Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: topher goes Full Sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #61

Default Re: topher goes Full Sendero

Did I miss where you said what inner fenders those are? Those would be a great addition for my Wrangler JK Unlimited Enduro.

Also, how's the paint holding up? I want to do a Fall Guy body for my Barrage, but nobody makes brown & tan lexan paints, so I was thinking about going a similar route to you and painting the outside after an initial coat of lexan paint.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Did I miss where you said what inner fenders those are? Those would be a great addition for my Wrangler JK Unlimited Enduro.

Also, how's the paint holding up? I want to do a Fall Guy body for my Barrage, but nobody makes brown & tan lexan paints, so I was thinking about going a similar route to you and painting the outside after an initial coat of lexan paint.
I think he bought the Enduro Sendero Inner Fenders.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #63
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:

Overall it has held up OK but around the edges where the indents were cut out for the sliders the paint has flaked, possibly since that area flexes and has some impacts against the sliders themselves. I’ve since trimmed them off (as pictured in the most recent photo). I’ve repainted it once, after the first run since the paint was only hours old when I took it out the first time. I feel like if I had allowed time for it to cure right from the get go it would have held up better. I should mention this was my first time painting the outside of a body.

If I were to do it a second time, I’d probably start with the clear body instead of the rtr since the lexan is thicker, and paint the inside with a tamiya ps55 flat clear then give the TS paints a shot behind that as others have reported success with this method.

For now I’ll keep running this one and maybe re-spray it again down the road as I have a bunch of the paint left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Correct, had to trim the underside of the bed/cab a tad to get the body to sit right but nothing major.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Overall it has held up OK but around the edges where the indents were cut out for the sliders the paint has flaked, possibly since that area flexes and has some impacts against the sliders themselves. I’ve since trimmed them off (as pictured in the most recent photo). I’ve repainted it once, after the first run since the paint was only hours old when I took it out the first time. I feel like if I had allowed time for it to cure right from the get go it would have held up better. I should mention this was my first time painting the outside of a body.

If I were to do it a second time, I’d probably start with the clear body instead of the rtr since the lexan is thicker, and paint the inside with a tamiya ps55 flat clear then give the TS paints a shot behind that as others have reported success with this method.

For now I’ll keep running this one and maybe re-spray it again down the road as I have a bunch of the paint left.

Correct, had to trim the underside of the bed/cab a tad to get the body to sit right but nothing major.
Quote:

It annoys the hell out of me that the factory body and factory option fenders aren't compatible entirely. Currently I'm running the fronts only but I might trim up the body like you did. Anyone out there with a single piece body won't have this issue.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #65

Quote:
Well, damn. I didn't even know those existed.

I guess I'm going to have to order up a set!

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 12-04-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:18 AM   #66
Go Buckeyes!

Nice upgrades TB!

Looking forward to hearing how the new battery tray works out. I do like the looks of it and the front servo mount.

My STRC servo/mount brace just came in yesterday. Hoping to get it installed this weekend. Seems like I'm always to steps behind you on upgrades!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #67
Slow is the new Fast

Great thread Topher, rig looks great!

Appears you have really run through the options for stiffening and and weighting the truck down low. Would be curious to know what overall weight you have gotten her up to. I get the sense you are considering pulling some weight off?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #68
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice upgrades TB!

Looking forward to hearing how the new battery tray works out. I do like the looks of it and the front servo mount.

My STRC servo/mount brace just came in yesterday. Hoping to get it installed this weekend. Seems like I'm always to steps behind you on upgrades!
Haha I hadn’t realized it before but now re-reading this I’ve had this truck set up quite differently each time I’ve had it out. Hoping this latest trim is here to stay.

I also recently posted a video on Instagram that made me realize the transmission was louder than it should have been. I tore it down and realized I had the wrong middle gear in and have fixed that and it’s much quieter now, my mistake before also prevented me from the full OD benefit so I’m even more excited to get it out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Great thread Topher, rig looks great!

Appears you have really run through the options for stiffening and and weighting the truck down low. Would be curious to know what overall weight you have gotten her up to. I get the sense you are considering pulling some weight off?
Thanks Smog! I’ve taken the 10.2 brass chubs off as I wasn’t super happy with the fit. At this point the added on weight pieces are the beef tubes front axle, ssd brass knuckles, and ssd rear weights. I have the ssd brass wheel hubs in front which add 40g per side, but is rotational of course. Based on my very scientific scale (weigh myself, then weigh myself holding the truck lol) it’s at 7.4 lbs with battery, interior, and driver. I’m not planning on adding any more weight but will get the aluminum ssd chubs at some point to replace the plastic ones, and will also replace the diff covers.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Nice man! Mine has been a goat. Definitely get that 12% overdrive set up right! I don't nearly have as much weight as you do, and my chassis isn't even stiffened up yet. Just too many projects! . I do have a bunch of parts waiting to be put on though. I will be attempting to stiffen up the chassis by adding additional stock plastic chassis braces first to keep the weight off of the top. My RTR is definitely not going to be my best performing Enduro, and that's mostly because of the cage and the weight it adds as well as the way I have to set up the shocks for it (despite it doing very well). When I get around to my builder's kit, I'm definitely going to tweak that as much as I can for performance.

I'm still waiting for the shock hoop/panhard mounts from SSD and Club5. I almost went with the Samix, but I wanted to see the SSD and Club5 versions first. The Club5 is supposed to be a double-shear design, so I really was interested in that, but he's got some delays now because of the whole US/China tariff situation. A lot of companies have scrambled to move back some of their production back to Taiwan (which I'm all for), so it's hard for him to get his designs manufactured in front of others.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #70

Quote:
Nice man! Mine has been a goat. Definitely get that 12% overdrive set up right! I don't nearly have as much weight as you do, and my chassis isn't even stiffened up yet. Just too many projects!
I'm in pretty much the same boat. The only weight adders that I have are the Beef Tubes knuckles and whatever weight the wheels & foams add. I'm not sure I'm going to add any more weight unless I run into situations where this truck fails to do what I expect.

The only iminent mod that I forsee is, like you, chassis stiffening, but I'll be doing it in my usual cheap-ass way (after all, I AM Budget RC!). I bought some 3mm ID aluminum tubing (6mm OD) that I'm going to cut to length and add to some of the unused holes in the chassis as well as across the shock towers. It should stiffen the truck up nicely without adding much weight or cost.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #71
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
I'm in pretty much the same boat. The only weight adders that I have are the Beef Tubes knuckles and whatever weight the wheels & foams add. I'm not sure I'm going to add any more weight unless I run into situations where this truck fails to do what I expect.

The only iminent mod that I forsee is, like you, chassis stiffening, but I'll be doing it in my usual cheap-ass way (after all, I AM Budget RC!). I bought some 3mm ID aluminum tubing (6mm OD) that I'm going to cut to length and add to some of the unused holes in the chassis as well as across the shock towers. It should stiffen the truck up nicely without adding much weight or cost.
I like that approach. If you don’t mine sharing the measurements you end up with that would be nice to have.

Quote:
Nice man! Mine has been a goat. Definitely get that 12% overdrive set up right! I don't nearly have as much weight as you do, and my chassis isn't even stiffened up yet. Just too many projects! . I do have a bunch of parts waiting to be put on though. I will be attempting to stiffen up the chassis by adding additional stock plastic chassis braces first to keep the weight off of the top. My RTR is definitely not going to be my best performing Enduro, and that's mostly because of the cage and the weight it adds as well as the way I have to set up the shocks for it (despite it doing very well). When I get around to my builder's kit, I'm definitely going to tweak that as much as I can for performance.

I'm still waiting for the shock hoop/panhard mounts from SSD and Club5. I almost went with the Samix, but I wanted to see the SSD and Club5 versions first. The Club5 is supposed to be a double-shear design, so I really was interested in that, but he's got some delays now because of the whole US/China tariff situation. A lot of companies have scrambled to move back some of their production back to Taiwan (which I'm all for), so it's hard for him to get his designs manufactured in front of others.
That’s a bummer about the delay, I’m interested in seeing those mounts as well. Your sendero is climbing pretty darn well from the vids I’ve seen, looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with the kit.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #72

Quote:
I like that approach. If you don’t mine sharing the measurements you end up with that would be nice to have.
If I remember, I'll check the measurements next time I'm on my PC at home. I already measured the width of the rails because I designed & printed a new front bumper mount.

BTW, these are the bars I bought:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/L-10CM-OD-3...72.m2749.l2649

3mm ID, 5mm OD. They're long enough that I should be able to get 2 braces out of each bar.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Jim, I used your EBay rod link. AND, I’ve got some brown and tan paint that goes in an airbrush I’ll send out to you if you’re still into a Colt Seivers edition Barrage. I’m outta town helping my step-mom with knee replacement (wish I’d known about the rods, could saved a shittonne on Ti if we coulda held her down for the Dremel Dremel work...just the left knee—-No, the right!!!)/ back Sunday. The paint will need to be REEELY WELL SHAKEN...kinda old. I’ll PM when I get back.

Topher, Jim: These Aluminium rods, you threading them or just get in there with a short screw & machine washer?

Quote:
If I remember, I'll check the measurements next time I'm on my PC at home. I already measured the width of the rails because I designed & printed a new front bumper mount.

BTW, these are the bars I bought:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/L-10CM-OD-3...72.m2749.l2649

3mm ID, 5mm OD. They're long enough that I should be able to get 2 braces out of each bar.

Last edited by LincolnofDeath; 12-05-2019 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Spell “ Topher “ better
LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #74
Gold Star Baby!

48 degrees with some humidity and a couple of tumbles and the paint was flying off the body today. Thinking it’s time for a new body and to repaint the sendero and keep it for light trail duty instead of trying hard lines.

Wasn’t super thrilled with the boom racing hustlers but being that it was cold, a little wet, and these foams seem too firm I’m going to give them another shot and try some different foams.

Didn’t take many pics but you can see the paint missing in a few spots in this pic, my driver also should have worn his seatbelt
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnofDeath View Post
Jim, I used your EBay rod link. AND, I’ve got some brown and tan paint that goes in an airbrush I’ll send out to you if you’re still into a Colt Seivers edition Barrage. I’m outta town helping my step-mom with knee replacement (wish I’d known about the rods, could saved a shittonne on Ti if we coulda held her down for the Dremel Dremel work...just the left knee—-No, the right!!!)/ back Sunday. The paint will need to be REEELY WELL SHAKEN...kinda old. I’ll PM when I get back.

Topher, Jim: These Aluminium rods, you threading them or just get in there with a short screw & machine washer?
Cool deal about the paint. Thanks!

As for the rods, I haven't tried them yet, but they're probably soft enough to thread an M3 screw right in. In my case, I'll run my M3 tap into each end first.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #76
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
my driver also should have worn his seatbelt
What! No seatbelts!!!

Man, the Sendero looks like an old beat up truck now!

I often wondered how good them Hustler tires were. I almost bought a set when they first came out, but just wasn't too sure if they were worth the money. Cold and a little wet is my normal operating conditions, so they may not work for me!
Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Didn’t take many pics but you can see the paint missing in a few spots in this pic, my driver also should have worn his seatbelt
I thought he was reaching down to pick up his Beer.
Daycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #78
Gold Star Baby!

Well, after the last run I decided to change some things up again. The boom racing hustlers are coming off for now and I’ll try them again in the spring when it’s hotter out.

I’m a big fan of the class 1 km3s from proline so I decided to give the tall tires a shot. Snagged some Ssd slots to throw them on as those should go along well with the new body. Using some PL dual stage foams I had around to stuff the tires.

The sendero body is also going to be retired till warmer weather. After the last run I’ll need to repaint the whole thing. The new body will be a proline 66 C10 can and bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
I thought he was reaching down to pick up his Beer.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Nice combo. I have the same on my sendero except I run CI single stage foams.
Works great and looks good!

Gesendet von meinem TA-1004 mit Tapatalk
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #80
Go Buckeyes!

Can't wait to see the '66 Chevy. That is one body that I really like and have been wanting to get.

I've heard great things about the larger KM3's. I too have the Class 1's and love they way they look and feel. I haven't bought a set of the larger cause they were a little too tall for the bodies that I run.

topher goes Full Sendero - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero picture archive- NO TALKING 1BadJeepBruiser Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 337 01-08-2024 09:20 PM
Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet. soze Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 132 03-17-2022 09:12 AM
Reef's RC Products New Sendero Steel Sliders - Now Available! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-01-2019 03:08 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero RTR - CDM Rocks - 6-28-2019 soze Scale Videos! 0 07-01-2019 01:13 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM