Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #141
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's Enduro Journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Very cool. Those Rock Beasts are the perfect size tire for that truck.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I've found that these tires are the perfect size for most of my rigs. They fit the wheel openings really well and have a great scale look to them.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #142
Go Buckeyes!

I completely forgot to add the pics of the winch servo that I installed before the last run!

I had an extra servo winch that I had built for my VS4-10 Origin, so I installed it in the Enduro.

Name:  IMG_4965 (2).jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  141.1 KB

I mounted the servo winch on top of the servo plate so that the spool would clear the links. At full compression, the spool clears the links nicely!

Name:  IMG_4966 (2).jpg
Views: 999
Size:  134.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4967 (2).jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  121.2 KB

I used the stock Reedy ESC to power the winch. I made an aluminum bracket to mount it to. I stood it up on its side so that it would clear the body.

I used the Hobbywing 1080 ESC that was previously being used as a winch controller to replace the stock ESC. The HW 1080 is by far a much better ESC with smoother start ups and is programmable. The HW 1080 is my goto ESC for all of my brushed rigs. They also make for a great winch controller too!

Name:  IMG_4968 (2).jpg
Views: 996
Size:  139.1 KB

I also made an aluminum bracket that I bolted to the battery tray to attach all of the wiring to. It is bent to lay right above the transmission. I was having problems with the wiring falling down near the driveshaft. Problem solved!

Name:  IMG_4969 (2).jpg
Views: 999
Size:  169.3 KB
Old 04-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #143
Rock Stacker

This is a great build thread from start to finish. I want to buy upgrade parts for the Trailwalker that I havent even received yet! I have to do the inner fenders as one of the first upgrades. I agree that your scale photos just enhance the already awesome build.
NCRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:18 AM   #144
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRon View Post
This is a great build thread from start to finish. I want to buy upgrade parts for the Trailwalker that I havent even received yet! I have to do the inner fenders as one of the first upgrades. I agree that your scale photos just enhance the already awesome build.
Thank you!

Looking forward to see what you do with your Trailwalker!
Old 04-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #145

Can see that you have choosen SSD aluminium link mounts. Why not the brass version instead?

Im putting together a kit, and ordering parts as we speak.
Beeftubes, SSD knuckles and C hubs, Samix shock mounts front and rear with stiffener plates, and now deciding on link mounts from SSD. Alu Vs Brass.

Might go for some aluminium chassis braces front and rear also. Steering servo would benefit from that i think.

And then i got my eyes on the Club5 Husky Link" Hi-Clearance Suspension Links, made from stainless Steel. But i am bit in doubt. Could also go for a Hi-clearance titanium set instead.

Any thoughts on the parts choice?
BrickBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:59 PM   #146
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBait View Post
Can see that you have choosen SSD aluminium link mounts. Why not the brass version instead?

Im putting together a kit, and ordering parts as we speak.
Beeftubes, SSD knuckles and C hubs, Samix shock mounts front and rear with stiffener plates, and now deciding on link mounts from SSD. Alu Vs Brass.

Might go for some aluminium chassis braces front and rear also. Steering servo would benefit from that i think.

And then i got my eyes on the Club5 Husky Link" Hi-Clearance Suspension Links, made from stainless Steel. But i am bit in doubt. Could also go for a Hi-clearance titanium set instead.

Any thoughts on the parts choice?
First off, congrats on getting the kit! These are great rigs with a lot of aftermarket support available!

I chose the alum SSD link mounts because I normally run the alum on all of my rigs. Since I added the Beef Tube axles with brass inserts and the SSD brass knuckles, I didn't think I really needed the brass link mounts. I really don't think that adding the brass link mounts would make that much of a difference IMO. As my rig sits now, it is very stable and crawls really well with the weight I have on it.

I would definitely recommend alum chassis braces. They will help stiffen up the chassis. I don't like my chassis to flex. The Samix shock towers are a must. They will also help to stiffen up the chassis and the alum panhard mount will help out also.

I like your idea of the Hi-Clearance links. That is on my list of upgrades in the future. I run stainless steel links on my other rigs and am very happy with them. The stainless steel slides very well over rocks.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #147

Sounds like im on the right path regarding parts. Still many things to have a look at. Driveshafts. Outdrives. Pivot balls, shocks, and the list keeps on goin.
Its difficult to determine what's needed, what's nice to have, and what's a total waste of money. I am going All in on performance and durability.

What are your thoughts on the Samix Enduro Front Aluminum Bumper Mount (with adjustable servo mount) and Aluminum Forward Adjustable Battery Tray?
I like the idea of the parts together and what they offer to the rig.

But i can see that you run the STRC Servo Mount with mounts for both steering and winch servos.
How come you choose that setup instead of a external winch and steering servo further upfront?

Last edited by BrickBait; 04-26-2020 at 01:13 PM.
BrickBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #148
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBait View Post
What are your thoughts on the Samix Enduro Front Aluminum Bumper Mount (with adjustable servo mount) and Aluminum Forward Adjustable Battery Tray?
I like the idea of the parts together and what they offer to the rig.

But i can see that you run the STRC Servo Mount with mounts for both steering and winch servos.
How come you choose that setup instead of a external winch and steering servo further upfront?
The Samix front bumper mount and the battery tray look nice, but I wanted to keep the battery in the stock position so that I could run the servo winch beside the steering servo. It is a great place to put the servo winch and much easier than trying to find another place to mount it.

I have tried external winches in the past and they just do not last very long. I have great luck with servo winches and run them in all of my rigs.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:35 AM   #149
Go Buckeyes!

Element RC continues to impress! They recently released a scale engine designed for the Enduro Sendero. It is free to download on their website or it can be purchased on Shapeways.

Aaron from Element RC said that an IFS version of the engine is in the works and will be available for download or purchase later on. Though this engine can be modified to fit.

Here is a look at the pieces printed. They printed great and fast!

Name:  IMG_5076.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  159.2 KB

I had to 3D print a spacer for the driver side/steering servo. I added fake spark plug holes so that it didn't look so plain. Since I am running a servo winch and had to mount it on top of the servo plate, the servos were not level. This was my very first design on Fushion 360. I don't think it came out too bad!

Name:  IMG_5066.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5069.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  83.7 KB

I made a thermostat housing so that I could run a hose to the radiator. This was only my second attempt at Fushion 360 and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it!

Name:  IMG_5068.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5070.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  90.7 KB

And here is the engine set in the chassis. I used a paint pen to add some chrome to the valve covers, air cleaner and timing belt cover. Also added an oil fill cap and breather plug on the valve covers. I ended up cutting a piece of motor wire and pulling out the wire to make a coolant hose.

I also used one of my Trailwalker wheel nut caps to make a distributor cap. I took this idea from Elements pic and I think it looks fairly close to the real thing! I may add some spark plug wires later on to make it look more scale.

Instead of using the radiator that I printed out of gray, I decided to print one out of black and paint the radiator fins chrome.

Name:  IMG_5072.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5073.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5074.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5075.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  124.2 KB
Old 06-02-2020, 03:58 AM   #150
Rock Stacker

Looks great and you did an awesome job on the additional pieces as well.
NCRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:31 AM   #151
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRon View Post
Looks great and you did an awesome job on the additional pieces as well.
Thanks! I appreciate it!

In case anybody wants the thermo housing that I made for, it is now up on Thingiverse. Once I figure out how to add a link for it here I'll post it up.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #152

The thermostat housing is perfect. :thumbsup:

Here's the thermostat housing link on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4413319
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #153
Slow is the new Fast

Nice build B! Your attention to detail is dialed, the wiring and mods are all fitting beautifully. That sucka is Clean, clean, clean.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Absolutely STUPENDOUS!

In particular, I really like how the radiator came out...
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #155
Gold Star Baby!

Awesome work B! You really did a great job, as always, with the detail.

Love that element rc is out there adding things like this (and paper craft scale boxes) to the community for free.99.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #156
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The thermostat housing is perfect. :thumbsup:

Here's the thermostat housing link on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4413319
Thanks Jato! And thanks for posting the link to Thingiverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Nice build B! Your attention to detail is dialed, the wiring and mods are all fitting beautifully. That sucka is Clean, clean, clean.
Thanks smog!

It's clean, clean, clean cause I seem to never have time to take it out to get it dirty! I'll have to work on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Absolutely STUPENDOUS!

In particular, I really like how the radiator came out...
Thanks durok! I thought it would be easier to print in black and then add the silver. I had printed it in gray first, but that would have been more work to paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Awesome work B! You really did a great job, as always, with the detail.

Love that element rc is out there adding things like this (and paper craft scale boxes) to the community for free.99.
Thanks TB!

Element really is making themselves known in a hurry with all the goodies that they keep releasing. Just their 1st year into it and they have produced some great rigs. My Enduro has become one of my favorites in my garage! It just works so damn good for being as simple as it is!
Old 03-17-2022, 09:23 AM   #157
Go Buckeyes!

It's been awhile since the Enduro's been out of the garage. Hoping to get some cleaning and maintenance done on it soon. Also, looking to make an appointment with the body shop to get a new paint job on it too.

Shooting for late Spring/early Summer to have it ready for the trails again!

Name:  IMG_5022 (2).jpg
Views: 400
Size:  156.2 KB
Old 04-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #158
Rock Stacker

Very nice build B-MOW. I have got to get one of these 1/10 scale garages I keep seeing.
Volsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #159
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsfan25 View Post
Very nice build B-MOW. I have got to get one of these 1/10 scale garages I keep seeing.
Hey thanks Volsfan!

These garages from Element RC are getting harder to find since some of these are now obsolete. Better grab one when you can! They do make for a nice cheap and easy way to add scale realism to any picture.
Old 04-01-2022, 04:43 PM   #160
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Hey thanks Volsfan!

These garages from Element RC are getting harder to find since some of these are now obsolete. Better grab one when you can! They do make for a nice cheap and easy way to add scale realism to any picture.
I wish I could find just the box. If you find one let me know
Volsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote

B-MOW's Enduro Journey! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Journey of SMP TAT76 Axial SCX10 II 57 03-08-2021 06:08 AM
My trx-4 journey dittohead Traxxas TRX-4 6 08-05-2017 10:42 PM
Mammoth's journey to the berg mammoth EnRoute Berg 42 04-23-2015 07:51 AM
I seen Journey last night... Kamikaze Chit Chat 8 08-09-2008 01:47 AM