Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Nice job ernie! Youve got a great gift for fabrication n a knack for some one off awesome builds! Keep up the great work, love watchin your threads, lots of helpful n inspiring info for sure.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words, it's all about passing it forward. I have so much fun tinkering in my shop and then showing how to apply what I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
The new rear axle looks excellent Well done
Thanks Casey, I appreciate the encouragement.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #102
Gold Star Baby!

Great work on the rear axle. Smoother than bill Withers. Any idea how much the whole truck is weighing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I'm sure SSD is working on a fix, would you like to try one in the meantime?
Absolutely
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Great work on the rear axle. Smoother than bill Withers. Any idea how much the whole truck is weighing now?

Absolutely
Thanks, Bill Withers?? The truck is at 6 lbs 13 oz with a 2200 3C battery. I'll work on a couple pan hard mounts this week end. But first I need to finish a front axle for AnimalHippie's daughter, Joss.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 09-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Bill Withers??
https://youtu.be/tIdIqbv7SPo

Rock'N'Roll Hall-of-Fame Inductee...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
https://youtu.be/tIdIqbv7SPo

Rock'N'Roll Hall-of-Fame Inductee...
I should have known that!!! Thanks durok!
Ernie
Old 09-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #106
RCC Addict

That axle looks awesome brother! Always building cool stuff in that garage of yours. Really like the high pinion center chunk. Did you find your mushroom in the box I sent? Joss grabbed it out of the drawer and said we should send it to you when I was getting the axle ready for shipping.

Quote:
Thanks, Bill Withers?? The truck is at 6 lbs 13 oz with a 2200 3C battery. I'll work on a couple pan hard mounts this week end. But first I need to finish a front axle for AnimalHippie's daughter, Joss.
Ernie
She's been asking me every few days about going out to the trail again for the past few weeks. Glad she's starting to get into running them with me more. Thank you again Ernie!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Absolutely
Hey Topher Builds, I have your pan hard bar mount done, I put the extra hole in but I think it is strong enough without drilling and tapping for it! PM me with your addy and I can put it in the mail tomorrow.

I have 3 more done, first come first serve. PM me.

Compressed, and no binding or suspension touching anywhere on the links.

And full droop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
That axle looks awesome brother! Always building cool stuff in that garage of yours. Really like the high pinion center chunk. Did you find your mushroom in the box I sent? Joss grabbed it out of the drawer and said we should send it to you when I was getting the axle ready for shipping.

Ernie

She's been asking me every few days about going out to the trail again for the past few weeks. Glad she's starting to get into running them with me more. Thank you again Ernie!
Axle is in the mail. And I did find the mushroom, give Joss a hug for us and tell her thank you.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 09-09-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #108
Gold Star Baby!

PM coming. Thank you Ernie!
Old 09-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
PM coming. Thank you Ernie!
It will go in the mail tomorrow.
Ernie

I have 2 left.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #110
RCC Addict

Talking Re: Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW

Quote:
Axle is in the mail. And I did find the mushroom, give Joss a hug for us and tell her thank you.
Ernie
Awesome! Can't wait to get her rig going again. Think I will let her install it. She enjoys wrenching. Thank you again Ernie! We really appreciate everything you have done for our family! Gave her a big hug from Mr. Ernie and Mrs. Marcia. She told me to give you guys one too, but my arms are a little short for that.

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 09-10-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Amazing truck, amazing skills!
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to get her rig going again. Think I will let her install it. She enjoys wrenching. Thank you again Ernie! We really appreciate everything you have done for our family! Gave her a big hug from Mr. Ernie and Mrs. Marcia. She told me to give you guys one too, but my arms are a little short for that.
You should have it by now, hope it put a smile on Josses face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
Amazing truck, amazing skills!
Thank you young man!
Ernie

Ok I have been crunching # the last couple days to see if I could come up with a doable range of underdrive using a SSD portal axle in my Enduro. Harley started me thinking about this when he put a VP portal in his VS4-10 Pro. (I did the same chart in Durok's thread about doing It). It didn't get much interest there, but oh well!

All this time I thought the Enduro tranny/t-case was over driving the front, but NOPE, it under drives the rear.
As you can see, we can get to the right numbers by changing up the Enduro t-case gears. If someone wants to check my math and theory that would be great! ( My math skills are next to none.)
Let me know what you think.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 09-13-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #113
RCC Addict

Good morning brother, yes we got it the other afternoon. Just been so busy haven't even been able to really look at it much less get it installed. Joss was super stoked about it. She's so ready to go out to the trail again. The girls went right to putting the doughnut tattoos on and doing those work sheets. They were super excited. K said to tell Marcia thank you and give her a hug for her. Going to try to get it and those lockouts installed this evening if everything goes good. Weather permitting me and some buddies are going to go crawling this Sunday and already got the all clear from momma to take Joss out to the trail next week sometime. Can't wait to try it out. Thank you again Ernie!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #114
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Glad to see I could bring back some fond memories with the tilting body.

Hey Topher Build, I have run a couple packs through my endure and the offset axle is holding up very well. With the extra weight it climbs as good or even better than anything I have built! I'm only going to do 3 more of these, so do you still want to do one? SSD was nice enough to sell 3 sets of the offset unis from his Trail King kit axle so I already have those and could start on it next week. I still need to run some numbers to see what my out of pocket is and then see what we come up with as far as cost. Are you still game? In talking with SSD I bet he will coming up with something in the next few months. (He already had it in the works before designed mine. Probably the biggest reason I'm only going to do 3 more.
Ernie
Hey Ernie sorry I didn’t see this message till now. I’d like to keep the stock BTA steering so I’m going to sit tight and see what comes out, certainly looking forward to what SSD has coming. I appreciate you asking about it and it’s a nice axle you came up with.

This was in the mail when I picked it up, thank you very much! Looking forward to getting it installed and having the peace of mind that it’s solid.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Ernie, that chart is prodigious...

I'm very interested to see your progress on this!

My "project" is taking a back seat for now, have spent a lot on crawler parts lately.

Eventually I'll be ordering the remaining parts to finish it, but for now just gonna finish the Enduro up as a pretty mild build and try to get out and run it for a while.

Once cooler weather hits down here, I hope to find some more killer crawl spots over in the park!
Old 10-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Ernie sorry I didn’t see this message till now. I’d like to keep the stock BTA steering so I’m going to sit tight and see what comes out, certainly looking forward to what SSD has coming. I appreciate you asking about it and it’s a nice axle you came up with.

This was in the mail when I picked it up, thank you very much! Looking forward to getting it installed and having the peace of mind that it’s solid.
Well, hope you got it on without to much trouble. I have three more that I built before we left on our trip to Southern Calif.

Quote:
Ernie, that chart is prodigious...

I'm very interested to see your progress on this!

My "project" is taking a back seat for now, have spent a lot on crawler parts lately.

Eventually I'll be ordering the remaining parts to finish it, but for now just gonna finish the Enduro up as a pretty mild build and try to get out and run it for a while.

Once cooler weather hits down here, I hope to find some more killer crawl spots over in the park!
we all have to set some priorities!
Ernie

It has been a while so I thought I would bore all of you who chose to look with some crawling photos at Corona Del Mar Beach. I think this is where the Associated guys did some testing and crawling of the Enduro.
Anyway we met up with Browneye (Chris) at the "rock" although it is really a very hard sandstone formation. Very kool place to crawl.

My Enduro.

My wife of 50 years and photographer for today.

And Chris filling me in on the course ahead of us.

What a nice setting for a crawling spot!!!

Ok, let carnage begin!

One tough line!!!

Mr Browneye showing me the way!

"I think I can, I think I can".

Chris, "I think I can"!! and yep, he could finally.

As for me, not quite. Now on to the next challenge!

The battle scares are starting to add up, but what a fun day.

So Marcia says that the climb is becoming a bit more than she wants to tackle so that is all the photos. Chris, myself and a couple locals had a fun afternoon of crawling, Thanks Chris, I'll take you to one of my spots in Oregon when ever you guys come up!!!

Ernie
Old 10-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Excellent photos and great write-up, sir!

We are getting very close to prime crawlin' weather down here, supposed to cool down below 90 next week.

I am hoping to finally get out there with a couple rigs!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:08 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Amazing shots Marcia!!! Truck looks great Ernie! CDM Rocks is one of my bucket list spots to crawl. That place is awesome! Maybe I'll get there in 10 years or so. That's one of Soze favorite spots to crawl. It's awesome to see you out there getting some wheel time brother! Keep up the great stuff! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Be safe!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:37 AM   #119
Slow is the new Fast

Pretty sweet crawl spot, no doubt. Looks like a gorgeous day Ernie. You get to go to the beach in October and I am dusting off my down coat.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Excellent photos and great write-up, sir!

We are getting very close to prime crawlin' weather down here, supposed to cool down below 90 next week.

I am hoping to finally get out there with a couple rigs!
Thanks, hope you get in some good crawling pretty soon!

Quote:
Amazing shots Marcia!!! Truck looks great Ernie! CDM Rocks is one of my bucket list spots to crawl. That place is awesome! Maybe I'll get there in 10 years or so. That's one of Soze favorite spots to crawl. It's awesome to see you out there getting some wheel time brother! Keep up the great stuff! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Be safe!
Thanks Justin, Chris and I had a great time with some of the local guys! there are some pretty challenging lines there for sure. I believe you will make there, just hang in there. Maybe on your trip to Oregon!
Give the girls a hug.
Ernie and Marcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Pretty sweet crawl spot, no doubt. Looks like a gorgeous day Ernie. You get to go to the beach in October and I am dusting off my down coat.

Codyboy's Enduro making it my own, 46 PW - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codyboy's 46 Powerwagon Flatbed. CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 111 09-19-2022 08:05 PM
Codyboy's Unlimited Desert Racer CODYBOY Large Scale Rigs 47 05-23-2019 09:19 AM
Codyboy's 79 Ford (Rent to Own) Ascender CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 235 01-04-2019 06:11 PM
Codyboy's MRC that wants to be........ CODYBOY Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 49 06-18-2015 08:05 PM