Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Rooster crawler question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #21
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
anybody running one of these esc's on a Clod yet?? I am running 2 55t motors and I suspect the new Rooster can handle the 2 motors. I guess I will find out real quick for myself, but I was just curious at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
Yes the drag brake is strong. On flat ground both a Super and a 2.2 the wheels will lock up when you completely let of the throttle, your rig will skid to a stop on a low traction surface. On a down hill section when you let of the throttle the 2.2 will flip over forward if you are carring speed, the Super may (but probably won't) flip. It's all about throttle control. Master the throttle and you will love the Rooster Crawler Edition.

DUDE, The Rooster CE (crawler edition) will run 2 55t motors just fine.
I've got one in my Clod Super, it works really good with the two 55T motors. Like Pinchy said, the tires will skid to a stop the drag brake hits so hard. And I've got 13 tooth pinions in it.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

It said on the Novak site description that it is water- (resistant) anyone know just how water resistant they are? since it said "resistant" Im sure its not totally water proof. and what do i need to do to run a lipo battery with it? i have never ran a lipo but i hear good things and may want to try it sometime.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #23
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapegoat View Post
It said on the Novak site description that it is water- (resistant) anyone know just how water resistant they are? since it said "resistant" Im sure its not totally water proof. and what do i need to do to run a lipo battery with it? i have never ran a lipo but i hear good things and may want to try it sometime.
Think of it a "splash resistant" not submersible. It will run a lipo fine. you should set it to lipo cut off mode (easy, just fallow the directions it gives) but it will run lipo with with out being in lipo mode.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
RCC Addict

well i got mine in today and cant wait to try them out. one thing that i must have overlooked when looking at the product description is that fact that the BEC is 6V but the only argument i have is that it only allows for a 7 cell pack to be ran :-( other than that it looks like it will work great and i heard great reviews from people who have ran it
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon635 View Post
well i got mine in today and cant wait to try them out. one thing that i must have overlooked when looking at the product description is that fact that the BEC is 6V but the only argument i have is that it only allows for a 7 cell pack to be ran :-( other than that it looks like it will work great and i heard great reviews from people who have ran it
I just got finished installing mine on my super...it works great!! FYI I'm also running two 55t Integy's. The two reasons I got this ESC was for the brakes and the 6v/5A BEC. Now my two Hitec 5645's turn just fine!! I'm not too sure about its 7-cell ability though....sorry...
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
MODERATOR™

Quote:
the BEC is 6V
And a 5 amper. It's a tough dude.

I just intillated a MPI 6 volt regulator, just to compare it against the built in BEC of the RCE. Yeah... no noticable difference. I put it into my comp truck which is using an Airtronics 361 steering servo, and the metal geared servo that comes with the DX3, for dig duty on the RC4WD R2 disconnect trans.

(Man that's nerd speak right there)

Anyways, I was thinking well, maybe I've hit the limit of a 5 amp BEC. The steering servo felt a little weaker than what I though I was used to. What I found to be the culprit was the additional weight of the Kreepy Skwishy Foam Inserts. Damn them!

Moral of the story? The RCE's BEC is a tough dude!

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
...one thing that i must have overlooked when looking at the product description is that fact that the BEC is 6V but the only argument i have is that it only allows for a 7 cell pack to be ran :-( ........t
That sucks, what the heck was Novak thinking? Should be able to handle at least 8 cells.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #28
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Should be able to handle at least 8 cells.
Why is that?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

so its not submersible??? anyone tried.
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #30

I hope this will help you.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=S2y76g2TtmU

TXT based
2S-lipo
55T leath
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
I hope this will help you.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=S2y76g2TtmU

TXT based
2S-lipo
55T leath

Excellent display of how it works, I find myself wiggling the tires also to help it 'let lose' a little on the downhills. It holds that good!
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote