Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Shinchu got one too!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Shinchu got one too!!!

Thanks everyone!
The axial stuff didnt fit perfect but it was about 99% good enough for me. Took a lot of fanagling with the lenses. If you do it, save yourself from the struggles I had and just cut the two little pegs off the back.

I was curious and popped the 1.55 wheels on from my barrage.
Gearhead wheels with pitbull growlers.
And I should have done the front before installing lights, but I shot the rear bumper with bedliner in a can. Looks way better and not all plasticity.
Sorry I dont have pics up of that stuff yet, tinypic is not cooperating for a couple days now.

Also got a new trail spot I found a few minutes from my house with a nice little creek and some shade.
Need to fab a gopro mount to my TX and get some footage. I did manage one quick vid of Andrew crossing the Creek with his ascender. Just need to post it on that truck's thread.

But the Enduro drove GREAT! Even with the stock pinion I just took it easy and its super smooth. I can see why people want weight on the axles though. I had the extra weight of the servo winch up front and that did some good, but I hope to get some ssd brake drum weights soon.

Next things I have planned is bedliner front bumper and... Well the bed I suppose lol and wire up the lights and servo winch.
Such fun!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I don't know if your TX will work with this, but this is what I use on my TX for GoPro.

Smatree Ajustable Jaws Flex Clamp Mount 13.4" Gooseneck Extension

I'll take a picture and show you how I have it mounted.

Last edited by soze; 07-08-2019 at 12:07 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Oh wow thats great! Thanks soze!
*like*
Old 07-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Like.

Did I miss where the amber lights came from?
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
The bumper looks good with the lights in it. It's cool that the Axial lens and led holders work on these too!

Um, I didn't think about picking up a smaller pinion. Glad you mentioned that. Luckily I still have some of my 30 year old pinions from my offroad days! Just so happens I have a 14T pinion!

Attachment 382229

I have 2 of the Paragon holders loaded with pinions from 9 on up!!
Also a bunch of 64 pitch I used for oval racing.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Like.

Did I miss where the amber lights came from?
Axial aux light bucket parts tree. i don't have a part number but i can track it down in a couple seconds...

*GOOGLE POWERS ACTIVATE*

...a few moments later...

*POOF!*
Part Number: AX80045
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax80045.htm

;)
Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Ah, very cool. I was going to order one anyway - Blazer driving lights are trashed, silverado getting a new body and needs headlights, and there's still an extra set for the Enduro.

I got a Proline universal light set, but it doesn't have the little keepers that hold the led's into the sockets. What were they thinking??

Old 07-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

looks to mee the screws protrude over the very edge of the LED just enough to not need a cap. (maybe give a dab of black E600 to prevent light leak out the back?)
yeah not ideal, but it should work.
i DO like those rear corner buckets from the proline set. would be nice for the taillights on the enduro body.

order that axial set too, they are great to have around! i made a set of brake lights for Andrew's chebby ascender. still need to wire those up...
Old 07-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #29
RCC Addict

That must be it!
Old 07-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Tinypic has stopped acting a fool!

Gearhead 1.55 wheels with pitbull growlers I borrowed of the barrage for a test fit. Eh?

And both andrew and I made it up this nearly vertical slab at our new spot I found by my house. My Enduro's first outting was awesome!!!

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Tinypic has stopped acting a fool!

Gearhead 1.55 wheels with pitbull growlers I borrowed of the barrage for a test fit. Eh?

And both andrew and I made it up this nearly vertical slab at our new spot I found by my house. My Enduro's first outting was awesome!!!

Nice to find a test area close to your house, and I thinnnk I recognize those tires and wheels they look good on your truck!!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 07-09-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

yeah its really neat except for bugs but i have some OFF for that. but its nicely shaded and just enough terrain for testing.
and yes those wheels found their way to me via a very kind gentleman and have been put to good use on a couple rigs now, and maybe another in the future...? very fitting... i'll just leave this here... ;)

i know, i know, WHEEELBASE. i'm working on it... maybe just push the body forward somehow. it will expose the spur gear cover and the sliders wont be centered on the cab but... i don't want to screw up the front geometry by shortening links.
we'll see. typical shinchu "work in progress" type idea thing.
*oh and i think next on the list for me will be inner fenders and maybe a dodge grill since i cant seem to figure out the above just yet...

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-12-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah its really neat except for bugs but i have some OFF for that. but its nicely shaded and just enough terrain for testing.
and yes those wheels found their way to me via a very kind gentleman and have been put to good use on a couple rigs now, and maybe another in the future...? very fitting... i'll just leave this here... ;)

i know, i know, WHEEELBASE. i'm working on it... maybe just push the body forward somehow. it will expose the spur gear cover and the sliders wont be centered on the cab but... i don't want to screw up the front geometry by shortening links.
*oh and i think next on the list for me will be inner fenders and maybe a dodge grill since i cant seem to figure out the above just yet...
I couldn't figure out a way for that cage to work, but I should have pictures coming soon of what I worked out.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #34
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:

I like it! Oh, them wheels, nice!

And I like the test area too!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Another victim of tinypic...

I might try fixing this thread with imgur. It wont be as tedious as my 79 ford ascender thread, but still not sure when I will get around to fixing all this. Been super busy lately. Tyler turned 1 today! Going camping this weekend and taking the trucks, so gotta spin wrenches tonight to double check the rigs before we pull chocks after lunch time tomorrow.

I hope to have some pics in here at least from that trip!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:34 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Try flickr. Its free for up to 1000 fotos. You can create album, share links for pictures in different link types etc. great platform. And no worries about pictures disappearing except you delete them.

check my profile if you want to have a look how it is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gt5_meisterschaft/

Last edited by GrimmTheTourist; 09-27-2019 at 08:37 AM.
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Yeah in the end I just went Flickr pro. I like their interface and I didn't want to deal with pictures crapping out anymore.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #38
Go Buckeyes!

Sorry to hear Soze! Hopefully you can get the pictures back up!

I've been using Tapatalk for awhile now and have not had any problems. I also donated $20 here and can download pics with ease from this website.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Another victim of tinypic...

I might try fixing this thread with imgur. It wont be as tedious as my 79 ford ascender thread, but still not sure when I will get around to fixing all this. Been super busy lately. Tyler turned 1 today! Going camping this weekend and taking the trucks, so gotta spin wrenches tonight to double check the rigs before we pull chocks after lunch time tomorrow.

I hope to have some pics in here at least from that trip!
Hey Chris, been trying to get in touch, but your inbox is full. We are in San Diego until Monday would really like to see you guys.

Ernie
Old 10-30-2019, 06:39 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Any chance of getting the pics back in this topic?
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote

Shinchu got one too!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shinchu possibly building MONSTERS??? Shinchu Mega/Monster Trucks 0 02-06-2018 10:46 AM