Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades

Little late in posting this up. Had some coffee and I finally understand the title of this thread LOL! I had originally thought it was intended for free mods & related free mod upgrades only. Now I get that it's free mods AND upgrades.

Anyway, this one is sort of free-ish because it comes with the truck, but here is a link to the single post in my thread on how to do the 11.83% overdrive gears.

Enduro 11.83% overdrive gear instructions.

Last edited by soze; 07-05-2019 at 09:31 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Nice. That one is called the hogger, right? Is it fairlead compatable?
Since this rig has a spot for a servo winch I'm having a hard time finding bumpers with a fairlead WITHOUT a winch mounting deck.

Looks great though!
Yes, it's predrilled for a fairlead and winch. Mine is tucked in so you don't see the winch deck.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Nice! Thanks for answering.
Gonna run the stock bumpers as long as I can but looking for options in the meantime.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Confirming SSD heavy wheel brass slw hub/hex bolt right in with no mods. Will post pics later. Works just outstanding.
Wheels are easy to assemble and reassemble, single stage foams, looks like early proline stuff.

Out to CDM today and it crawled all the technical spots - it's really great.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #45
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Confirming SSD heavy wheel brass slw hub/hex bolt right in with no mods. Will post pics later. Works just outstanding.
Wheels are easy to assemble and reassemble, single stage foams, looks like early proline stuff.

Were you able to get your scale hubs back on? I didn’t have enough thread left.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Man, I wish I could've headed out today. Had to work though.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Were you able to get your scale hubs back on? I didn’t have enough thread left.
The caps? Not much axle thread left but did stay on.

Picked up a HW1080 at my LHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Man, I wish I could've headed out today. Had to work though.
Place was empty at 8:30 this morning. Left just before noon and the beach-goers were pouring in.

A 40' sport fisher was washed up on the beach - owner aboard. I don't know if he lost power or missed the harbor inlet, but was a long ways up from the surf, tide was out. Oh dear.

I'm anxious to hear if the higher front overdrive is worthwhile. The rig crawls really well.

Ultimate Hobbies took pics of it along with my trx4 with FJ40 and put them on their Instagram page. They have one more Enduro in stock. I almost bought a 'mog kit.

Last edited by Browneye; 07-05-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Okay guys, newsflash on the Element enduro speed control. Ran into @mikesrch on instagram at CDM rocks today - he was part of the development team with Associated's new brand Element. He's been running one of the prototypes for a number of months. I'll post some pics Monday. Anyway, we were talking about features and settings and I mentioned the jack-rabbit reverse and he said you need to reverse your throttle channel and motor leads and that will smooth it out. Sure enough!! Now I don't need a speed controller - it works the way it's supposed to.

When you install the 12% overdrive then it gets reversed again, so all you need to do is switch your motor leads when you change the gears and you're golden.

As built the radio comes with reverse setting on the throttle - that is wrong.

He also mentioned if you're going to run it hard get the hard-plastics servo tray and trackbar frame link, center skid, shock towers if you feel like it. That's really all it needs to keep it going.

Mike says he has over 500 hours running on his. He's got it setup as a class-1 with Wrangler MTR's.

Another interesting tidbit was that there are another half-dozen rigs coming out from them, that there are just four guys that run the whole company, and the whole Element project was designed and created after hours at night. They kept their world-market business going during the day. Great stuff.

Oh, and the transmission is going to be available as seperate unit for sale for $50 or so to retrofit other rigs if you want overdrive. He swears by the 12% overdrive setup for crawling.

Another tech tidbit was the new HW 880 esc - it's a double motor version, but you can run it on one of the channels, it's programmable like the 1080, but will also run on 4S power.
The Element speed controller is a HobbyWing.

I also found out there's no slipper clutch in this rig.

Last edited by Browneye; 07-06-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Oh yeah...kits shipping next week. And everything is sold out already.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Nice updates Chris! I knew it was probably reversed throttle. Just didn't know if it would work on the rtr esc, but I had to reverse it on my 1080.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

SIX MORE ELEMENT RIGS?!?!!

My wallet would have been safer with one vs410 pro lol
These guys are KILLING THE GAME!
I know because I took mine out for its first trail crawl today.
HOO WEE this thing is rad!

Thanks for the inside info Chris!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the update Chris, and good news on the kits, I'm chomping at the bit to catch up with you guys!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #53
Go Buckeyes!

Nice update Chris. I will have to check out my reverse on mine and possibly switch it.

Wow, more rigs! That's awesome!

Nothing major, but I swapped out the stock plastic servo horn for an aluminum horn. Also added the steel balls to the rod ends. The steel balls feel really nice and move nice and free.

Name:  IMG_3957.jpg
Views: 3727
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3965.jpg
Views: 3624
Size:  124.8 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Oh, and the transmission is going to be available as seperate unit for sale for $50 or so to retrofit other rigs if you want overdrive. He swears by the 12% overdrive setup for crawling.

Its available on the Associated site now https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...h_r_x_gearbox/

They also have complete axle sets with all the parts required for $76.50 which is a really good price it seems. https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...duro_axle_kit/

Quote:

I also found out there's no slipper clutch in this rig.
I was looking at the tranny and though they might have made it so it could go either way, but I never did see slipper pads so I suppose it must be locked. I thought they had done something like Redcat did with the Gen 8 where you can install the pads for a slipper or leave them out to lock it.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-07-2019 at 12:27 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Its available on the Associated site now https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...h_r_x_gearbox/

They also have complete axle sets with all the parts required for $76.50 which is a really good price it seems. https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...duro_axle_kit/

I was looking at the tranny and though they might have made it so it could go either way, but I never did see slipper pads so I suppose it must be locked. I thought they had done something like Redcat did with the Gen 8 where you can install the pads for a slipper or leave them out to lock it.
Thats not a bad price on those axles at all. The cheapest ive found for a set of ar44s is $120+. Just for the ar44 axles set (makes 1 axle) is $67. May have to get a set of these for another build

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thats not a bad price on those axles at all. The cheapest ive found for a set of ar44s is $120+. Just for the ar44 axles set (makes 1 axle) is $67. May have to get a set of these for another build

Looks like you need another ring & pinion, a few more bearings, & diff cover/ link mount. The AR44s needed the same plus another housing.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
Looks like you need another ring & pinion, a few more bearings, & diff cover/ link mount. The AR44s needed the same plus another housing.
Youre right, i didnt notice that. I was thinkin 2 complete axles were layin there. So really. These are bout $5-6 more, but seem to b well worth it

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Thats odd? I wonder if theres a reason for not providing 2 of each, perhaps there will be other gearing options to add more overdrive/underdrive in the future. Since its not a high pinion setup it might be a possibility.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Thats odd? I wonder if theres a reason for not providing 2 of each, perhaps there will be other gearing options to add more overdrive/underdrive in the future. Since its not a high pinion setup it might be a possibility.
I hope you're right about more OD options.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Youre right, i didnt notice that. I was thinkin 2 complete axles were layin there. So really. These are bout $5-6 more, but seem to b well worth it

To complete a front & rear set, It’s about $120 to build a pair of Enduro axles if buying the Enduro Axle Kit and extra necessary pieces. It’s $136 for a pair of Ar44 locker axle kit packages, & just about the same if you buy 1 package & the missing necessary pieces.
I think they created the axle packages that way to stay under a certain price point, betting that the consumer would end up buying the extra pieces anyway after seeing how close to another axle they are with the remaining pieces.

Last edited by txbart; 07-07-2019 at 05:20 PM.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote

New Associated Enduro Crawler - Free-Mods & Upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-25-2019 09:37 AM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
REDCAT GEN 8 SCOUT 2 | MODS & UPGRADES tips & tricks ANYONE CAN DO! shenlonco Redcat Crawlers 2 01-21-2019 04:52 PM
Upgrades & mods to my JK rtr, good or bad? axial 4x4 crawler Axial SCX-10 5 01-14-2014 01:44 PM