Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Shinchu got one too!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2020, 01:54 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Shinchu got one too!!!

yikes.

yeah tinypic finally followed its parent company photobucket into the land of no free hosting.
this thread will be easier to fix than my ascender thread. i think that's like 25 pages long and riddled with pics linked from tinypic.

sorry for the bad update. i made a hosting account somewhere, even tested it out. but now for the life of me i cant remember where...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

got me sum'o tham inner fenders... time to shake up that can of bed liner!
waiting on interior to show up.
i had something in there but found a better use for it elsewhere.
still need to wire up some lights though. night crawl at proline sucked last time when my headlights went out on the ford. (typical ford?)

pics "soon-ish"?
Old 07-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

And she was born on the 4th of July...

@CODYBOY I told you I would find use for this body later. Finally got it figured out by moving the sliders forward on the frame. Then the ascender cage just plopped right into place!
More detail work to come but here are some glams in the meantime...

Shot of how the cage just nuzzled right in there.
And yes thats also an ascender fuel cell between the shock towers. Helps reduce the see-througheyness of a rear cage.

I'm not 100% sure about the current wheel/tire combo, but it will do for now.
If I get something a little smaller, I could lower the bumper a tad (its currently running the rear mount flipped for height) and bring the body down (currently on highest post setting)
But it clears without rubbing anywhere.
Sorry no flex shot but you get the idea...

Okay, okay...

FLEXXXXXX!!!!!!1!MURICA

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Lookin' good, Shinchu!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:27 PM   #45
Gold Star Baby!

Looks great bro! Love the two tone and the overall scheme. Nailed it.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:41 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Looks great man! You got me thinking if I should use that spare Ascender cage I have for my son's Enduro.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:26 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Thanks you guys.
I cant take credit for the paint though. That was all Ernie. He was working on an ascender with a rear lateral link instead of 4 link. Through a pretty incredible sreies of events, that truck now belongs to my son. But my son is more of a Chevy guy so the ford body was just sitting and waiting for today.

So as a tribute back to ernie it now wears the ledbetter racing logo on the doors.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Got her out to the backyard proving grounds...

Andrew got out with his ascender too but its still having transfer case issues. Front output shaft is slipping inside the gear. Gotta blow it apart and see if I can tighten it down better.
But the fordero is a BEAST!!!

Gonna see if I can still use the sendero inner fender set with this body. Got an idea for interior too (3/4 depth). maybe a new grill?
And lights. Gotta have lights!

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-08-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:13 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Nice

Is that the Ascender Tranny thats slipping? Could it be a loose set screw on the flat of the shaft?
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #50
Go Buckeyes!

Good looking rig!

How do you like the tires? Mine did fairly well on it’s first outing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

The transfer case yes seems to be the grub screw on the flat inside the box on the gear for the front output shaft. I already had it apart but forgot where it was slipping lol
No biggie. Just need to tear it down and get in there.

Tires are okay. Still wearing mine in and the more I spin them against the rocks I feel they are getting a bit more grip from being roughed up. I can tell they arent the softest compound either. But compared to the last truck I drove at proline by the fire (1.55 dirt grabber ascender) this thing feels like a monster truck!
It could use some weight in the axles though. If adding ssd diff cover and knuckles dont quite do it, might grab some beef tubes. As soon as she starts to teeter she just flops over like a dog wanting belly rubs lol current body height isnt helping either. Maybe slowing down shocks with thicker oil would help too. Kinda boingy.
Anyone know what weight these ship with?
Old 07-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

They do have a revised output shaft with through holes https://www.horizonhobby.com/lower-t...er-p-vtr332012

Though I've gotten by with a healthy coating of loctite and the original shafts with the flat spot

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-08-2020 at 09:58 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:10 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Casey but this one was is one of a kind scratch built transfer case made by Ernie.
Very nice flat box style with front overdrive.

But yeah anyone know what the rtr enduro has for shock oil weight? 35? If so I might go up to 45 to slow them down a little. Shes a little too... Wiggly?
Old 07-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #54
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Thanks Casey but this one was is one of a kind scratch built transfer case made by Ernie.
Very nice flat box style with front overdrive.

But yeah anyone know what the rtr enduro has for shock oil weight? 35? If so I might go up to 45 to slow them down a little. Shes a little too... Wiggly?
I think the stock oil is 35w, but not 100% sure. I added 40w to mine and bought the Traxxas GTS yellow springs. The springs are a bit shorter and lowered the COG a tiny bit. I'm really happy with how the shocks feel with this setup. I think 45w would work well too.

I installed the Beef Tube (hard) axles and SSD brass knuckles and SSD cubs.
Also added the Samix brass shock spring cups. These additions made a huge difference. Definitely would recommend these.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Nice. Thanks for the tips. I have been eyballing the ssd knucks and chubs but they always seem to be sold out at RPP.
Might do 45 weight as I think I have 25, 35, and 45 losi oil so I can go back to 35 if 45 is too thick.

Thanks! I have been on a bit of haitus (also goofing with the slash lol) but getting this ford body on the enduro has got me excited for crawlers again!
Old 07-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

The Enduro as long as it keeps the front planted down is a monster. In the front I'm using SSD knuckles, but I haven't gotten around to putting the chubs on yet. I also do have brass hubs in the front though.

I had originally added the SSD weights in the rear, but I found that it hindered me on steep climbs, so I took them off.

I'm still running 35wt oil front and rear, but I have the IERC shock towers in the rear to give it some lean.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #57
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Nice. Thanks for the tips. I have been eyballing the ssd knucks and chubs but they always seem to be sold out at RPP.
Might do 45 weight as I think I have 25, 35, and 45 losi oil so I can go back to 35 if 45 is too thick.

Thanks! I have been on a bit of haitus (also goofing with the slash lol) but getting this ford body on the enduro has got me excited for crawlers again!

Welcome!

I hear ya! I’ve been on a hiatus too, but not because I wanted to be! The wife’s to do list has kept me busy while I’ve been off work.

Yeah, just got my new Slash Ultimate out for its first run this past Sunday. It was fun to go fast again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Thanks soze! I forgot about those shock keys. Might have to try them. I have some room to lean the shocks down out back a tad. I was also thinking ae team wheel weights all around, front and rear ssd brass diff covers amd knuckles would be enough. But like I said earlier the knuckles are always out of stock at RPP. I dont have a problem trying somewhere else but usually go there first for everything (if I cant find it on amazon, which is where I ALWAYS get gift cards to on holidays).

Bmow I hear ya on the honeydo list! I habe had so much time off I would almost rather go back to work! But thats also how I get all this RC tinkering time so... ;)

Sidenote I fixed andrews transfer case on the rent to own ascender.
Just as I thought, grub screw on the front output gear was loose and just spinning on the shaft.
Cranked it down with a dab of my secret holding sauce and buttoned her up ready to rock!
Old 07-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks soze! I forgot about those shock keys. Might have to try them. I have some room to lean the shocks down out back a tad. I was also thinking ae team wheel weights all around, front and rear ssd brass diff covers amd knuckles would be enough. But like I said earlier the knuckles are always out of stock at RPP. I dont have a problem trying somewhere else but usually go there first for everything (if I cant find it on amazon, which is where I ALWAYS get gift cards to on holidays).

Bmow I hear ya on the honeydo list! I habe had so much time off I would almost rather go back to work! But thats also how I get all this RC tinkering time so... ;)

Sidenote I fixed andrews transfer case on the rent to own ascender.
Just as I thought, grub screw on the front output gear was loose and just spinning on the shaft.
Cranked it down with a dab of my secret holding sauce and buttoned her up ready to rock!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

HEY YOUNG MAN!!!!
you dont get off that easy... Just some thumbs up?
How are you??? I will PM you later. Thanks for dropping in and seeing this. This is what I was saving killer for.
*BIG TEAM ASCENDER HUG*

(Also, for anyome keeping score, my secret holding sauce is a drop of bob Smith industries medium CA on the threads. Its like Frank's red hot: I put that s#!+ on everything!)

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-09-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Shinchu got one too!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shinchu possibly building MONSTERS??? Shinchu Mega/Monster Trucks 0 02-06-2018 10:46 AM