Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #81
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
I think the color is smashingly dodge and that bumper with fairlead makes it. I know knight customs has a dodge grill for these if you really wanted to complete the look. I think this and topher are my favorite rtr sendero bodies now. well done.
Hey thanks Duke! Great company to be considered with any of BMow’s builds.

Thanks Durok as well
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Enduro is looking good! You're making me re-think snagging the bumper off my Sawback 4LS lol.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #83
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Just...Wow...

That whole front end looks perfect, grille detailing, body paint, and bumper - I'm jealous!

I haven't done anything else to mine, been procrastinating and trying to decide which way to go with the details.
Thanks durok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
I think the color is smashingly dodge and that bumper with fairlead makes it. I know knight customs has a dodge grill for these if you really wanted to complete the look. I think this and topher are my favorite rtr sendero bodies now. well done.
Thanks Duke! I did have plans to get the Knight Customs grill when I first bought this, but after doctoring the stock grill with a little silver, I think I'm going to keep the stock grill for know. If I get another clear Enduro body I may get the KC's grill.

Between mine and Topher's, his is my favorite and wins for classic looks hands down! Thanks for liking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepilot View Post
That looks great!! I really like that bumper and skid too! keep up the great work brian!!
brian
Thanks Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I think I’ll be adding a set of those springs!

The kit oil in 30wt. I’ll grab some 40wt as well.

Thanks for being a great lab rat! 🐀

🤣
I was thinking it may have been 30w oil.

Lab rat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I remember when the Sendero was first released and I was ripping on the styling!

Now, I bought one and am falling all over myself in praise of how they look.

But - I still don't like 'em in the stock color...
I thought the same thing. After owning one now, I think the body looks great if they are painted with any color than gloss primer!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 AM   #84
Go Buckeyes!

I finally had a chance to take the Enduro out on it's first run. I didn't have a whole lot of time on Sunday, so I took it to a local park that had a creek and a few nice rocks to crawl on.

Enduro ran really fairly well. It is by far the lightest rig that I own, so it took a little bit of time to get used to the way it drove. Once I got a handle on it I was impressed with how well the suspension worked. The shocks are so smooth and it just seems to float over the rocks.

I was kinda worried about getting it wet, but I didn't have any electronic failures. It didn't go full submarine, but it did get a few good splashes on it. The inner fender wells did a great job of keeping most of the water outside of the body.

Here are a few pics I took. I'm hoping to get it back out on some real rocks and better terrain this coming weekend.

Name:  IMG_4387.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  185.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4388.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  186.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4389.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  182.0 KB
Old 09-10-2019, 09:44 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Nice! Looking good out there. The Enduro is capable of much more. Wait until you really start getting used to it.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Like.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #87
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Like.
x2

Glad you got some wheel time with it in BMow. Nice pics little river bed looks fun
Old 09-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #88
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Nice! Looking good out there. The Enduro is capable of much more. Wait until you really start getting used to it.
Thanks Soze!

Yeah, I can't wait to get it out on some "real" rocks. I'm hoping I can keep the Enduro light weight. It is a little more challenging to make the same lines my heavier rigs can take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Like.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
x2

Glad you got some wheel time with it in BMow. Nice pics little river bed looks fun
Thanks! Yeah, I'm starting to get withdrawls! It was nice to finally get it out for a quick run. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it and get a good feel on how it is going to handle.

The river bed was fun, but man it really beats up on the rigs! I much prefer a nice dry rocky terrain away from the water.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #89

Just wanted to let you know I love your truck! I have been into rc's for a few years, but just now getting into crawlers. I bought a RTR Element Enduro for my first one, and so far am thrilled with it and think I did OK for my first one. LOL Anyway, kinda using your truck as a "template" for what I hope mine will look like eventually ( although will never stack up ). Was wondering though what kind of wheels are those and where did u get them... been following your build, but didn't see any mention of the new wheels.
Thanks

Last edited by easynow; 10-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.
easynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:19 AM   #90
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easynow View Post
Just wanted to let you know I love your truck! I have been into rc's for a few years, but just now getting into crawlers. I bought a RTR Element Enduro for my first one, and so far am thrilled with it and think I did OK for my first one. LOL Anyway, kinda using your truck as a "template" for what I hope mine will look like eventually ( although will never stack up ). Was wondering though what kind of wheels are those and where did u get them... been following your build, but didn't see any mention of the new wheels.
Thanks
Hey thanks easy! I appreciate that!

Congrats on the Enduro purchase! These are great rigs right out of the box.

Glad you decided to use mine as a template. That is one of the reasons why I made this thread to give others ideas and tips on their Enduro.

There are other great build threads of the Enduro here on RCC and I would highly recommend checking them out as well. There are very talented builders and some fantastic Enduro builds here on RCC.

I picked up the wheels on Amazon. They are just a cheap set of Injora beadlocks. Here is a pic of them:

Name:  wheels.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  110.0 KB
Old 10-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #91
Go Buckeyes!

New “hard” Enduro axles from Beef Tubes have arrived!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
New “hard” Enduro axles from Beef Tubes have arrived!

Nice! Now do you have to take the locker and everything out of the stock axles and put them into the new beef tubes axles?

Do you have a scale to weigh the difference in weight between stock and beef tubes?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #93
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Nice! Now do you have to take the locker and everything out of the stock axles and put them into the new beef tubes axles?

Do you have a scale to weigh the difference in weight between stock and beef tubes?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yes, these are just the housings with the brass inserts.

I have a scale and will weigh them when I pull the stock axles out. I probably won’t have a chance to get to it till this weekend.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #94
Gold Star Baby!

Nice grab! So glad we’re seeing parts come out.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:42 AM   #95
SSD
RCC Addict

Quote:
I picked up the wheels on Amazon. They are just a cheap set of Injora beadlocks. Here is a pic of them:

Attachment 384104

So basically knock off SSD 1.9 Assassin wheels in all silver.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #96
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
So basically knock off SSD 1.9 Assassin wheels in all silver.
Yes, these are a cheap version of your awesome wheels. These were an extra set that I had laying in my spare parts bin. I was not happy with how the bead lock would not hold the tire on the stock wheels, so I installed these to replace the stock plastic wheels that came with the kit. These were put on for a temporary fix to get this rig out on the trail for its “first run”!

I do like the style of this type of wheel and my plan is to eventually get a set of your Assassins for this truck permanently.

It is sad to see Injora and other Chinese manufacturers copying you and other great companies in this hobby. This seems to be happening more and more these days.

I am a big fan of the products that you offer us in the tiny truck community and have always had great success with all of the products I have bought of yours in the past. I appreciate the time and effort you put into producing top notch products.

I am looking forward to the release of your knuckles, link mounts and diff covers for the Enduro and can’t wait to get them installed on my Enduro.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

SSD......
this bothers me big time.
Injora won’t give credit even, seems to me if you and VP carve a logo into wheels, it would be obvious of the cheaper copies. I have 3 sets of your wheels, in both 2.2 and 1.9, 5 of your axles, both diamond and AR44, and not one of those came with any logos or stickers.Yes you did send me some personally from UK, and I wear them proudly!
Up your marketing a bit, we will notice!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

I just read through your whole build thread Brian. Love the thoughtful and methodical approach you took with upgrades. The truck also looks fantastic! I'm diggin the Green! Geeeshhhhh, just when I think I know what rig I want to purchase for my Winter build! I've gone back and forth about 18 times now between the Enduro, a Capra, a 1.9 Wraith, and there' still something about the G-Made BOM. Anyway, after reading through your post I'm really back on to the Enduro!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #99
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I just read through your whole build thread Brian. Love the thoughtful and methodical approach you took with upgrades. The truck also looks fantastic! I'm diggin the Green! Geeeshhhhh, just when I think I know what rig I want to purchase for my Winter build! I've gone back and forth about 18 times now between the Enduro, a Capra, a 1.9 Wraith, and there' still something about the G-Made BOM. Anyway, after reading through your post I'm really back on to the Enduro!
Hey, thanks walsh!

The Enduro is a great rig and has been a blast building and tweeking on! I've only had a chance to take it out one time since I built it, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

Yeah, the green wasn't exactly what I was aiming for and ended up being a pain in the a$$, but in the end it turned pretty good. I've been debating on getting the Enduro rear Utility Bed Cage, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those for your winter build. I almost picked up the 1.9 Wraith when it first came out, but held off on that. I already have a partially built 1.9 Wraith pieced together with odds and ends parts that I have been collecting. It is about half way done but has been shoved to the side with all the other builds that I've done this year.

I have yet to get a G-Made BOM and I like what I have seen so far from others builds on here. That might be a "next year" build unless something else grabs my attention!

As for the Capra, it will be my winter build for this year. I hoping to pick one of them up in a couple weeks. I have already started to gather parts of for it and the first batch of parts will be here tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get back on to the rest of the upgrades I have planned for the Enduro this weekend. Since it sounds like the weather here in Ohio is going to be wet, cold & windy, that will give me an excuse to spend some time at my workbench!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey, thanks walsh!

The Enduro is a great rig and has been a blast building and tweeking on! I've only had a chance to take it out one time since I built it, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

Yeah, the green wasn't exactly what I was aiming for and ended up being a pain in the a$$, but in the end it turned pretty good. I've been debating on getting the Enduro rear Utility Bed Cage, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those for your winter build. I almost picked up the 1.9 Wraith when it first came out, but held off on that. I already have a partially built 1.9 Wraith pieced together with odds and ends parts that I have been collecting. It is about half way done but has been shoved to the side with all the other builds that I've done this year.

I have yet to get a G-Made BOM and I like what I have seen so far from others builds on here. That might be a "next year" build unless something else grabs my attention!

As for the Capra, it will be my winter build for this year. I hoping to pick one of them up in a couple weeks. I have already started to gather parts of for it and the first batch of parts will be here tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get back on to the rest of the upgrades I have planned for the Enduro this weekend. Since it sounds like the weather here in Ohio is going to be wet, cold & windy, that will give me an excuse to spend some time at my workbench!

10-4! I think it's gonna be the Enduro or the Capra - possibly both. Speaking of work bench time, I spent about a day last week just cleaning up, organizing and trying to make room for a new rig or 2. I really probably should sell a couple off, but idk which one I'd want to part with! Between all the rigs, spare parts, and a ridiculous amount of wheel/tire sets, something's gotta give!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

B-MOW's Enduro Journey! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Journey of SMP TAT76 Axial SCX10 II 57 03-08-2021 06:08 AM
My trx-4 journey dittohead Traxxas TRX-4 6 08-05-2017 10:42 PM
Mammoth's journey to the berg mammoth EnRoute Berg 42 04-23-2015 07:51 AM
I seen Journey last night... Kamikaze Chit Chat 8 08-09-2008 01:47 AM