Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #1021
RCC Addict

Default Re: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

I'd like a bit of clarification about the timing of/in the Ballistic series motors.
The official Ballistic Motor Timing Information state that there's a 30 degree electronic timing and how changing the timing by rotating the ring affect Novak ESCs.

My questions are:
1. Does the electronic timing apply in both directions, or is it -30 degrees when running in "reverse"? (Seems like it's one way only, by the "Note" under point 3 in the Information.)
2. How does the electronic timing effect ESCs that aren't labeled Novak? (Like for example the CC MMP.)
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1022
My vendor status has been revoked

i just received a goat 3s 18.5 system and have been trying to set it up but i cant even get through the one touch set-up.. i have a rooster crawler esc and i know how to do the one touch process... but i am new to brushless... so i dont know... the light turns red but it doesnt register the throttle....
summitcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #1023
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitcrawler View Post
I just received a goat 3S 18.5 system and have been trying to set it up but I can't even get through the one touch set-up.. I have a rooster crawler ESC and I know how to do the one touch process... but I am new to brushless... so I don't know... the light turns red but it doesn't register the throttle....
Just the red LED or red & blinking green??:
Red status LED on solid & Green LED blinking––Check motor sensor harness connection. Possible internal motor damage.

Manual here... http://v2.teamnovak.com/file_download/130257570955-3214-1_Rev.3_Goat3S%20Instr.pdf

We will assume the RX is bound to the TX?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #1024
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys lokkn for some help. I have a rooster esc and evn when i try calibrate it it still runs faster in reverse. Ive swapped motor wires(brushed motor) and now when i hit forward it reverses and i reverse and it goes forward.
Also i have same prob with a brushless esc. No matter wat it wants to run in reverse. So i swapped a wire to c wire. And c wire to a wire. But last time i did this i burnt the esc.
Can anyone help me understand whats im doin wrong?

sent to you while re inventing the wheel.
scoobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #1025

I plan to run a goat/13.5 combo on 2S. This is a 2000kv motor. Will 16/56 be an OK ratio?
timz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by timz View Post
I plan to run a goat/13.5 combo on 2S. This is a 2000kv motor. Will 16/56 be an OK ratio?
I forgot to mention that this is going in a wraith. I'll ask over in the wraith forum.
Thanks
timz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #1027
Rock Crawler

Howdy Folks! We had a misprint in our latest BEC Manual update. Added a picture to the manual, but the typo is in the wiring. It indicates to wire the BEC Backwards! Woops! This is clearly not correct. The BEC should be wired, "Red to Positive, and Black to Negative".

We've posted an updated manual on the website.

Tech@teamnovak.com if you ever have specific Novak Q's. We're on Email all the time, and happy to assist as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
Charlie@teamnovak.com
Tech@teamnovak.com
csuangka@teamnovak.com

Customer Service Dept - Status Check
Cs@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1028

Default goat 3s newbie question..

I bought a used Creeper. It came with a Goat 3s system and 13.5 motor. I was reading the rccrawler forums..specifically the one about requiring a BEC. I read the specs for the goat that includes a 3amp BEC @ 6.0 volts. I am using a savox 1268 or 1267 servo. These servos list their locked amp draw at 3 AMP @ 6 volts. Is the included BEC in the goat system fine with these servos or should I upgrade to a higher amp BEC?

Thanks in advance for great products. I use your stuff exclusively in my dirt oval racing.. No complaints whatsoever..

Mike
mikejhs1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #1029
I wanna be Dave

Yes, you need an external BEC!
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM