Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #161
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsfan25 View Post
I wish I could find just the box. If you find one let me know
Will do.

I don't know that I've ever seen just the box for sale or for free. I'm sure there's somebody out there that has no use for them. I'll keep my eyes peeled!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2022, 06:24 AM   #162
Go Buckeyes!

The Enduro is back in the garage. It's been sitting idle for over a year now and it's time to get it refreshed and trail ready!

Big thanks to @Phyro and @Goro Majima for re-sparking my search for the HPI FJ Cruiser clear body. I've been searching for one with no luck for awhile now.

By dumb luck, I clicked on RPP's website to see if they even sold HPI items, and to my surprise they had a brand new clear FJ body in stock! I quickly thru it in my cart and checked out before they became unicorns again!

Name:  IMG_9384 (2).jpg
Views: 393
Size:  180.0 KB

I've always been a big fan of the Voodoo Blue, so I may go with this classic paint scheme. After a little research on Amazon, I found a set of wheels that are similar to the ones on this 1:1. And seeing that it is rocking my favorite tires, I'll be getting a set of them too!

Name:  IMG_9329 (2).jpg
Views: 397
Size:  176.2 KB

More to come in the near future! Stay tuned!
Old 08-23-2022, 06:29 AM   #163
RCC Addict

Very cool Brian

If I’m not mistaken the SSD prospects are similar to those wheels also…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:19 AM   #164
Rock Crawler

Ooo switching up the body! Also a big thanks back to you for mentioning the FJ body since mine is on the way.

Still feels unreal to see a few builds going on starting with clear FJ Cruiser bodies.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:15 AM   #165
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Very cool Brian

If I’m not mistaken the SSD prospects are similar to those wheels also…

Thanks!

Yes, just checked out the SSD Prospects. They do look identical to these on the 1:1. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Ooo switching up the body! Also a big thanks back to you for mentioning the FJ body since mine is on the way.

Still feels unreal to see a few builds going on starting with clear FJ Cruiser bodies.
Your welcome, no problem! Glad to hear you got one before they disappeared!

It is cool to see builds with a clear version of the FJ. Hopefully the clear body will be available in the future. I need another one!
Old 08-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Man, I might have to follow your lead on the FJ Cruiser build. I've had the body sitting here for a while. Was planning to do a 4runner, but this might have to come first. decisions decisions.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 11:23 PM   #167
Rock Crawler

The FJ body is now out of stock at RPP. Good choice on scoring one!
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:28 AM   #168
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Man, I might have to follow your lead on the FJ Cruiser build. I've had the body sitting here for a while. Was planning to do a 4runner, but this might have to come first. decisions decisions.
I hear ya! I was going to use the FJ body on my unopened GK Kit, but figured I'd inject some new life into my OG Enduro. Love the look of the FJ and can't wait to get'er done! The 4Runner body is on my list to do this winter. It may find it's way on my GK Kit. Unsure if I want to do 4Runner hardbody or lexan. Like you said...decisions, decisions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
The FJ body is now out of stock at RPP. Good choice on scoring one!
Thanks! Yeah, I saw that! I got lucky! They probably didn't last very long after my purchase! Fingers crossed that there will be more in the future!
Old 08-30-2022, 06:41 AM   #169
Go Buckeyes!

Spent some time in the garage last night getting the FJ mounted to the Enduro. I wasn't exactly sure where to make holes for the body mounts. The front body post hole dimples in the hood of the clear body did not exactly line up with my body post in the Samix shock towers.

Did my best to line up the tires in the wheel wells. I took a few notes from @Phyro's FJ Runner build thread to see where his body was sitting. Thanks @Phyro for the great pics!

The HPI Venture uses a different style of rear body mount that mounts closer to the rear of the body. There are dimples in the clear body, but since I'm using an Element rear body post in the rear Samix shock towers, they did not line up with the dimples. Had to make my own holes up under the roof rack. Hopefully the rack won't interfere with putting the body clips.

*FYI, pay no attention to the front bumper. It'll be coming off and replaced with a bumper the fits the FJ Cruiser body. Also, the wheels and tires were stolen off of my GSpeed VS4-10 so that I could get and idea of the size and where to place the body. New wheels are on order and still deciding on if I want to get a new set of OG 1.9 Rock Beast or a different set of tires.

Name:  IMG_9671 (2).jpg
Views: 326
Size:  181.2 KB

Took off the inner fenders that were on the Enduro for the Sendero body. Trimmed them to fit inside the FJ Cruiser body. Had to take off roughly 5mm off of the sides and then cut to fit the contours of the inside of the body. Didn't turn out too bad. I may have to trim a tad off of the front of the front inner fender for the front light buckets later when I install the lights.

Name:  IMG_9673 (2).jpg
Views: 306
Size:  182.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9674 (2).jpg
Views: 314
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9675 (2).jpg
Size:  119.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9676 (2).jpg
Views: 313
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9677 (2).jpg
Views: 315
Size:  113.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9678 (2).jpg
Views: 313
Size:  136.1 KB

And the final pics with the body installed and the fender flares cut to fit. Forgot to mention that I left the Element 3D printed engine in. I had to lower the air cleaner a bit so that the body would sit low enough in the front. The air cleaner clears the hood by about 2-3mm, but should be ok and not rub once the body is in position.

I know the engine and radiator won't be seen once the body is painted, but as it sits now, the engine and radiator sit in the perfect position and looks great sitting in there. Maybe down the road I'll cut the hood to make it open and close.

Name:  IMG_9679 (2).jpg
Size:  182.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9680 (2).jpg
Views: 320
Size:  113.9 KB
Old 08-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

Looking good so far BMOW . I just got my inner fenders this weekend. Glad to see that they line up well with the body.

I was able find a light bucket and LED kit for the body. Powershift RC makes a kit that is still available. Amain still had them in stock even. Just need to search up HPI venture instead.

I am going to do magnets for the mount on mine.

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:30 PM   #171
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
Looking good so far BMOW . I just got my inner fenders this weekend. Glad to see that they line up well with the body.

I was able find a light bucket and LED kit for the body. Powershift RC makes a kit that is still available. Amain still had them in stock even. Just need to search up HPI venture instead.

I am going to do magnets for the mount on mine.

Thanks! Yeah, the inner fenders do work out great! Element did a great on their design so that the are more like a universal fit for most bodies.

I did pickup the Powershift RC light kit from Amain last week. It is a nice kit which includes 3D printed light buckets. I'll post up pics of the kit when I get them installed.

I thought about magnet mounts, but just decided to use the body clips. The rear mounts is hidden nicely under the roof rack and the front I'll try to hide with a piece of vinyl. More on that later!
Old 08-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #172
RCC Addict

The body looks great on there Brian. Glad to see you getting back to working on rigs!

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:08 AM   #173
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
The body looks great on there Brian. Glad to see you getting back to working on rigs!

Thanks!

With the summer winding down and adult life things slowing down, I'm hoping from now on I'll be able to spend more time in my happy place, aka hobby room!
Old 08-31-2022, 09:39 AM   #174
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

With the summer winding down and adult life things slowing down, I'm hoping from now on I'll be able to spend more time in my happy place, aka hobby room!
I have been enjoying the FJ cruiser builds. Nice find

I hear ya on the season change. I haven't been at the bench since spring outside of essential repairs. Summer seems to be the season of bending and breaking, winter the season of building and repairing. I have unfinished projects and bent bumpers that I look forward to..
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:22 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

fitment is great ... already know this is going to be great as always.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #176
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have been enjoying the FJ cruiser builds. Nice find

I hear ya on the season change. I haven't been at the bench since spring outside of essential repairs. Summer seems to be the season of bending and breaking, winter the season of building and repairing. I have unfinished projects and bent bumpers that I look forward to..
Thanks smog! Yeah, me too, the FJ Cruiser's that I've been seeing lately really got me wanting one. I never expected to find one of the clear bodies so soon, but glad I did!

Same here! Work, family activities, grass mowing and etc. has kept my busy and haven't had much tiny truck time. So glad life is slowing down and I can get back to tinkering with the rigs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
fitment is great ... already know this is going to be great as always.
Thanks Speedy! This body does fit the Enduro chassis very well! Just like it was made for it!
Old 09-08-2022, 06:49 AM   #177
Go Buckeyes!

Update. Had plans on applying paint to the FJ over the Labor Day weekend, but Mother Nature had other plans for me. The monsoonal rains and Amazonian like humidity kept me inside the house.

So plan B was to fire up the 3D printer and get some stuff printed. I headed over to Cults 3D and downloaded the printable interior for the HPI FJ Cruiser body. Thanks to @Goro Majima for leading me in the right direction to find the interior.

I printed the dash, door panels and center console, but decided not to print out floorboards and side walls at this time. This interior is designed to fit onto the HPI Venture chassis that has the forward mounted motor. Since I'm using the Element Enduro with the Stealth transmission, the interior will not fit around the Stealth trans as it is.

Not sure yet on how to work around the Stealth trans, so some more planning needs to be done on the install. I've been debating on getting the Artful Dodgers Fox Belly trans mount to help free up some space so that the interior console and seats have more room to be mounted.

Side note. I normally print in Dynamic mode and get really good looking prints on my Ender 3 Pro. To save some time on these prints, I decided to use the Standard print mode. It saved a few hours on the prints, but the quality and smoothness is noticeable. I'll make these prints work, but lesson learned and will be using the Dynamic mode from here on out! Luckily these prints will be hidden inside the body and after I apply paint to them, I'm hoping they will look better than they do now.

Name:  IMG_9709 (2).jpg
Views: 237
Size:  178.8 KB
Old 09-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Update. Had plans on applying paint to the FJ over the Labor Day weekend, but Mother Nature had other plans for me. The monsoonal rains and Amazonian like humidity kept me inside the house.

So plan B was to fire up the 3D printer and get some stuff printed. I headed over to Cults 3D and downloaded the printable interior for the HPI FJ Cruiser body. Thanks to @Goro Majima for leading me in the right direction to find the interior.

I printed the dash, door panels and center console, but decided not to print out floorboards and side walls at this time. This interior is designed to fit onto the HPI Venture chassis that has the forward mounted motor. Since I'm using the Element Enduro with the Stealth transmission, the interior will not fit around the Stealth trans as it is.

Not sure yet on how to work around the Stealth trans, so some more planning needs to be done on the install. I've been debating on getting the Artful Dodgers Fox Belly trans mount to help free up some space so that the interior console and seats have more room to be mounted.

Side note. I normally print in Dynamic mode and get really good looking prints on my Ender 3 Pro. To save some time on these prints, I decided to use the Standard print mode. It saved a few hours on the prints, but the quality and smoothness is noticeable. I'll make these prints work, but lesson learned and will be using the Dynamic mode from here on out! Luckily these prints will be hidden inside the body and after I apply paint to them, I'm hoping they will look better than they do now.

Attachment 400970

I was also going to attempt to paint my FJ body over Labor Day as well. The weekend’s weather would have been perfect here, but money was the problem instead. Hoping to paint mine this weekend.

Got any ideas for paint yet?

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Very awesome!!! Ill be hitting you up about where you found those files if I can find one of those bodies for not 150 on ebay lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #180
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyro View Post
I was also going to attempt to paint my FJ body over Labor Day as well. The weekend’s weather would have been perfect here, but money was the problem instead. Hoping to paint mine this weekend.

Got any ideas for paint yet?

I like blue so the plan is to carbon copy this...or get it as close as I can! Matching the bumpers is what is now got me stumped at the moment! I have the wheels, just need to grab another set of OG Rock Beast.

Name:  IMG_9329.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  176.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9334.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  175.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Very awesome!!! Ill be hitting you up about where you found those files if I can find one of those bodies for not 150 on ebay lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I'm hoping that HPI is going to finally start stocking these again and start shipping these out to Amain and RPP. Fingers crossed! I'd like to have another one of these whenever they do.

Check out cults3D.com for the interior. I searched HPI Venture FJ Cruiser and it popped right up.

B-MOW's Enduro Journey! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Journey of SMP TAT76 Axial SCX10 II 57 03-08-2021 06:08 AM
My trx-4 journey dittohead Traxxas TRX-4 6 08-05-2017 10:42 PM
Mammoth's journey to the berg mammoth EnRoute Berg 42 04-23-2015 07:51 AM
I seen Journey last night... Kamikaze Chit Chat 8 08-09-2008 01:47 AM