Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Cool!

I was wondering if I'd see someone using that IE-RC bed, the main tray is listed as aluminum on the site - just the side rails are steel - and it looks like a real performance-enhancer!

Are you going to add the spare carrier?

Considered getting one myself, but since I already have at least one, maybe 2 utility/tube style back half trucks, my Enduro is going another direction after all.

My Element utility bed never even got painted, although I did mock it up for a photo or two.
Nah, no spare tire carrier, I'll add some knick-knacks to the back, but keeping it as light as possible. This rig is right now geared towards performance while still looking like a normal scale truck.

I'm still not done catching up LOL. I still got a ton of updates to post here as well as my other threads.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

More belated updates...

I bought some aluminum flashing at Home depot and used tin snips to make the bed mount to replace the temporary lexan version.

Mounts on pretty nicely.

Also added the Pro-Line Overland roof rack to protect the top of the cab on eventual tumbles.

Instead of using body pins again, this time I'm using magnets and velcro.

I used E6000 to glue the magnets onto the body.

Put the other magnets on the body posts with felt on top to cushion the magnets when they stick.

On the rear of the cab, I added velcro

This sticks to the makeshift lexan velcro mount that I attached to the rear of the sliders

I think it's starting to look pretty good.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Forgot to post this running video from January

Old 04-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #104
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post

Now here's where I ran into some issues. The Enduro cab is longer than the BOM cab, so it pushes the rear cage back further.
The cage is about the same length as the stock Enduro bed, but the cage has sides that would interfere with the rear tires unless you lengthened the wheelbase.

So I just happened to have the GMADE BOM 324mm extended links. I may switch these out to other links eventually, but the length of these seems to work for what I want.

Another issue with running this cage is that it will not allow for having the shock hoops as it was created with a cantilever suspension in mind, so I had to use Boom Racing shock keys and change the orientation of the shocks.

I also had to use the Enduro yellow 2.47 lbs/in. springs to stiffen up the rear suspension due to the orientation of the shocks.
I have been following this closely and I am building something along the same lines with the GMADE cage but with a bit shorter body so I do not have to extend the wheelbase.

My shocks are binding against the shock keys and will not move. Are you using standoffs to get away from the binding issue? I would not think that the build kit shocks are larger in dia than the RTR.

Since I believe you have a GMADE BOM I was wondering if the cantilever set-up would work on the Element....
Callelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callelk View Post
I have been following this closely and I am building something along the same lines with the GMADE cage but with a bit shorter body so I do not have to extend the wheelbase.

My shocks are binding against the shock keys and will not move. Are you using standoffs to get away from the binding issue? I would not think that the build kit shocks are larger in dia than the RTR.

Since I believe you have a GMADE BOM I was wondering if the cantilever set-up would work on the Element....
I am using spacers. I think 4mm? Just use whatever spacers you have (or standoffs) to get them away from the shock towers and link mounts at the bottom.

I don't think the cantilever setup will work. The holes in the frame would need to line up with the cantilever brackets. I guess you could drill new holes if you wanted to.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #106
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I am using spacers. I think 4mm? Just use whatever spacers you have (or standoffs) to get them away from the shock towers and link mounts at the bottom.

I don't think the cantilever setup will work. The holes in the frame would need to line up with the cantilever brackets. I guess you could drill new holes if you wanted to.
Thanks I ended up just putting lock nuts with the nylon to the shock side and another thin washer against the shock mount to get to the 4mm you recommended and that solved my issue.

I was wondering how well the cantilever setup works as far as being bendy...............

Last edited by Callelk; 04-04-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Callelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:39 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

Soze I am very interested in this as I have a new Trailwalker RTR coming in this week. I have been following your information on the Sendero and the Capri as well. I am thinking about building another body for it as well as doing performance mods for the experience. Keep up the great work, or art I should say.
NCRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Another backlogged video of my run on March 1st. Just driving the Enduro out at El Modena Open Space Trail.
Almost made it all the way up when the rain started drizzling, making the trail a slippery muddy mess.
This was ok, until it really started pouring, and we all ran down the hill as fast as we could without slipping and cracking our heads open.

Last edited by soze; 05-08-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

This was my last run before all the lock-down madness! I distinctly remember making some incredible lines that day... only to find out... I DIDN'T GET IT ON VIDEO!!! Arrrrgh.
Sometimes when you're having too much fun pulling lines, you forget to record. Well enjoy what I did get on video, and I apologize beforehand for not lubing my drive-shafts to quiet down that rickety noise.
It's been an on-going joke that my rig is a rickety old wagon with all the squeakiness from the drive shafts.

Last edited by soze; 05-08-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:46 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Finally got the Enduro out again after over a month! Took it for a nice crawl at El Modena Open Space Trail.

Last edited by soze; 05-09-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:56 AM   #111
Go Buckeyes!

Sweet pics and videos soze!

I bet it felt great to get back out tiny truckin'! I looking forward to getting back out too!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:50 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

First time back at CDM with the Enduro in since the covid lockdowns started. It's been so long that I sort of forgot how to drive some of the lines there. Glad that CDM is open again for "active" use only.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Had a great time crawling with the Enduro on this day. The Enduro was just doing its best Spider-Man impersonation and making its way up everything!

I think I've got this rig really close to doing everything it can be doing without becoming a full-on comp crawler. The only real thing that might help further it along now are high clearance links.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:11 PM   #114
Gold Star Baby!

CDM is such a cool spot. Truck is looking real good Soze. I like the logos!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:24 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
CDM is such a cool spot. Truck is looking real good Soze. I like the logos!
It is cool, but you've got a great spot over there at the Calico basin as well!

I think as far as this truck goes... high clearance links... see if I can lower the body any more... and that's about it.

Anything else will be saved for the Enduro Builder's kit that I still have in the box.

BTW.... Mikesrch saw one of the shipments of Enduro Builder's kits at our local hobby shop. Apparently they're now shipping with the "hard plastics, but in black and not gray". This is unconfirmed, but it will be interesting if that's the case.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:34 AM   #116
Go Buckeyes!

Nice pics soze! I never get tired of seeing them great pics from CDM!

As TB mentioned, nice logo decals! I guess I never noticed them before. I like em!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:53 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Thought I had posted this, but I guess not...

My outing with the Enduro on 6/14 at CDM

Old 08-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

I had the rare chance to go out and crawl 3 days in a row! I thought I'd get a ton of footage, but it ended up being that I got sparse footage here and there across all 3 days, so I combined them into one video.

Last edited by soze; 08-14-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:32 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

My other rigs were in the garage getting work done, so I brought out "old faithful". This Element Enduro really is my go-to rig here at CDM. I still got to get those high clearance links on, because there are still a few lines out there I want to hit more consistently without a lot of finagling to get my rear links to clear.

Last edited by soze; 09-23-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Took the Element Enduro Sendero out for one more run at CDM before I start breaking it down and finally adding high clearance links among some other 3D printed parts that I designed.

Also tried out some new lines, and just had a fun time driving out there. Ran into Javier from IERC with his IERC Jr Team drivers! Those kids did pretty well. Was awesome seeing several power wagons decked out in IERC gear.

Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero picture archive- NO TALKING 1BadJeepBruiser Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 337 01-08-2024 09:20 PM
Soze adds a RedCat to the fleet - Gen8 Scout II soze Redcat Crawlers 48 05-19-2021 07:19 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR COMBOS in 2s Lipo & 3s Lipo- In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-26-2019 12:20 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM