Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Team Associated teasing a scale crawler!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 02:26 PM   #261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Team Associated teasing a scale crawler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
They look pretty good. They mount in a similar spot. The lines that are molded into them are there so they can be trimmed in a straight line to fit different sized bodies. I thought that was a cool idea they thought of. They feel similar to to the VS4-10 inner fender. Maybe just a tad bit thinner, but look really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool beans! That’s what they looked like. That two toned was a clear body painted up for ?Jeff looked great!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #262
Rock Crawler

$240 for all of the goodies without the ugly body, orange wheels, worthless bumpers and RTR electronics. Talk about a winner all day long.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #263
I wanna be Dave

Wow that body looks great painted like that.
Maybe we could get freakEskinz to do patina decal wraps for this?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:33 AM   #264
Rock Crawler

The only thing preventing me from buying one is the transmission. I just wish it was forward mounted and lower so a full interior would fit The rest of the kit is great, and good spec.
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 AM   #265
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilus View Post
The only thing preventing me from buying one is the transmission. I just wish it was forward mounted and lower so a full interior would fit The rest of the kit is great, and good spec.
I bet someone makes a forward mount pretty fast. Probably even fit a VFD pretty easy.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:57 AM   #266
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I bet someone makes a forward mount pretty fast. Probably even fit a VFD pretty easy.
I hope so. It's a nice platform otherwise
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:39 AM   #267
Pebble Pounder

Some may remember the issues on the VS4-10 chassis rails that has since been resolved - thanks Vanquish. Vanquish and now Element RC both use aggressive return angles on the chassis rails going around the axle areas. I get it...it permits low CG without sacrificing suspension travel. Anyone with a materials / engineering background will tell you exactly where those rails will fail. I suspect that solid aluminum bumpers didn't help.

Vanquish remedied the issue by filling in material between the rails - rock solid. I purchased the VS4-10 chassis kit, and I can tell you those rails are going nowhere - very stout. Front to back, the rails have support virtually the entire length of the rails. You are NOT going to bend those rails under any reasonable use...even some unreasonable use!

Now, there are a few folks on this forum that had a chance to drive, or at least inspect the chassis. What did you think? Look pretty solid? The rails look to be pretty beefy in terms of material thickness, but they do have those aggressive returns in the rails at just the location that will take any frontal load and possibly bend. Not trying to make an issue where there isn't one, I simply haven't seen the product first hand.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #268
I wanna be Dave

Watch Joshs enduro upgrade video, he addresses that by using a second battery mount brace in the rear.

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #269
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Watch Joshs enduro upgrade video, he addresses that by using a second battery mount brace in the rear.

Hang up and Drive

That might address twisting / racking, that doesn't address frontal impacts, or impacts from the rear for that matter. Good video by Josh - they always are, he even mentioned the twisting concerns, which cross bracing could help. However, twisting and bending are two completely different loads.

Perhaps it's not an issue, the rails look relatively thick from what I can see in images...
Old 06-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #270
I wanna be Dave

So, have you ever bent a C-channel frame? I have never seen a stock frame that took a front hit that bent! None issue! You'll have to pick on something else, or not buy it! JMO
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:26 AM   #271
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
So, have you ever bent a C-channel frame? I have never seen a stock frame that took a front hit that bent! None issue! You'll have to pick on something else, or not buy it! JMO
Ernie
I have...and I've seen others that have, and I've seen the mfg. resolve the issue appropriately. Granted, it wasn't a chronic issue, but a heavy enough rig, combined with a direct load to the front bumper, would indeed bend the chassis rails. These rails have a similar profile...that is why I'm asking the question.

I'm not "picking on" anything...is this not a forum to ask reasonable questions? Nor am I assuming there is an issue, chances are there is no issue. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as you've stated, and so is everyone else. Criticizing a question that you may not like, understand, or agree with, doesn't add anything useful.

I've never found fanboyism productive and tends to make forums intended for sharing information pretty much useless.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #272
RCC Addict

I'm with Ernie. I've crashed my rigs down cliffs and stuff has broken, but not frame rails. No sleep lost on this one.

Looking forward to the new crawler!
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #273
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post

Ernie

Agreed, I’ve seen a couple of twisted VS4 frames that bent due to massive frontal impact and the original unbraced bumper. I’ve done lots of end falls with both of my channel frames and square still

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-09-2019, 05:45 AM   #274
Go Buckeyes!

So I was able to watch 5 or 6 of these new Element rigs run at Team KNK TTC6 yesterday and I was impressed out how well they performed. They looked to be box stock except for one or two that had different tires on them.

I am curious to see long term how these will hold up, but knowing AE and my experience with them through the years I’m thinking the will be fine. Maybe need a tweak or upgrade here or there.

Picked up some free stickers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #275
I wanna be Dave

Default Team Associated teasing a scale crawler!

Well Changed my mind. Even though I picked up the rtr the kit was stuck in my mind.
Yes this is for the wife, No I’m not planning on 3s(yet), But it was the shocks and transmission gears that pushed me. All machined gears, reversing shaft, all aluminum shocks. So a Radon 16t was grabbed, venerable 1080, and an ecopower servo , and a ProLine body. That body was just weird to me. So I’m still stoked as I am an Associated fan.

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-09-2019, 07:04 AM   #276
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Well Changed my mind. Even though I picked up the rtr the kit was stuck in my mind.
Yes this is for the wife, No I’m not planning on 3s(yet), But it was the shocks and transmission gears that pushed me. All machined gears, reversing shaft, all aluminum shocks. So a Radon 16t was grabbed, venerable 1080, and an ecopower servo , and a ProLine body. That body was just weird to me. So I’m still stoked as I am an Associated fan.

Hang up and Drive
Sounds like a good plan Mike!

The kit is probably the way I will go too, but I still would like to have the scale garage that comes with the RTR!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #277
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Sounds like a good plan Mike!

The kit is probably the way I will go too, but I still would like to have the scale garage that comes with the RTR!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is a sweet idea, but all the extras in the kit! The kit comes with a garage door, dumpster and signs

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-09-2019, 07:39 AM   #278
Pebble Pounder

I was able to get my hands on one at TTC6 , on friday night. Its a very well thought out rig. Lots of little neat details. Aside from the over drive options, I really like the servo winch mount. I like the aggressive bends on the frame rails, to get the COG down low. Everything seems very stout. The shocks feel very nice. The shocks really stood out to me. So many manufactures are putting out garbage shocks, that leak as fast as you can fill them. These shocks didn't appear to have any issues. The quality of the plastic was on par with their racing products. The axles appear to be very nice as well. Great steering angle. everything seemed balanced very nicely. It appears they've done their research and set everything up to be very performance oriented with no extra fluff. I can't wait to build the kit.
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #279
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
I have...and I've seen others that have, and I've seen the mfg. resolve the issue appropriately. Granted, it wasn't a chronic issue, but a heavy enough rig, combined with a direct load to the front bumper, would indeed bend the chassis rails. These rails have a similar profile...that is why I'm asking the question.

I'm not "picking on" anything...is this not a forum to ask reasonable questions? Nor am I assuming there is an issue, chances are there is no issue. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as you've stated, and so is everyone else. Criticizing a question that you may not like, understand, or agree with, doesn't add anything useful.

I've never found fanboyism productive and tends to make forums intended for sharing information pretty much useless.

There is a big difference between fanboyism and someone who has raced Associated products since the middle 80s, they are a quality and proven company. Agreed, chassis strength is a reasonable question but my thoughts are coming from someone who has been in the RC hobby for 30 plus years and based on that I know the quality of their product is "top notch". I have no reason to believe that this truck is going to very from that. I was at Pro-line By the Fire and had the chance to look this truck over very closely and it is a quality product, "These boys did their homework", but of course this is just my humble opinion! I guess if that is fanboyism then "I'm guilty as charged"! And if you think my info is useless, well your welcome to your opinion! You all have a good day.

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #280
Pebble Pounder

I still say with any of these new entries or kits the quality will be top notch!! Performance will be very good, durability should also be great! The companies aren't new comers to the hobby So they know what their doing. I believe besides price point it's going to be a ford chevy debate. And a tough decision. But time will tell.
bikepilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Associated teasing a scale crawler! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team FastEddy Team Losi 1/10th scale crawler Bearing Kit FastEddy Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 04-16-2012 04:31 PM
Just teasing..... Erik D_lux Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 11-14-2010 06:59 PM
Team Losi Crawler 1/18 Scale NEW RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 22 08-31-2008 08:35 PM