Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Rooster Crawler Glitching???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Post Rooster Crawler Glitching???

I just read the previous thread and it seems like people have been having problems with the new Novak Crawler Rooster. Mine glitches in forward under a load. I am running a Integy Matrix 55T motor. No wires are touching metal or nothing. Has anyone else been having glitching problems???
4X4 JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 JEFF View Post
I just read the previous thread and it seems like people have been having problems with the new Novak Crawler Rooster. Mine glitches in forward under a load. I am running a Integy Matrix 55T motor. No wires are touching metal or nothing. Has anyone else been having glitching problems???
that is where I started with my sons until I started to mess with the radio settings, still cant get it as smooth forward as reverse
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

ive kept the receiver and esc far apart and run a straight antenna with a 2.4GHz system and have no problem at all, and i think you must run the capacitators whicg im sure you know... i think that straightening the antenna has solved a few for some people.
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Mine glitched like crazy. But seemed to do it more in reverse than forward. I even sent it back under warranty. My radio is a 40Mhz JR SX3 synth. I'm currently using the stock Clod motors with the caps soldered on. Funny, altering the throttle trim took a lot of it out. And it seemed to get worse if I altered the 3rd channel settings without changing the wiring on the car. I was hoping swapping to Integy 55t v10 motors would eliminate it. Seems it might not.
LincolnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #5

4x4 Jeff,

What type of radio system are you using in your car?

Lincoln,

FYI most 40 mHz systems generally put out FAR less power than their 27 mHz and 75 mHz cousins... if you are having trouble with glitching I would highly recommend trying another frequency band.

-Steve Weiss
Steve@teamnovak.com
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby Momma!

Mine is glitching like mad, but I don't have caps on my motors yet.
But, I think once I get this ironed out this will be the esc of choice for me.
Kevin
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

mine is perfect..

forward and reverse are buttery smooth..
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
RCC Addict

well i just ran mine in my super yesterday and i was not overall impressed. the front esc doesnt glitch and it sits right next to the reciever. The rear esc does glitch but I havent put capacitors on my motors yet. the drag brake sucks. I think the mamba maxx was stronger.

I am using the v10 handwound motors and have to hold the rear in slight reverse to keep the truck from just rolling down and pull it down with the front. The thing i do like about it is the plug and play part.
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Don't you guy's read the directions for hooking up a new esc?? Right in the instructions it says to use the caps and shows you how to put them on. Novak stuff has always glitched like crazy without them and if you are just being too lazy to solder on a few tiny caps maybe you should find a new hobby!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #10

If you don't follow the directions, how can you expect the product to perform as described.

Not installing the caps is as stupid as hooking the battery up backwards and expecting everything to work perfectly. Now get to soldering!
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I like mine it will glicth only sometimes when batt. is very low. and my wires are a mess

tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

tapped-out,

move your switch wire behind your antenna and move the servo wire away from the antenna too, that should help.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Hi

I just ordered my AX10 and a Rooster Crawler. And of course I am interested in everything which is relatet to it.

Unfortunally in my country there is no big Crawler Club. So I read her and learn. Usually I am into airplanes.

But back to my question, there seem to be a problem with the rooster when "the caps" are not installed. As far as i understod (sorry my english is far from good) was not the rooster the problem it was because they forgot to install the caps. Right?

But what are caps, how do the they look and do they come with the rooster.
I just ask because I havent order any caps. Just the rooster, ax 10, hitec 645 servo .

Greetings and Thanks for the help.
Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

The caps (capacitors) go on the motor. Most motors have them built-in these days (including the newer Integy motors) but I believe they're included with the Rooster Crawler.

Install one + to -, one - to the motor can, and one + to the can, if your motor doesn't already have them..
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I run caps on all my motors, It is a must. Without them, I would expect to glitch something awful. There easy to install and make a world of difference.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Default Novak rooster esc

I got mine in the mail today and yes it does come with capacitors.
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote