Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Braving the Element

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Braving the Element

Definitely looks like a work truck!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Definitely looks like a work truck!
Yeah - I dunno - the Thornbirds are singing their siren song, luring me onto the rocks...

But I'll confess they're a little tricky to mount evenly, gonna try Ernie's trick of trimming the foams a bit. They're pretty wide and the rubber is very sticky, and the first time I mounted a couple I noticed the sidewalls were uneven. They are airing out on my coffee table for a while while I rethink things...

I may have them ready before the truck is completely to my liking - and that may change everything - may be hacking away those flares and swapping wheels/tires yet AGAIN!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #63
Go Buckeyes!

Yep, great choice on the front bumper! These bumpers fit this body well.

Interesting choice for the rear bumper! You know, it actually looks really good and will provide protection for the rear cage that hangs over the chassis.

Nice job durok!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:03 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Yep, great choice on the front bumper! These bumpers fit this body well.

Interesting choice for the rear bumper! You know, it actually looks really good and will provide protection for the rear cage that hangs over the chassis.

Nice job durok!

Ditto!! Didn’t think of using the front bumper in the rear.... works for me!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, guys... I plan to trim the very tips of the Vanquish bumper so that they don't hook on anything.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Installed DS3218 Pro servo, threw the stock bed back on, used the front bumper from a GS02 upside down in the rear just as a temporary measure - puked up most of a Team Associated SC5M decal sheet all over the body... and oh, yeah - another wheel/tire swap - RC4WD black steel spoked beadlocks and Mickey Thompson MTZ tires with the newer white RC4WD foams - and actually DROVE it!!!

Attached Images

Old 10-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Nice!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

So nice he said it twice lol

But yeah looking good! I dig the new shoes!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:11 AM   #69
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Ordered a Mamba Micro X Crawler Edition ESC, HH Stubby PP 2700kv brushless motor, and a HeyOK NoBrainer BEC...

And an Element decal sheet, a basic Team AE lighting kit, and a HH bypass harness.

I think I'm done for now.
Great build thread as usual Durok.

Why the micro x?
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice power plant package!
x2
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:32 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Great build thread as usual Durok.

Why the micro x?

x2
Because I've noticed the Enduro is very lightweight, and since this is the 3rd 1.9" trail rig I have, I figure I'll try keeping it the lightest by sticking to smaller and lighter parts.

Just a theme I'm checking out...
Old 10-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #71
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Because I've noticed the Enduro is very lightweight, and since this is the 3rd 1.9" trail rig I have, I figure I'll try keeping it the lightest by sticking to smaller and lighter parts.

Just a theme I'm checking out...
I like your thinking. Look forward to your experience with the Stubby PP. I have been going trough all of JRH’s product vid’s, I don’t think I will be buying anything but Holmes motors for awhile. Hard not to get wound in when you are being completely informed to what you are getting(pun intended)

Dude could be a cult leader. He’s got me totally geeked out
Old 10-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #72
RCC Addict

He is a cult leader! Didn't you know?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #73
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
He is a cult leader! Didn't you know?

I had a feeling something was up when he bought a ‘hobby house’
Old 10-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #74
RCC Addict

LOL!

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #75
Gold Star Baby!

Truck is looking good Durok! Glad to see you got some wheel time in.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Truck looks really good.
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

grat looking rig, I really like the tire/rim combo you choose
antigacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

So the Enduro (and my trusty Ascender) has now been to crawl spots in Houston and San Antonio, along with my crawlin' buddy Miatardo and his TRX-4 Bronco (rollin' on Thornbirds!)...

Unfortunately there is no photographic record of my Houston crawl session... (total brain fade, used up all my Pixel XL's juice running driving directions down to Lockhart to pick up Miatardo and then running the two of us and our rigs to Houston - dead phone upon entry to the outskirts of H-town - D'Oh!)

However, I did take a couple pics of the huge mob of crawlers that we met up with in San Antonio today - they're the Corpus Christi, TX bunch - they came up from the coast.

We met at the Leon Creek Greenway and had a blast - ran our trucks for about 5 hours, beautiful day - 78deg, sunny as all get out, we even got sunburnt!

There's really one pic that sums it all up - and on the top row, 1st truck (F100 Ascender - Miatardo's son's truck) 2nd truck (my Enduro) and 5th truck (Miatardo's TRX-4 Bronco) and loads of other sweet rigs, covering nearly all the trail rig options - and there were many more vehicles not pictured, as nearly everyone brought more than one truck (I heard one guy brought 6!) - and to describe to caliber of trucks present would be impossible, just one example would be the stunning 6x6 HARDBODY Defender (pretty sure it had 4.19" tires) with a truck bed that was trying and making a lot of the crazy lines - until he broke a front wheel clean off! - so he switched rigs and kept on goin' - the guys (and gals!) were all super-friendly, and they had someone shooting video as well, making sure to catch a bit of everyone's rig after having them look into the camera and introduce themselves! (I think that video may be heading for the Corpus Christi Crawl group FaceBook page)

Anyways, the pic:
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #79

My Brother just got this truck. I turned the hubs lefty loosey and they came off after 2 full turns but I did use the shelf liner stuff you mentioned too. I did not want to marr up the surface. Looking closely there is thread inside that hub.
DTD_2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:33 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

So I've been running the RC4WD black 1.9 steelie spokers with RC4WD Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 4.6" OD tires - both taken from my RC4WD C2X - for quite some time now...

They aren't a tire that is mentioned very often, and admittedly not one I'd likely buy separately - but I have noticed the MTZ RC4WD tires in all sizes seem to be very popular in Europe. I've found that they work quite well on the rocks in my area - the truck has now added San Marcos, TX to the list of locations it has crawled. There's a fun river bed there that was basically completely dry when we visited a couple times.

Earlier today Miatardo and I hit Walnut Creek in Austin again, first time in a while. We brought extra rigs, but got a late start (my fault, as usual ) and only ran his trusty TRX-4 Bronco (with a set of well-broken-in Thornbirds on aluminum beadlocks and some other mods, but NO brass!) and my Enduro - which still is stock aside from the DS3218 Pro servo, some different plastic bumpers and the aforementioned C2X wheel and tireset.

I DID hack off the fender flares before we left (part of what held us up, also I added some washers behind the wheel hexes on my Barrage to get rid of all the slop) because I have had it with the tire rub! Anyways, I had my Barrage in my backpack but never took it out - both our battery packs were still going strong as the sun finally left us.

So - my Enduro is still awaiting major changes - all the parts are somewhere in my apartment, I'm almost to the same point with it as I am with my Bomber - can practically build a second one with just a handful more. I'll be doing a few mods at a time, as I'm not certain I want to pair with what.

Have most of the hard plastic parts, upgraded gears, Samix aluminum battery tray to allow lengthwise forward battery mount (to allow narrow Creep body to be used), some special parts to make the body unique, Castle SW4 and a HH Revolver v2 2200kv for power, and a still new set of RC4WD Thornbirds and several beadlock wheel choices to mount them to. I also picked up a GMRC Machete chassis - but I don't know how well it will play with the Samix battery tray - so I may pick one or the other if there's incompatibility.

As per usual, we got caught up in enjoying crawling today, and only remembered to snap a couple pics right at dark - nothin' special, a cell phone camera isn't optimal for those conditions, it was MUCH darker than it looks - this was using Night Sight mode, but I don't have a very steady hand to allow for better focus - but here we are creekside, my headlights illuminating the sunset stripes of Miatardo's Bronco (with a light kit he picked up recently):
Attached Images

Braving the Element - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to crawling and just got the Element RC Senduro remedy00311 Newbie General 20 07-13-2019 06:24 PM
Element of Survival Hunter711 U4RC 0 05-08-2014 07:48 PM
Out of my element.. 3s motor choices? monkeymagic9 Rally 7 09-24-2013 09:29 PM
New element discovered JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 8 05-24-2010 11:20 PM