Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: glitching issue, any ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default glitching issue, any ideas

I have a truck that glitches, here is the skinny. All I did was add a CC BEC to my truck and now it glitches like a mother. I turn off my radio and it stops, and if I unplug my motors it still glitches.

I am running 2 super roosters
hitec 5995, 5955 servos
CC Berg microstamp 4ch rx
4 channel futaba radio
a Novac 3 cell lipo cutoff
and a 3 cell lipo

It worked perfect in this mode but when I added the CC BEC unplugged the red wires on my esc's it started glitching. I didn't move any electronics all I did was add the BEC. I Currently have my BEC hooked up to the RX via Y-harness with one of the ESC's and was wondering if that could be what the problem is? I have tried to run the BEC straight to the servos but for some reason they wont function when only the signal wire is hooked up to the RX.

Help is needed.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Where is your radio antenna? It should be routed up an antenna tube, not cut and not wound around or near anything metal. I dont know why the BEC would cause it by its self?? Good luck
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Just so you know,

Dual Super Rooster's give you a 6 amp BEC. You shouldn't "need" the CC BEC at all.

I've had a couple guys report to me the same issue you're having. We couldn't really trace it to anything, but removing the BEC solved the issue so we chalked it up to kind of a bad BEC problem.

Maybe drop them a line, see if they've had this reported and have a fix. That's what I'd do.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Just so you know,

Dual Super Rooster's give you a 6 amp BEC. You shouldn't "need" the CC BEC at all.

I've had a couple guys report to me the same issue you're having. We couldn't really trace it to anything, but removing the BEC solved the issue so we chalked it up to kind of a bad BEC problem.

Maybe drop them a line, see if they've had this reported and have a fix. That's what I'd do.
Remember that I am using a 3 cell lipo. I had plenty of servo power running a 7.2V pack but when I went to the lipo It didn't have the juice.

So are you telling me that I can turn on both of my super roosters and it wont fry anything becauase with a 7.2v battery I only turned on one of the esc's?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It could either be a bad ESC or your radio is very sensitive to the switching noise. How close is the BEC to your RX? You could always isolate the power to the servos as well.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Why would my esc be bad? The glitching has nothing to do with them because I can unplug them and still get the glitching.
My bec is about 2in away from the RX. I tried to isolate the power just to my servo's but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. I hooked the power and ground straight to my servos and then just ran the signal wire to the rx and the servos wouldn't work that way. Is there another way to do it?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #7

I meant bad BEC, sorry.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I bought it from you so if it is bad do I just return it to you? How do you tell if it is bad?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #9

You would have to hook it up to an occiliscope. You can return it to me or return it to Castle, either way.