Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: The Motor Construction Thread aka What Motor should I Get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Motor Construction Thread aka What Motor should I Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Though motors in crawling are not spun up to crazy speeds, but they are exposed to insane amp draws, sometimes that rival or even exceed what we see in carpet racing
I personally haven't experienced more than a 21A draw on my rig. However on my sct, I've had up to 91A draw.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 03:25 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

I need to continue reading this. Merry Christmas
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #63
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Time to brush off an old thread, eh? Talking of amp draws, the max I have logged in a crawler was just under 100a, but it was with a very low resistance battery. With 2200s I haven't seen over 70a and with 1300s I haven't seen over 50a on the logs.

A lot has changed since the beginning of the thread. I'll see what I can do to update things.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Hey john so i have some motor questions for you. lately i have been doing lots of hiking with the crawler and its alot of high speed stuff for acouple of hours each time. i bought the rig used and it had a 35t tekin hand wound. it needed to be turned so i gave it to a local guy and i guess he messed it up becuase it wont even turn over now with out a kick start. then i put in a chepo rc4wd 35t and my temps where fine and i was cruzin half way through my 2nd 3s pack(5300 mah, 30c) and the motor just went up in smoke, this was about 90 minuets of running when this happend. gearing was 20/87, castle sidewinder 3

so my question is for what im doing what motor set up should i run that wont shit out on me. and im running through some snow, but no dirty water, im not sure how well water works with that but i did see your have water proof options on some of your brushless motors.
rccrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #65

Question Re: The Motor Construction Thread aka What Motor should I Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It would decrease the speed, and only increase power if the armature field was not already saturated. It would take some very strong magnets to penetrate the can too. If the magnets are too strong on a three slot motor the startup speed will become higher because it has to break the stronger magnet field.
If I get a Holmes Hobbies 30t motor with 6 degrees of timing does that mean it will have more forward rotation than reverse? It's going in a scx10 2. What degrees should I get? Opinions please???? Thanks
Konnerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnerboy View Post
If I get a Holmes Hobbies 30t motor with 6 degrees of timing does that mean it will have more forward rotation than reverse? It's going in a scx10 2. What degrees should I get? Opinions please???? Thanks
My understanding is the motor will have a higher top speed forward than reverse. I was playing with a motor the other day and it was noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/91853-motor-construction-thread-aka-what-motor-should-i-get.html
Posted By For Type Date
learn about brushed motors-here- - Mini-ZRacer.com Forums Post #0 Refback 10-05-2011 06:26 PM