RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/)
-   -   Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/element-rc-1-10-enduro-trail-truck-sendero/610340-codyboys-enduro-making-my-own-46-pw.html)

Topher Builds 07-24-2019 04:31 PM

Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

I’m definitely waiting to get a front codyboy axle my rig, patiently following along with the progress as the excitement grows.

crunky 07-25-2019 10:18 PM

It's awesome to see you're still feeding the hobby with inspirational ideas, and the level you go to help people. You're an icon that restores faith in humanity.
God bless you and your family bud.

CODYBOY 07-26-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinchu (Post 5952204)
only problem i see with driver side drop on the enduro is the t-case spits out the front output to the passenger side. is there a way to overcome that while keeping the awesome stealthX transmission?

Working on it. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeMinnix (Post 5952256)
you know where to find me!

I hadn't considered that as I don't have my kit built sitting in front of me yet, valid concern, if push came to shove, I'd just roll a passenger drop and pretend it had chevy axles :lmao:

Yes you are at the top of my list! ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5952259)
I’m definitely waiting to get a front codyboy axle my rig, patiently following along with the progress as the excitement grows.

I have parts right now to do three so you guys are at the top of my list.

Right now I'm waiting on some bearings to test fitment, but my biggest challenge is my lathe bit the dust on Monday. It is electrical and I replaced some parts with no success so I have a electrical mechanic friend who works with circuit boards all the time coming by this morning. I did everything I could do with trying to keep it as cheap as I can. From here on out it won't be cheap. I may need to start a GoFundMe account to get through this one!!! :lmao:;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunky (Post 5952542)
It's awesome to see you're still feeding the hobby with inspirational ideas, and the level you go to help people. You're an icon that restores faith in humanity.
God bless you and your family bud.

Well, thank you for the very kind word!!;-) I don't feel like a icon, but along with most of you guys out there I get great joy out of helping people. At 70 I feel very blessed to have recovered from cancer! So my motives are selfish, the time spent in my shop is therapy! "thumbsup"
Ernie

JSterrett 07-26-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5952624)
Right now I'm waiting on some bearings to test fitment, but my biggest challenge is my lathe bit the dust on Monday. It is electrical and I replaced some parts with no success so I have a electrical mechanic friend who works with circuit boards all the time coming by this morning. I did everything I could do with trying to keep it as cheap as I can. From here on out it won't be cheap. I may need to start a GoFundMe account to get through this one!!! :lmao:;-)

If your guy can't figure it out, shoot me a message, I might be available to make a little road trip and come look at it...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CODYBOY 07-26-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSterrett (Post 5952647)
If your guy can't figure it out, shoot me a message, I might be available to make a little road trip and come look at it...

What a cool offer!!!! But you know that you don't need a reason to come up on that road trip! We would love to have you up for a visit! Maybe we can go through my wealth of junk (oops) "valuable parts" to see if I have anything you can use on your builds. I will let you know what we find out. I'm thinking a motor, board, forward reverse switch or chuck safety guard switch. So hoping Lynn can help me narrow it down. I've had the lathe for a number of years now, and was thinking earlier this year about upgrading it. But then Maybe it's because "Mercury is in retro grade". :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Anyway would love to have you visit. "thumbsup"
Ernie

JSterrett 07-26-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5952665)
What a cool offer!!!! But you know that you don't need a reason to come up on that road trip! We would love to have you up for a visit! Maybe we can go through my wealth of junk (oops) "valuable parts" to see if I have anything you can use on your builds. I will let you know what we find out. I'm thinking a motor, board, forward reverse switch or chuck safety guard switch. So hoping Lynn can help me narrow it down. I've had the lathe for a number of years now, and was thinking earlier this year about upgrading it. But then Maybe it's because "Mercury is in retro grade". :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Anyway would love to have you visit. "thumbsup"

Ernie

I might have to take you up on that. I need to make some braces for a new skid design, and I was going to go buy a cheap band saw and bench grinder, but I'm betting you already have those, lol...

CODYBOY 07-26-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSterrett (Post 5952765)
I might have to take you up on that. I need to make some braces for a new skid design, and I was going to go buy a cheap band saw and bench grinder, but I'm betting you already have those, lol...

I probably have what ever you need. When ever Marcia is describing my shop to anyone she always says "ya, Ernie has a shop that Tim the tool man would be proud of". Several years before I retire I would buy a couple pieces of equipment each year with my fire overtime, so when I retired I had most of what I needed to play with when I go out there. Soooooooooooooo let me know when you would like to come up and we will see if it works for us. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Shinchu 07-27-2019 10:34 AM

I have the same theory: buy toys now while money is steady, then you can still play when the income slows a bit ;)

Sad when an old reliable tool lets the magic smoke escape. I felt the same when my trusty dremel from 2004 quit on me last year.
But I totally agree with Crunky above. You are an icon in this hobby and we need to get you going again!
Let us know if you need any more help.
BTW I spotted you amd Marcia in my lattest issue of RC Car Action! Its in a shot of imthatguy and James Knight judging the concourse. Those great shirts Chris made came in handy for spotting ascender folks!

Keep on truckin Ernie!

durok 07-27-2019 04:28 PM

Hey - someone should get goin' on a Element Sendero shirt design for next year...

(just sayin') "thumbsup"

Somethin' about "Braving the Elements?"

(please don't anyone start a build thread with that title... I swear I'm just about to drop the hammer on one - them releasing the caged back half was the final straw... well, that and the fact that RC4WD is releasing TSL Thornbirds, which means I need another vehicle - too many wheel/tire sets, not enough vehicles to properly put them in regular rotation!)

(and not only that, but I eventually need the new taller/wider RC4WD Milestar Patagonia tires as well)

(my rubber fetish is gonna drive me to the poorhouse!)

punkindrublik 07-27-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5952890)
Hey - someone should get goin' on a Element Sendero shirt design for next year...

(just sayin') "thumbsup"

Somethin' about "Braving the Elements?"

Crawling is Elemental...

Brake Weight 07-27-2019 10:01 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=somb...bU9CieWQhC1PeM

CODYBOY 07-30-2019 11:56 AM

Ok, a little update on my Offset front axle. As promised, a few photos.
The axle with parts to kind of show the progression.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...7-IMG_1653.jpg

Here is the weight with axle ready to mount. I haven't screwed in the brass shaft to the pumpkin, I need to orient the shock and link mount so they are positioned right. As it sits, I have 40 hours in design and machining and several hundred $ into test parts.

I may do just a few of these or maybe a small run. As you can see I have moved my tie rod from BTA steering to the front. I like to clock my axles for a little more kick back than the stock set up will allow. They can be built as stock but you would need to use the stock knuckles. I could design something to be able to use the BTA with this set up, but SSD and Beef tube already have that covered and coming down the pike.

They can also be built with the SSD brass knuckles which would add about 5 more grams of weight to the set up.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...2-IMG_1645.jpg

Fifty + degrees of turning clearance.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...3-IMG_1646.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...IMG_1650_1.jpg

I just wanted to share that my shop isn't a big production shop, but a shop that a grandpa loves to work in. So most all the brass parts are hand made on this equipment.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...8-IMG_1654.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...IMG_1655_1.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...IMG_1656_1.jpg

And my new lathe.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums...1-IMG_1657.jpg

Topher Builds 07-30-2019 12:11 PM

Looking really good Ernie!

soze 07-30-2019 12:12 PM

Nice!

MaX-D 07-30-2019 12:33 PM

Mad Skills Ernie!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

B-MOW71 07-30-2019 01:56 PM

Excellent work on the axle![emoji106]

That’s my kind of workshop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

indybama 07-30-2019 02:35 PM

Great job ernie! Looks spectacular! All your hard work is much appreciated by all of us here. U really have a great talent brother, keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Topher Builds 07-30-2019 04:36 PM

The sendero is going to kill it with this axle on there, looking forward to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5953477)
Great job ernie! Looks spectacular! All your hard work is much appreciated by all of us here. U really have a great talent brother, keep up the awesome work!

Agreed "thumbsup"

CODYBOY 07-31-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5953442)
Looking really good Ernie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5953443)
Nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaX-D (Post 5953451)
Mad Skills Ernie!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Thanks for the likes guys!!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-MOW71 (Post 5953474)
Excellent work on the axle![emoji106]

That’s my kind of workshop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I know I'm very lucky to have it to play in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5953477)

Thanks for the kind words, I'll have some picks of it mounted today. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5953495)
The sendero is going to kill it with this axle on there, looking forward to it!

Agreed "thumbsup"

Test fitting today. "thumbsup"

DukeMinnix 07-31-2019 11:17 AM

Looking awesome Ernie, thoroughly impressed as per usual. I was off work yesterday and spent most of the day fooling around not on my phone or the internet so missed this yesterday!