Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Team Associated teasing a scale crawler!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #281
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Team Associated teasing a scale crawler!

I’m with Ernie.

I too have had Associated and never had an issue not caused by me , so when a number of people didn’t poke it apart and I saw the thought that went into the whole package, I bought in.
When I looked at the standard parts in the kit(metal gears, OD, reversible trans shaft aluminum shock caps) it really showed that they studied the competition , equaled it and added to it. Yes time will tell but with many similarities with the SCX10ii upgrades should come soon. This isn’t the HPI Venture fiasco, so let it come!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #282
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Well Changed my mind. Even though I picked up the rtr the kit was stuck in my mind.
Yes this is for the wife, No I’m not planning on 3s(yet), But it was the shocks and transmission gears that pushed me. All machined gears, reversing shaft, all aluminum shocks. So a Radon 16t was grabbed, venerable 1080, and an ecopower servo , and a ProLine body. That body was just weird to me. So I’m still stoked as I am an Associated fan.

Hang up and Drive
Yeah got me too
I cancelled my pre-order for the rtr and pre-ordered the kit instead
Just feels abetter option for me and no awful bumpers to throw away !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #283
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Yeah got me too
I cancelled my pre-order for the rtr and pre-ordered the kit instead
Just feels abetter option for me and no awful bumpers to throw away !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thing that did finally sway me was the upgraded shocks, I’m not a blue fan, but that was an option I liked, and when all upgrades added in, made it pretty easy. I’ve got a set of VS4 bumpers here already .

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #284
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
There is a big difference between fanboyism and someone who has raced Associated products since the middle 80s, they are a quality and proven company. Agreed, chassis strength is a reasonable question but my thoughts are coming from someone who has been in the RC hobby for 30 plus years and based on that I know the quality of their product is "top notch". I have no reason to believe that this truck is going to very from that. I was at Pro-line By the Fire and had the chance to look this truck over very closely and it is a quality product, "These boys did their homework", but of course this is just my humble opinion! I guess if that is fanboyism then "I'm guilty as charged"! And if you think my info is useless, well your welcome to your opinion! You all have a good day.

Ernie

Ernie,

Why didn't you simply give this response the first time?

"Hey Celt, I was at Pro-line By the Fire and had the chance to look this truck over very closely and it is a quality product."

Is that not exactly the information I requested? If anyone who had driven or seen the rig in person, did you feel this to be a concern - which is pretty much your response above...I could of and would of, been more than happy with that.

I apologize for the fanboyism comment, but from your first response, "don't pick on the product, don't buy it if you don't like it." Well...sure seemed like a fanboy response to me, even if that wasn't your intent.

I to am an AE fan. I grew up in Southern California and have been racing AE chassis since the gold tub RC10 was released in the mid 80's. STILL racing them to this day...from my chair I can see four buggies, three shortcourses, a wheeler and a stadium truck...all AE.

Sure you're a good person Ernie...let's agree not to assume the worst in folks...sometimes a question is just a question, nothing more.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:48 PM   #285
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Ernie,

Why didn't you simply give this response the first time?

"Hey Celt, I was at Pro-line By the Fire and had the chance to look this truck over very closely and it is a quality product."

Is that not exactly the information I requested? If anyone who had driven or seen the rig in person, did you feel this to be a concern - which is pretty much your response above...I could of and would of, been more than happy with that.

I apologize for the fanboyism comment, but from your first response, "don't pick on the product, don't buy it if you don't like it." Well...sure seemed like a fanboy response to me, even if that wasn't your intent.

I to am an AE fan. I grew up in Southern California and have been racing AE chassis since the gold tub RC10 was released in the mid 80's. STILL racing them to this day...from my chair I can see four buggies, three shortcourses, a wheeler and a stadium truck...all AE.

Sure you're a good person Ernie...let's agree not to assume the worst in folks...sometimes a question is just a question, nothing more.

Agreed! Sorry! I still have one of the first gold tubs (and my first competitive dirt racer) on my display wall, right beside my B4.2. I hung up the B4.2 in 2010 and haven't been on a dirt track since. That was the year I started crawling.
I'm good friends with Kelly Lunsford and he was able to a few of the first run of RC10s from Gene. Sorry I came across cranky, just chalk it up to a 70 year old fart. So..... the olive branch has passed hands.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-09-2019 at 10:56 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #286
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
That is a sweet idea, but all the extras in the kit! The kit comes with a garage door, dumpster and signs

Hang up and Drive
Yeah, with all the extras that the kit comes with, I think that is the way to go too!

Speaking of the Kit. Element gave the very first Kit away yesterday at Team KNK TT6 to one lucky driver. They said it is the very first Kit to enter the real world! They also gave away an RTR too. It's too bad, I wasn't that lucky driver!

John Schultz from Element spoke about the new Kit and personally handed it off to the lucky winner. I recorded a video of him talking about, so I'll try to get it up here soon.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 AM   #287
I wanna be Dave

Kool beans! Saw a video of Johns element in the mud pit......stock or??????

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #288
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Kool beans! Saw a video of Johns element in the mud pit......stock or??????

Hang up and Drive

I didn’t get a chance to see it with the body off, so not sure. I do know he was running Hyrax on some VP Methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 08:03 AM   #289
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Agreed! Sorry! I still have one of the first gold tubs (and my first competitive dirt racer) on my display wall, right beside my B4.2. I hung up the B4.2 in 2010 and haven't been on a dirt track since. That was the year I started crawling.
I'm good friends with Kelly Lunsford and he was able to a few of the first run of RC10s from Gene. Sorry I came across cranky, just chalk it up to a 70 year old fart. So..... the olive branch has passed hands.
Ernie

No worries at all...not 70 yet, bet getting there...

I have the RTR and a kit preordered, I can't wait to see what others come up with!
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:39 PM   #290
Quarry Creeper

What’s the axle width is it the same as the ar44
ribaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #291
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribaja View Post
What’s the axle width is it the same as the ar44
I believe it is the same as the AR44, but maybe somebody that knows the right answer could chime in!
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #292
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I believe it is the same as the AR44, but maybe somebody that knows the right answer could chime in!

I'm sure Josh could clear it up for us!

Ernie
Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #293
I wanna be Dave

Was browsing the SSD website earlier and all of the d44 axle stuff was scx10II width. Seems this kit would use those.

*wrong thread/kit!
For some reason the forum wont let me delete this post. Sorry!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-12-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 PM   #294
Quarry Creeper

Does the kit version come with the stiffer plastic parts? Or do you have to buy them separately?
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #295
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
Does the kit version come with the stiffer plastic parts? Or do you have to buy them separately?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
Ernie
Old 06-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #296
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Optional

That said Im holding off on most, not sure if the rigidity will be a plus or not.

I've also not heard of failures as this is not axial plastics
Old 06-14-2019, 05:53 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm fairly certain the hard plastics are optional and you probably wouldn't want a whole truck made from that stuff anyway. Screws go in with all the ease of fully tightening a cross threaded screw into aluminum. You're arm would get tired from having to prethread every screw hole in the truck or risk stripping out screws.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #298
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'm fairly certain the hard plastics are optional and you probably wouldn't want a whole truck made from that stuff anyway. Screws go in with all the ease of fully tightening a cross threaded screw into aluminum. You're arm would get tired from having to prethread every screw hole in the truck or risk stripping out screws.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #299
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I have almost all the hard plastics now I believe, they gave me the axle housings at KNK. I installed them all just to see how it goes, I’m not sure I have a strong opinion on whether I prefer them or not yet as I haven’t ran them and I don’t have any experience with their race platforms that can use them. I feel like I can see the benefits of it, but at the same time I prefer the look of the black plastic.

Either way, it’s a cool option that they put out for the guys who want to really get into the tweaking of a setup.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #300
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I have almost all the hard plastics now I believe, they gave me the axle housings at KNK. I installed them all just to see how it goes, I’m not sure I have a strong opinion on whether I prefer them or not yet as I haven’t ran them and I don’t have any experience with their race platforms that can use them. I feel like I can see the benefits of it, but at the same time I prefer the look of the black plastic.

Either way, it’s a cool option that they put out for the guys who want to really get into the tweaking of a setup.
Definitely a cool option but that stuff isn't for everyone which is why I'm glad it isn't included in the kit version. There are people that have legitimate struggles with just the 4 screws holding in the transmission of the SCXII RBK, I can only imagine how poorly it can go with a whole truck made of stuff that tough to thread into.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Associated teasing a scale crawler! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team FastEddy Team Losi 1/10th scale crawler Bearing Kit FastEddy Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 04-16-2012 04:31 PM
Just teasing..... Erik D_lux Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 11-14-2010 06:59 PM
Team Losi Crawler 1/18 Scale NEW RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 22 08-31-2008 08:35 PM