RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/)
-   -   New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/609860-new-associated-enduro-crawler-free-mods-upgrades.html)

Shinchu 07-15-2019 02:43 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
it did, but the large one might be TOO large? i haven't tried but i don't want it to interfere with steering or inner fenders (when i get them).

HumboldtEF 07-15-2019 07:47 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Ah yes it looks like this will interfere with them, though a bit more cutting might fix it... or a new 3D printed tray maybe?

Browneye 07-18-2019 10:45 AM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Lots of thread links updated on the first page.
If you have something for mods and updates you want included just let me know.

soze 07-18-2019 12:58 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Awesome Chris. This thread should be stickied... like the way NateDog's Ascender thread should be LOL.

B-MOW71 07-18-2019 02:12 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
I like it Chris!

Great idea and I agree with Soze on making it sticky![emoji1]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Browneye 07-18-2019 02:50 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Lots of good content with everybody's new rigs, so it make sense to compile it together as a reference source.
So keep posting all the good stuff. Lots of cool threads and builds going - this platform is on FIRE! "thumbsup"


One of the newer forum members was asking about the Vaterra cage roll bars on mine and wanted to know if I knew if the TRX4 sport rack-system would work. So I pulled out my parts from my kit and low and behold, the box is nearly identical in dimension, and it appears it could be made to work with a little tweaking.
I see you can buy the basic rack parts separately, so there's another potential option for accessorizing the Element Enduro.

Kit-bashing is what we used to call this, taking parts from one kit and mod'ing them or using them in another kit.

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...SportCage2.jpg

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...SportCage1.jpg

soze 07-20-2019 02:37 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/eleme...ml#post5951384

I moved the lower shock mount location from the lower shock mount position to the same position as the lower links so that the shock angle wouldn't be as "laid" down as it first was when I put the BOM cage on. It's now at an acceptable angle. This might also be useful for those of you that want to run longer shocks.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1aeccb35_b.jpg


Here you can see where the original lower shock mount position is versus the new location.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5c37b7c0_b.jpg


A nice bonus to this change is that I have somewhere to mount a swaybar link should I decide to use one.

durok 07-20-2019 07:07 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
^^^ This trick reminds me of good ol' Ascender mods from a while back...

Nicely done!

HumboldtEF 07-20-2019 07:30 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
I just copy pasted this from my build thread

Lowered tranny/motor mod:

I've been staring at the tranny and skid plate all morning thinking about how I can lower the tranny. I even started a new skid CAD design. I ended up settling on just modding the stock parts because without making a skid thats lower than stock with link locations that are also lower I couldn't get the tranny any lower.

So this happened (I used a fine toothed hand saw) a new tranny case is $12.99 BTW for those that are timid.
https://i.imgur.com/2oFVCtll.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zwkyRj6l.jpg
Then I took it to my belt sander for a little clean up and maybe another millimeter or so.
https://i.imgur.com/qNf8LlWl.jpg

Then I carved up (and filed) the skid where the tranny mounts at an angle. This is because the outer most holes cant rally be thinned out any while the inner holes can be. I took off maybe 2mm here on the inner portion.
https://i.imgur.com/OB7wkxFl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/EkzmcaGl.jpg

The motor plate and cover also need some trimming
https://i.imgur.com/ksEuikVl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/qFz28Vol.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TjtsvJxl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9SN0v81l.jpg

You'll need to use shorter screws to mount the tranny after this, for the short screws I used 6mm and the longer screws were 12mm though 10mm might be safer (12mm is pushing it). I'm happy to report theres still a good amount of thread grab even with these shorter screws.

Whether you can go as low as I did may depend on what motor and pinion you use. I'm using a 14t pinion and a smaller 500 series motor.

So I think overall the tranny is 4.5-5mm lower now and I think since it was rotated a bit the motor is likely a touch lower than that.

Browneye 07-21-2019 08:03 AM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Wow guys!!:shock:

Teamwild 07-22-2019 06:30 AM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Here's a couple I did.

I decided to go with SC10 Associated truck Bleeder screw caps and factory team blue shock bushings

Parts needed for the upgrade:
- bleeder caps are Associated #6443
- Factory team bushings #1781
- 4-40 x 3/4 Socket cap screws (4)

Works great and also no longer moves so much on the bushings.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...cbd57a1b_z.jpg

I also an extra set of body stiffeners from the chrome kit so I used them on the outer edges of the body. Very solid now!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...32588785_z.jpg

svt923 07-22-2019 08:15 AM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
An old SCXII mod from long ago but works well for the Enduro.

If you strip your c-hub mounting screw holes or just can't get them to clamp tight enough, replace the M3x14 screw with a M3x16 screw and back it up with a M3 flat nut.

https://i.imgur.com/p8lVH19l.jpg

Geeman640 07-22-2019 08:48 AM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5951437)
I just copy pasted this from my build thread

Lowered tranny/motor mod:

I've been staring at the tranny and skid plate all morning thinking about how I can lower the tranny. I even started a new skid CAD design. I ended up settling on just modding the stock parts because without making a skid thats lower than stock with link locations that are also lower I couldn't get the tranny any lower.

So this happened (I used a fine toothed hand saw) a new tranny case is $12.99 BTW for those that are timid.
https://i.imgur.com/2oFVCtll.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zwkyRj6l.jpg
Then I took it to my belt sander for a little clean up and maybe another millimeter or so.
https://i.imgur.com/qNf8LlWl.jpg

Then I carved up (and filed) the skid where the tranny mounts at an angle. This is because the outer most holes cant rally be thinned out any while the inner holes can be. I took off maybe 2mm here on the inner portion.
https://i.imgur.com/OB7wkxFl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/EkzmcaGl.jpg

The motor plate and cover also need some trimming
https://i.imgur.com/ksEuikVl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/qFz28Vol.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TjtsvJxl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9SN0v81l.jpg

You'll need to use shorter screws to mount the tranny after this, for the short screws I used 6mm and the longer screws were 12mm though 10mm might be safer (12mm is pushing it). I'm happy to report theres still a good amount of thread grab even with these shorter screws.

Whether you can go as low as I did may depend on what motor and pinion you use. I'm using a 14t pinion and a smaller 500 series motor.

So I think overall the tranny is 4.5-5mm lower now and I think since it was rotated a bit the motor is likely a touch lower than that.

This is a ballsy/awesome mod. Kudos to you! I need to go buy more tools so that I can do more mods such as this. I don't even have my dremel anymore. It got lost in the move.

Topher Builds 07-22-2019 12:21 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
1 Attachment(s)
I mentioned this in my build thread but I found the post and wanted to share here. Not sure if this is common knowledge but I was happy to learn it.

soze 07-22-2019 12:24 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Oh my! Time to order up a new body.

Old n ratty 07-22-2019 02:22 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5951771)
Oh my! Time to order up a new body.


Its not up there with the 40thou bodies, but it is better. "thumbsup"

B-MOW71 07-22-2019 03:34 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5951768)
I mentioned this in my build thread but I found the post and wanted to share here. Not sure if this is common knowledge but I was happy to learn it.



Thatís great news! I need to order one since I totally screwed mine up trying to paint it!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cesco 07-26-2019 12:30 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
If you like to add rear light buckets, this is a idea for you.

It is a 3D printed file meant for the Axial SCX10 II Jeep Cherokee body. It is a free file and it fits!
Just clear a bit of the paint, shoegoo them in and you are ready to add lights in the rear of the Enduro bed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1992485

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/...w_featured.JPG

JSterrett 07-26-2019 01:40 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesco (Post 5952668)
If you like to add rear light buckets, this is a idea for you.

It is a 3D printed file meant for the Axial SCX10 II Jeep Cherokee body. It is a free file and it fits!
Just clear a bit of the paint, shoegoo them in and you are ready to add lights in the rear of the Enduro bed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1992485

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/...w_featured.JPG

Nice find!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

soze 07-26-2019 05:15 PM

Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades
 
They've got a new Utility bed out for the Sendero.

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...o_utility_bed/

I like it!

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com