Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.

Backlogged posts seem to be thing for me. I finally got around to installing the high clearance links and steering links and shock bushings from Club 5 Racing that I've had for over half a year now.

1. Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links (eBay)
2. Club 5 Racing Steering Links (eBay)
3. Club 5 Racing Shock Bushings (eBay)
4. REVolutionX Enduro Mid-Chassis Brace
5. REVolutionX IERC Bed Chassis Mount/Brace

Before we get to those Club 5 goodies, we'll talk about how I've been mounting my IERC Shorty bed to the chassis. As you can see below, you can see my rudimentary aluminum plate that I used to mount the shorty bed. It worked, but I was always wary of slicing my finger on any sharp edges of that sheet when picking up the rig even though I filed it down a little.

Now that I've gotten my 3D printer up and running, I was finally able to get a mount designed up for the IERC bed that works for both the Enduro and SCX10II.

While I was at it, I also designed a mid-chassis brace to work with the high clearance links.

Here's the mid-chassis brace and the IERC Bed mount all mounted up to the chassis.

The IERC shorty bed mounts up perfectly to the chassis using the mount.

At first I mounted up the Club 5 links the way they had it on their website. At first glance it seemed to work fine with no issues.

But... here's the issue. If you allow your suspension to cycle upwards more than the stock configuration, you will run into the links hitting each other at the bend if you only compress one side of the axle.

So I turned them around the other way, and realized that for the most part if I'm running 4.75 tires... I probably won't have any driveshaft issues even though it's really exposed.

You can't tell from the angle, but the links no longer hit when compressed on one side only.

I may consider lengthening the rear upper link to rotate the driveshaft upwards.

All in all though, I'm really happy with the high clearance links.

Here are the shock bushings. These should take some of the slop out of the shock mountings.

Installed on the rear...

Installed on the front...

On to the steering links

Panhard link

Drag link

Steering link

I seem to have forgotten to take pictures of the steering links mounted. I'll come back and edit this post later with pictures.

Last edited by soze; 09-24-2020 at 01:19 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2020, 06:17 AM   #122
Go Buckeyes!

Nice to see you got the Club5 goodies installed! It's too bad that the rear driveshaft is as exposed as it is, but lengthening the top links should take care of that.

Nice looking IERC bed mount/brace! Looks much better than the alum plate! Looks like your becoming a master at 3D designing and printing!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Had the chance to take a day off and just enjoy crawling my Element Enduro Sendero. It just rained recently so the rocks were nice and clean with good grip.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:26 AM   #124
Quarry Creeper

I have a Trailwalker sister/brother to that one. I switched the 1.55 tires to 1.9 Hyrax. Put a Jeep body on it. Changed the links to high clearance when one rod end broke. Added a servo winch. Installed the 12% overdrive gears that come with it. Upgraded the steering servo. I’m very happy it crawls fantastic for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptec View Post
I have a Trailwalker sister/brother to that one. I switched the 1.55 tires to 1.9 Hyrax. Put a Jeep body on it. Changed the links to high clearance when one rod end broke. Added a servo winch. Installed the 12% overdrive gears that come with it. Upgraded the steering servo. I’m very happy it crawls fantastic for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's very easy to get this rig crawling lines!
Old 08-20-2021, 12:18 AM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Had the chance to go do some hiking with family and friends on President's Day this year. Decided to take the Element Enduro Sendero along. Unfortunately didn't really have time to crawl as much as I wanted, but I was able to get some crawl time in.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:06 AM   #127
I wanna be Dave

Here's another video from my Borrego Springs trip. I ran the Enduro Sendero through the slot canyon. Pretty tight fit in some areas, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Old 11-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

It's been a while, but I finally took the Sendero out to the beach again. Man, I forgot what a goat this rig is! It was climbing up everything! It does great for a c-channel rig, and I'm now curious about building some flat rail rigs to see how they compare. Stay tuned?

If you haven't caught the recent vids on my Enduro Builder's Kit build series, then I'll let you guys know that build has me pretty excited as well. I'm trying some new things with it, and I'm anxious to see where it goes.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Had a chance to go to a new spot that I haven't gone to before. This spot is a little further from where I live, so I don't get to go out there often. I had a fun time trying out new lines, and I think I'll definitely go back in the future when I can.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #130
Rock Stacker

Soze, You've got some great locations to play in. I have got to find some spots closer to home. Great lookin' rig.
Doom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #131
Pebble Pounder

Any updates @soze ? Missing your epic pics of this rig
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:08 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
Any updates @soze ? Missing your epic pics of this rig
I haven't driven it in a while since I've been giving other rigs playtime, and this one is actually in need of a new body and maintenance.

I'll get it out after I paint up a new body probably, or at least do some maintenance on it.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:12 AM   #133
Go Buckeyes!

Looking forward to seeing the refresh!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero picture archive- NO TALKING 1BadJeepBruiser Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 337 01-08-2024 09:20 PM
Soze adds a RedCat to the fleet - Gen8 Scout II soze Redcat Crawlers 48 05-19-2021 07:19 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR COMBOS in 2s Lipo & 3s Lipo- In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-26-2019 12:20 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM