Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

July 4th run at CDM rocks

https://youtu.be/NzwW8DrfbLs

Last edited by soze; 01-26-2020 at 10:47 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Cool. I like your paint work - I'm trying to find some black diamond plate for the rockers.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Cool. I like your paint work - I'm trying to find some black diamond plate for the rockers.
I wonder how many people noticed I didn't paint the rear fender flares LOL!

There's a reason though....
Old 07-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I noticed, and I know why... ;)
I tried mine last night and it didnt work out.
Bummer. The proline thing might be my only shot but I will see how yours turns out.

You were pulling some crazy lines!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Yeah I noticed, and I know why... ;)
I tried mine last night and it didnt work out.
Bummer. The proline thing might be my only shot but I will see how yours turns out.

You were pulling some crazy lines!!!
So... my cage will work... BUT.... I need to extend the wheelbase 10mm. Just ordered longer rear links so won't see anything happen until next week.

The other option is to get a shorter cab, but I'll try to make this work for now.

If the Enduro cab was about an inch shorter, it'd be perfect. I might put this RTR cab under the knife when it gets really beat up.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Haha I need shorter front links to pull off what I have in mind. And I hesitate because that could cause all kinds of hell with panhard crashing into bta steering etc... Not sure about doing that just yet.

Cant wait to see how yours turns out though!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Soze very nice write up with pictures. The videos are awesome. That is a super great spot with all the scenery. Was watching your videos while at the LHS tonight with some employees and owner. Everyone was impressed. Really fought the temptation to walk out with one tonight.

Question I have been meaning to ask. Why do you use the Versachem caliper grease? Very curious about it and its benefits if any.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
Soze very nice write up with pictures. The videos are awesome. That is a super great spot with all the scenery. Was watching your videos while at the LHS tonight with some employees and owner. Everyone was impressed. Really fought the temptation to walk out with one tonight.

Question I have been meaning to ask. Why do you use the Versachem caliper grease? Very curious about it and its benefits if any.
It sticks on pretty well without getting flung off the gears. Oddly enough, I actually learned about it via Jeepiac and his Sawback build when I first started on here.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It sticks on pretty well without getting flung off the gears. Oddly enough, I actually learned about it via Jeepiac and his Sawback build when I first started on here.
Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find some to try out
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Work has been crazy lately, and I haven't really had much time to finish up what I had in mind, but I'm getting close.

Here's what I've been cooking up. I wanted to run a rear cage. Vaterra K10 cage didn't quite fit, Pro-Line cage works, but it's not exactly my favorite, but the BOM cage on the other hand, is one of my favorite rear cages.

For this, I picked up the GMADE BOM Rear Cage Kit. It comes with the complete rear cage, fuel cell, and FRONT bumper too! (more on that later).

Here's the cage all bolted up to the body.

Now here's where I ran into some issues. The Enduro cab is longer than the BOM cab, so it pushes the rear cage back further.
The cage is about the same length as the stock Enduro bed, but the cage has sides that would interfere with the rear tires unless you lengthened the wheelbase.

So I just happened to have the GMADE BOM 324mm extended links. I may switch these out to other links eventually, but the length of these seems to work for what I want.

Another issue with running this cage is that it will not allow for having the shock hoops as it was created with a cantilever suspension in mind, so I had to use Boom Racing shock keys and change the orientation of the shocks.

I also had to use the Enduro yellow 2.47 lbs/in. springs to stiffen up the rear suspension due to the orientation of the shocks.

Along with the issues of needing to extend the wheelbase, I discovered that the driveshaft was too short, so I needed to extend that as well. I bought another Enduro driveshaft set thinking that using another long end would be enough.
Alas, it didn't work. The metal insert of the Enduro driveshaft at the furthest of each end would leave the other end just barely attached by around 5mm or so. If I wanted to use these, I'd need to modify the metal insert to have a ring int he middle like the Axial WB8 shafts to prevent the insert from sliding completely in one direction or another.

So... I resorted to using extra Axial WB8 shafts that I had lying around. You can see that the insert has that ring stopper to prevent the insert from going to the extremes of each end.

Here it is all mounted up and ready to go. I like the way it looks, I just hope it performs well. Still not completely finished though.

So the rear cage hinge pegs are too short. They are barely held in and will easily fall out. For the time being, I just zip tied it so that it can't back out any further, but I plan to drill the ends and attach extensions cut from the sprue using set screws to make the peg longer.

The bonus in this rear cage kit is that it comes with the BOM front bumper that actually fits with this body pretty well!

I guess you could call this an "Enduro Bomero"?

Last edited by soze; 07-13-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:53 AM   #31

nice update. I too was wondering if the Bom cage would work.
bonus on the front bumper.
Like!
jchammbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Very nice! I'm more than anything, interested to know how the rear suspension will perform with the change of orientation of the shocks. Keep us posted!
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:29 AM   #33
Go Buckeyes!

Nice! The BOM cage looks great on there!

I don’t have a Truggy style rig in my collection yet, so I’m going to keep this in mind.

Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #34
RCC Addict

IMO, the BOM cage is one of the best looking off-the-rack cages out there. I briefly tried this option too, but saw the shock hoop issue and didn't want to modify it further. Nicely done, sir!
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #35

Great looking build so far!
GrittyMug345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Can you tell me what the diameter of tube is the cage is made from? I have been eyeing it from a project.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
Can you tell me what the diameter of tube is the cage is made from? I have been eyeing it from a project.
The tube diameter is about the same as the Vaterra cage I think.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Hey Soze, I really like the look of that cage!!! Not sure about the shock angle though. I'm sure you have already thought of this, but with that angle you'll need to increase the oil weight and maybe a little stiffer shock. The steeper the angle the less dampening your getting. But dang it looks nice. On mine I think the 46 Power wagon will get a home brew truggy cage along with the bed rails and tail gate???
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Any way to bolt the shocks to the actual cage itself?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:23 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Soze, I really like the look of that cage!!! Not sure about the shock angle though. I'm sure you have already thought of this, but with that angle you'll need to increase the oil weight and maybe a little stiffer shock. The steeper the angle the less dampening your getting. But dang it looks nice. On mine I think the 46 Power wagon will get a home brew truggy cage along with the bed rails and tail gate???
Ernie
Yes Ernie, you're exactly right. I'm already running the stiffest Enduro springs (yellow) on the rear. I might even look for stiffer springs than what Enduro has out for this truck. I haven't changed the oil yet, but after running it today, I think I'll need to. Also contemplating a rear swaybar as well.

If I can't get this setup to work, I'm going to try and see if the parts for the GMADE BOM rear V-setup will work on this truck. If they fit, I'll have to pick up shorter shocks and the necessary BOM parts to do it.

Of course, if I wanted to be adventurous... I could try working out a cantilever setup like my BOM as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Any way to bolt the shocks to the actual cage itself?
Probably not, but you can make your own shock hoop brackets to have the shocks sit close to where the stock is I think.

The reason I setup the shocks this way was to keep the functionality of the flip-open rear hinge!

You might... MIGHT... be able to cut away that portion of the cage where the original shock position was, but I don't know how much it will affect the integrity of the cage at that spot.
Looking at it, it should work, but you'd only have the top portion of the cage keeping it together unless you find a way to brace it down lower somehow. I'm just not willing to cut apart a brand new cage yet...

Last edited by soze; 07-13-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero picture archive- NO TALKING 1BadJeepBruiser Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 337 01-08-2024 09:20 PM
Soze adds a RedCat to the fleet - Gen8 Scout II soze Redcat Crawlers 48 05-19-2021 07:19 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR COMBOS in 2s Lipo & 3s Lipo- In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-26-2019 12:20 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM