Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Front universal axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #1

Default Front universal axle

Anyone else break a front universal yet? Broke a tab off one side of the axle that the pin goes through. Was just playing around on a vertical ramp and it grabbed a 2x4, broke the knuckle and the hub too.

Stock replacement is $38. The whole axle kit is $75... The Axial ar44 axles look like they'll fit with a bit of work. any word if Vanquish or MIP have something for the Enduro yet?

Last edited by Teamwild; 07-27-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Teamwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Front universal axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwild View Post
Anyone else break a front universal yet? Broke a tab off one side of the axle that the pin goes through. Was just playing around on a vertical ramp and it grabbed a 2x4, broke the knuckle and the hub too.

Stock replacement is $38. The whole axle kit is $75... The Axial ar44 axles look like they'll fit with a bit of work. any word if Vanquish or MIP have something for the Enduro yet?

I'm working on a design using SSD pumpkin with a offset. Will weigh close to 5 oz. I should have some more photos up in my build thread next week.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:56 AM   #3

I ended up buying the entire axle set from Element since it seemed like the better deal to get all the parts... also in the process it looked like the SCX10-2 axles were the same but I didn't want to spring for the Vanquish ones as I couldn't find any info online if they actually fit. I found some knockoffs on Amazon for $13 so I grabbed those to see what's up.

Short story is all the measurements pretty much are spot on for the Enduro universals. If you look at the pics you'll see the $13 version is real thin where the stock universal broke so I don't expect them to last long, but next time I'd grab the Incision SCX10-2 universals and expect they'll be the hot setup.

Teamwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:12 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwild View Post
I ended up buying the entire axle set from Element since it seemed like the better deal to get all the parts... also in the process it looked like the SCX10-2 axles were the same but I didn't want to spring for the Vanquish ones as I couldn't find any info online if they actually fit. I found some knockoffs on Amazon for $13 so I grabbed those to see what's up.

Short story is all the measurements pretty much are spot on for the Enduro universals. If you look at the pics you'll see the $13 version is real thin where the stock universal broke so I don't expect them to last long, but next time I'd grab the Incision SCX10-2 universals and expect they'll be the hot setup.

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48422986276_ea07afa471_z.jpg

[/IMG]

SSD makes one that is very nice design, it's the one I use when building my axles.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ssd00325.htm

Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 07-31-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
SSD
RCC Addict

I found the Element universals bind easily and can see why they put steering limiters on the C hubs. If you change to SSD Universals then you dont need to limiters. They are a direct fit. Also after we release our knuckles and C hubs you will want the SSD universals to get maximum steering.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice info!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
I found the Element universals bind easily and can see why they put steering limiters on the C hubs. If you change to SSD Universals then you dont need to limiters. They are a direct fit. Also after we release our knuckles and C hubs you will want the SSD universals to get maximum steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Nice info!

Front universal axle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for universal front body mount posts 8000ft Axial Yeti 2 03-02-2016 08:12 PM
Front Universal shaft Issue 05Fronty4x Axial Wraith 10 05-02-2013 08:59 AM
Front Universal Installation HELP..!!! Land Crab Axial Wraith 17 04-16-2012 07:10 PM