Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Just ordered My Builders Kit, What Cage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Just ordered My Builders Kit, What Cage?

I just ordered my builders kit last night and tower already sent it out, thank you tower, so i have a tamiya hilux front cab i was going to use and am curious if anyone knows of a stock rear cage that maybe attaches easily or should i try and fab one? i have never brazed and this would be my first go at it so i dont know about makeing one just yet without practice of course, so with that being said.... i would like to find something that would work for a while untill i do feel confy enough with making my own!!! would the one from the cross rc demon work?

Thank you all

Chris
yel98vwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Just ordered My Builders Kit, What Cage?

congrats on your kit!
and it just so happens, Soze did a great little tutorial on how to fit the Gmade BOM rear cage on the enduro (RTR).
Soze adds an Enduro Sendero RTR to the fleet.
and because im feeling extra nice on a Monday, here is a link to the vid soze made also!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6Tr63LPSo

*and i tried the cross RC demon SR4 cage and NOPE. the bottom rails of the cage sit right on top of the enduro frame rails, making it sit WAY too high.

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Well that sucks it was a great price!!! i want to try and keep my suspension somewhat stock i dont like how he had to lay them down so much.... i did that years ago with my cr01 before i knew anything and they just pivoted not much suspension movement.... could always do a canti set up for the rear suspension several companys make them or just fashion one! anyone try the honch rear? or if anyone knows of something that absolutly works as a bolt on i am all ears!
Old 07-15-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

oh there has been luck with the proline cage, forgot about that one.
a double-dose of shinchu is nice on Monday!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQo67KsEb4
*embedding didnt work... cage installation at 12:30.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Shinchu,

Thank you so much that may work for what i am wanting to do bidy wise! now maybe you can help me on a few ither levels....

1) Gearing: I am planning on useing the 11% overdrive i will be useing a 3000kv brushless motor, not sure if it will be a 2s or 3s but either wayany suggestions on how to set my gearing?

2) Wheels and tires: I am planning on getting some ssds or something like that but i have a set of my stock rc4wd trail finder 2 wherls and tires bolted up with zero use! those will get me going but the ultimate goal is to use those with a d90 body on my trail finder, and have the enduro have some SSDs or something along those lines but i want my tires to kind of be bigger and ballon out alittle more, any suggestions?

3) Theme: That brings me to my theme of the whole truck, i have an old Tamiya HiLux cab that has been sitting for ten years, it is a funky purple like it used to be a buitiful purple but faded in the sun was what i was going for! well i want to use that with the cage but i am going to be doing a Mad Max Theme with the whole thing, so keep that in mind! now there is the winch servo spot not sure what i could do with that as opposed to a winch. i will be ageing alot of this, i may do an interior but may not have not decided. I would like with that motor to have a bit if wheel speed so if i want to bomb down or up something i can and the fenders could be cut off i am into wanting to make it capable but also something you could see Max role up in out in the Wasteland!!!!

Thanks again man, i am just back to crawling again i have been tweaking with all sorts of wierd RCs the last few years but all have been ideas and i am itching to get these ideas done and this one just happened and xhanged a few other projects for the better! But really it comes down to getting my side of the garage which is the RC and fish room in order, the wife gave me an ultimatum and said i couldnt work on rc till thats done (its only a few hours of work). Just been out odlf the scene a while and this rig inspired me back onto RcCrawler again!!!

Thanks guys i will get pics as soon as i can, if you are curious about any of my builds or ideas i have been floating around amongst friends i am hopeing to post about them.... if you guys have ibtrest please let me know!!!! Lets just say i have about 6 Rcs i can walk outside or inside with right now but i have a total of 24 (i did inventory today) along with several other projects and chassis and ierd ideas that would comprise of about a total of 30 RCs!!! and its only growing! I have everything from 2.2 1.9 1.0 crawlers to 1/8 scale buggys, drones tricopters, Vintage tamiya losi and associated, all are electric but i have two nitro traxxas, along with rock racers and custom builds i have come up with! I just have never posted about it or talked about it publicly, just been something my buddys and i do (We have a team YCKI racing, although we dont race we just hang out and smoke weed!! and rc)......

either way thats my rant sorry so long but ya if people are interested in aeeing more as i get them going it gives me more of a push to finish 5#!+ well thanks all!!!

Chris

Last edited by yel98vwgti; 07-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Real quick post I will answer more later, but for now remove the part about the nitro traxcas being for sale. Its against policy here. Better to hear it from me than the authorities...

More later though.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thank you sir!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quick update on my cage setup. I've just tweaked it to be at less of an angle. Will update soon when work permits.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Soze, thatwould be sick to see what you did, i am going to try and make this thing as capable as possible with stock geometry, trying to keep this my fun capable scaler!!!! if i am going for big stuff i will bust out my Tamiya CR01 based Junfac 2.2 crawler!!! but everyone has different rigs for different applications am i right? its all part if this Hobby we all dearly love!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yel98vwgti View Post
Shinchu,

Thank you so much that may work for what i am wanting to do bidy wise! now maybe you can help me on a few ither levels....

1) Gearing: I am planning on useing the 11% overdrive i will be useing a 3000kv brushless motor, not sure if it will be a 2s or 3s but either wayany suggestions on how to set my gearing?
this rig will take 3S beating on the RTR gears all day, so kit will take it no problem. gearing... some say gear it down with a 14T pinion. i bought one at the hobby shop when i picked up my RTR but haven't used it. runs OK to me on 16T but that's with a stock brushed motor (on 3S).
brushless i don't know, but as long as you aren't giving it full rip with wheels jammed, should be fine (also not this rig has no slipper clutch) just run it and make adjustments accordingly.

Quote:
2) Wheels and tires: I am planning on getting some ssds or something like that but i have a set of my stock rc4wd trail finder 2 wherls and tires bolted up with zero use! those will get me going but the ultimate goal is to use those with a d90 body on my trail finder, and have the enduro have some SSDs or something along those lines but i want my tires to kind of be bigger and ballon out alittle more, any suggestions?
if you want bigger, i would go with something other than your TF2 takeoffs. run something larger like what comes with the RTR (4.65" iirc?) on a 1.9 wheel. or if you REALLY want some sidewall, use the 1.55 wheels from the TF2 but step up to a larger OD like a 4.7". there is a tire size guide somewhere on here...
keep in mind the more sidewall you have, the easier it will fold over on itself when side hilling (or turning at full rip on a brushless 3S setup?)

Quote:
3) Theme: That brings me to my theme of the whole truck, i have an old Tamiya HiLux cab that has been sitting for ten years, it is a funky purple like it used to be a buitiful purple but faded in the sun was what i was going for! well i want to use that with the cage but i am going to be doing a Mad Max Theme with the whole thing, so keep that in mind! now there is the winch servo spot not sure what i could do with that as opposed to a winch. i will be ageing alot of this, i may do an interior but may not have not decided. I would like with that motor to have a bit if wheel speed so if i want to bomb down or up something i can and the fenders could be cut off i am into wanting to make it capable but also something you could see Max role up in out in the Wasteland!!!!
wasteland inspired hilux body sounds rad.
you don't need to put anything where the servo winch goes. its just there for the option. also consider some exposed unibody under those missing fenders. interior for a hilux is easy, lexan or molded plastic.

Quote:
Thanks again man, i am just back to crawling again i have been tweaking with all sorts of wierd RCs the last few years but all have been ideas and i am itching to get these ideas done and this one just happened and xhanged a few other projects for the better! But really it comes down to getting my side of the garage which is the RC and fish room in order, the wife gave me an ultimatum and said i couldnt work on rc till thats done (its only a few hours of work). Just been out odlf the scene a while and this rig inspired me back onto RcCrawler again!!!
would love to see pics of all the other RC stuff in the "non crawler" section here. also hear you on organizing the garage. my bench is okay but the rest is a warzone lol car parts and tools everywhere. i have a 3 car garage and i can barely fit 2 inside lol.

Quote:
Thanks guys i will get pics as soon as i can, if you are curious about any of my builds or ideas i have been floating around amongst friends i am hopeing to post about them.... if you guys have ibtrest please let me know!!!! Lets just say i have about 6 Rcs i can walk outside or inside with right now but i have a total of 24 (i did inventory today) along with several other projects and chassis and ierd ideas that would comprise of about a total of 30 RCs!!! and its only growing! I have everything from 2.2 1.9 1.0 crawlers to 1/8 scale buggys, drones tricopters, Vintage tamiya losi and associated, all are electric but i have two nitro traxxas, along with rock racers and custom builds i have come up with! I just have never posted about it or talked about it publicly, just been something my buddys and i do (We have a team YCKI racing, although we dont race we just hang out and smoke weed!! and rc)......

either way thats my rant sorry so long but ya if people are interested in aeeing more as i get them going it gives me more of a push to finish 5#!+ well thanks all!!!

Chris
again post up a thread in the non-crawler section for all those other RC you have, sounds really cool! i have been in to drifting for a while but haven't touched them since maybe 2008? trying to get them running and maybe a new RWD drifter since those got popular after i stopped AWD drifting. dunno about the weed thing, im in the navy so its off limits for me. not sure what the forum policy is on that?? but i would avoid being so... *blunt* lol i had to...

but yeah welcome back to RC crawling, its a GREAT time for this niche of the hobby right now!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

That is all what i was thinking for sure!!!

do you guys know if any other brand of bumpers work on the enduro? i dont have my kit and only have access to my trail finder 2

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

they designed it to be fully compatible with SCX10 bumpers, plus scalerfab has a BUNCH of stuff they just released specifically for the enduro.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Soze, thatwould be sick to see what you did, i am going to try and make this thing as capable as possible with stock geometry, trying to keep this my fun capable scaler!!!! if i am going for big stuff i will bust out my Tamiya CR01 based Junfac 2.2 crawler!!! but everyone has different rigs for different applications am i right? its all part if this Hobby we all dearly love!!!
Don't get me wrong... it still is at an angle. Just at less of an extreme.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

btw im really curious if the axial honcho cage fits now. i was just eyeballing it on RPP and the price (under $40) might be worth trying.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
btw im really curious if the axial honcho cage fits now. i was just eyeballing it on RPP and the price (under $40) might be worth trying.
It fits. Or at least I've seen pictures of one fitting.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

ORLY??? im guessing on facebook…
well geez... i just added up everything i want to do VERY soon on RPP and its already over $100 haha and its all cosmetic (except the winch controller wink wink)
Old 07-16-2019, 06:38 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
ORLY??? im guessing on facebook…
well geez... i just added up everything i want to do VERY soon on RPP and its already over $100 haha and its all cosmetic (except the winch controller wink wink)
I don't facebook. I do have instagram though. That's where I saw it.

Just ordered My Builders Kit, What Cage? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cherokee kit or Raw Builders Kit? Can’t decide! twentyniner Axial SCX10 II 12 12-02-2018 09:14 AM
Mog cage and bed builders? KellyC Axial SCX-10 4 08-31-2015 08:51 AM
Q for the cage builders 1998xjspt Tools, and Procedures 9 01-10-2015 10:01 AM
Kit Ordered, Parts Ordered, Suggestions??? OkinawaCrawler Tamiya XC/CC01 6 02-21-2014 09:52 AM