Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 80t single turn lathe motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 80t single turn lathe motor

I was going to buy a couple of these and was wondering if anyone has tried them before and with what results.
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Where are they? I'd say they're worth a looksee at the very least!
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

yea u got a link to these motors?
GReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default links

This is a link to their site:

http://www.fantomracing.com/

No pic is available.

This is a response to an e-mail I sent:

"Our 5v lathe motor is basically a stock 27 turn armature in a modified can. Our 12v lathe motor is an 80 turn hand wound modified motor."

Last edited by a_vdk; 03-16-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You'd have to run 12v to it. thats a lot of weight.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb

Wooooow!!!!!!!!! I checked out the price from one of the dealers.
It's not a common effortable price for a 12V lathe motor ... more than double the cost of the Integy one. And also NO STOCK!

This is the text from the web site ....

12 Volt Lathe Motor

This is a high quality set-up with the motor using the same can as we have used in our Factory Modified motors, w/ bearing and ultra smooth operation, and is set to run correctly with a 12 volt power supply.

RockDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default cost

I am not to concerned with cost. I am looking for the best competition s/u.

The need to run 12v was mentioned and was wondering why? Can a 11.1v lipo work?

I run the stick and I hope the issue with lipo's will be figured out. Maybe I can run a ten 1800mah 4/5a batt. pack which is 12v. Would the benefit of an 80t motor out weigh the weight disadvantage?

What are the advantages and disadvantages when comparing a 12v 55t motor to an 12v 80t motor?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb

Well .. as the manufacture did mention that it is set to run correctly with a 12 volt power supply ...
I think that because this motor is specially designed to go with their Factory Lathe machine. Their engineers have done all the calulations for building this motor that at 12v of power, what RPM the motor will give out as to spin the comm which needs to be perfectly cut. And the motor should not consume high current from the power source, in other meaning is the motor should run at cool temperature for a long period of time.
... that 12 volt of power requirement is what the manufacture suggests to get the best out of their products as to cut the comm. I'd bet that this motor will be running fine even as low as 4 cells but the RPM will be too low to do anything. At 6 cells should not be any problem and it should give out similar touque with the Integy one.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDragon
Well .. as the manufacture did mention that it is set to run correctly with a 12 volt power supply ...
I think that because this motor is specially designed to go with their Factory Lathe machine. Their engineers have done all the calulations for building this motor that at 12v of power, what RPM the motor will give out as to spin the comm which needs to be perfectly cut. And the motor should not consume high current from the power source, in other meaning is the motor should run at cool temperature for a long period of time.
... that 12 volt of power requirement is what the manufacture suggests to get the best out of their products as to cut the comm. I'd bet that this motor will be running fine even as low as 4 cells but the RPM will be too low to do anything. At 6 cells should not be any problem and it should give out similar touque with the Integy one.
Thanks RockDragon. I have some of the TeamAtlas 12v 55t lathe motors and was wondering how you like them in your crawler. I do not have any Integy motors to compare them with. They appear to do well for me.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:00 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb

Well .. VDK , I already have 3 of team atlas 12v lathe motor and I did some testing comparision before in one of your threads .... http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...8684#post58684
I believe this team atlas 12V motor is 60 turn as I pulled it apart before and saw the printed mark on the armature as 60t.

You and I are in the same boat as we've never had any luck to put hand on the Integy Lathe motor. But at this moment I am runing my 60 turn that rewound my old modified motor. It gives a little more kick, probably because its modified motor can. But It also take a little more current power than the team atlas lathe one.

Here is a pic of it. The left armature is the one I wound single 60 turns by myself. The right one is the original triple 11 turn that will give out over 40,000 RPM and take over 10 amp of power @7.2volt, even at no load spinning.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

This may be a off the cuff statement, but I believe that the 55t integy motor is a 12v motor as well, is it not? I know it can definately handle 12v. I would think the 80t would run on 7.2v 3300 mah fine.
Anyone got an opinion on that?
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

i would agree with jw. i say get two of them, and run it. as you can always ebay it later.
Shane
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

How about 2 of them on 14.4 with an evx?

That oughta be some parts breaking torque.

Heavy
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

i tried to order some yesterday but they discontinued by fantom. dunno
chafey is offline   Reply With Quote