Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Esc & Motor ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 05:54 AM   #1

Default Esc & Motor ??

Hi there, I read a lot the forum and i get a lot of answer to my question but now I need expérience before ordering some part.

these are the choice:

#1 MOPED V16R ESC & Integy Lathe Motor 55t ~ 55$

#2 Novak Rooster ESC Crawler Edition with 55t Motor ~ 110$

#3 Mamba Max ESC & Integy Lathe Motor 55t ~ 155$

#4 Novak Goat Crawler System with ESC ~ 205$

Witch one should be the more fun to use Vs price, witch one i will keep me without the felling the need the exchange part in a month. (some person experience glich with some combo)

With some other projet (not RC) I learn starting cheap somethime are not the best way, and on the other hand, pricy solution sometime are not realy big improvement from middle range solution.

Anyway, talk to me.

just in case, I want to built a scaler with the ax-10 & the x-trail frame, if it make any difference for the choice ?
SD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I can't speak for all of them but I have a MM and 60t lathe and I love the combo. Been a problem free setup for me. Plus if I ever want to try brushless it's easy to just swap motors.
stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #3

While I went and bought the Novak Goat combo (which works great), for the money, and if I did it again, I might go with the Novak Rooster Crawler and 55t motor combo....a couple friends have that setup and I think it works as well as my Goat.....only time will tell!
RPS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #4

I'd say option 3. I'm new to RC crawling and always liked Novak for all my other RC stuff but i wished i just went with the majority of advice and got the MM first. I don't know how expensive your radio is but if its cheap like mine the Novak is most likely going to glitch. I just swapped out my Novak Rooster Crawler for a Mamba Max. I still run the Novak 55t that came with the Novak ESC but the just off throttle glitch was getting me upset. No problem with the MM. I wish i would have just got the Mamba Max to start with. Plus if you ever go brushless or want to configure it to go in a street car, monster truck...whatever it will do it. I liked the simplicity of the Novak but the glitching was annoying and i didn't want to buy a new radio and still have it glitch...plus i really didn't have 300+ dollars to spend on just a radio......Hope this helps.
Grimmjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #5

thank you, I will probably Go with MM
SD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #6

I went with the Mamba Max and an Integy 55T lathe, super easy set up
no problems at all......
flynbryn is offline   Reply With Quote