Not pulling the red wire will burn the BEC outta the ESC but won't shouldn't hurt anything else.

Lets just say that quite possibly I did burn it out. Would it cause the rig to stutter and not accelerate correctly? :-(
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Lets just say that quite possibly I did burn it out. Would it cause the rig to stutter and not accelerate correctly? :-(

Setup overview?